Hard On Both Sides

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

Timeless – After School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC9ZONaGZw8

~●♥●~

 

It was already late when MinYoung, HaRin and Joongjin got home; INFINITE walking them home. While they bid their goodbyes, Sunggyu said his goodbye to MinYoung last; their friends were still chatting loudly.

 

“So we just stay like the way we used to?” he asked softly.

MinYoung nodded slowly, “Just like this.” Sunggyu halfheartedly smiled.

 

MinYoung reached for his arm, “I didn’t mean to hurt you, oppa. I’m sorry.”

“You don’t need to apologize. I just didn’t realize that you follow a rule,” he said.

 

“What rule?” MinYoung questioned.

 

“Yo-you know, a ‘no-dating-a-co-worker’ rule,” he clarified.

MinYoung pinched her eyebrows together, “I never had that kind of rule, oppa. I just didn’t want to ruin this friendship.”

 

Once he heard her say that she didn’t have any rule of whatsoever, Sunggyu started to feel fine.

 

“So there could still be a chance.”

 

“I understand,” Sunggyu smiled sincerely.

MinYoung peered at him and he gave her an okay sign.

 

“You better get inside. It’s getting really cold,” he told her.

“All right. Good night, oppa,” MinYoung waved.

 

-

-

-

 

“She what?” a surprised Sungyeol asked.

 

Once they reached home, the boys began to wonder what Sunggyu and MinYoung were talking about when they bid their farewells. Sunggyu, not knowing what to do, told s about his and MinYoung’s conversation that they had when they went out of the restaurant.

 

“But she seems interested in you. How can she turn you down?” Woohyun thought out loud.

Sunggyu smothered his face with his hands, “I don’t know either. She didn’t like the idea that I know her at this point.”

 

“Well, do you really know her that well?” Hoya, who was sitting beside him on the couch, asked.

 

“Yes,” Sunggyu confidently answered. Then his voice softened, “Well, I think I do.”

“You think you do?” Hoya raised an eyebrow.

 

“What are you up to, Hoya?” Dongwoo cut in.

 

“I had an interesting conversation with HaRin when they went to watch us rehearse the other day. She mentioned about MinYoung having gone through a tough time. HaRin won’t tell me what happened,” Hoya narrated.

 

“She went through a tough time?” Sungjong blinked. He tried to recall MinYoung look like she was struggling. “I don’t remember noona looking depressed.”

 

“Maybe she had a bad break up,” L made a guess, making everyone stare at him.

 

“Could be. It’s not impossible,” Sungyeol almost agreed.

“You think?” Sunggyu looked up at Sungyeol. Before Sungyeol could answer, Dongwoo cut him off.

 

“Whatever the reason is, hyung, she’ll come around and tell  you. For the time being, just give in to her request and be a friend. Aside from HaRin and Joongjin, I guess she needs us as well. She needs someone to trust.”

 

“Hyung’s right. HaRin was asking me if we could be trusted,” Hoya nodded approvingly.

Sungyeol peered at him, “You and HaRin are on good terms, aren’t you?” Hoya shrugged his shoulders and tried to hide his smile.

 

“Wow. I never thought MinYoung noona’s been having a hard time,” L shook his head.

 

“I have a feeling it’s not just a bad break up,” Sunggyu was lost in his deep thoughts.

 

-

-

-

 

“Hyung said what?” Joongjin asked, standing by MinYoung’s bedroom.

 

After being sent home by INFINITE, HaRin pulled MinYoung and Joongjin to MinYoung’s bedroom and asked about the scene that she saw before they bought ice creams. MinYoung sat on her bed and told her friends about Sunggyu’s confession.

 

“And you turned him down, just like that?” HaRin questioned softly. MinYoung nodded.

 

“I didn’t want to break him but what am I supposed to do. I don’t want to enter into anything right now aside from being friends. I can’t ask him if he can wait for me because even I don’t know when I’ll be ever ready again,” she explained.

 

Joongjin sat beside MinYoung and enveloped her in a hug, “I’m sure he’ll understand.”

“I just hope he won’t hate me after tonight,” MinYoung prayed.

“Unnie,” HaRin joined the hug, squeezing her friend in between; “I doubt he’ll hate you. Sunggyu oppa seems to be a great guy and he’ll understand you for sure.”

 

MinYoung sighed, “Thank you, dongsaengdeul.”

“No worries, unnie,” HaRin assured her.

 

“This is hard,” MinYoung breathed.

“It is,” Joongjin nodded, “On both sides.”

 

“I know. But it’s about time I protect myself again,” she said.

“We’ll be here, no matter what,” HaRin squeezed her.

 

“Yeah and I feel like Hoya oppa will be there as well,” MinYoung turned at HaRin with a smirk.

 

“UNNIE!!”

 

“Oh yeah! You guys were on a staring game while we had dinner,” Joongjin poked her side.

 

“YAH! Shouldn’t you be going at ahjumma’s house by now?!” HaRin pointed at Joongjin. MinYoung laughed at her friends.

 

~●♥●~