Love is JUST a Four Letter Word

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

Everlasting Sunset – Juniel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN5K8HNGmLw

~●♥●~

 

Late that afternoon, MinYoung decided to go for a jog since she has no plans of staying at home. She changed into some running clothes, tied her hair up and went out of the apartment. She jogged aimlessly until she has decided to go to the beach and jog by the shore.

 

The sun was ready to set in less than three hours.

 

“I could catch the sun set after,” she thought happily. It has been a long time since she went to the beach and it excited her since she’ll be spending some time in her favorite spot.

 

As MinYoung neared the coastline, the salty and crispy scent of the water filled her lungs. She took a couple of deep breaths more before releasing them, somehow relaxing her.

 

After a good run, MinYoung stopped in a secluded part of the beach which was her favorite spot because people rarely went there. She sat by the rocks and watched the sun sink into the horizon.

 

“Beautiful, isn’t it?”

 

“Whoa!” MinYoung almost fell off of the rock when she heard someone talk. The person caught her arm, preventing her from falling. She stood up and dusted her hands.

 

“Thanks,” she looked up and found the person removing his cap; it was Sunggyu. His navy blue shirt was already drenched in sweat.

 

“Oppa! What are you doing here?” she asked, surprised to see him.

“I usually jog around here,” he answered. “You?”

“Same thing,” she said. “And this is my place,” she placed her hands on her hips; Sunggyu stepped back, acting as if he has trespassed on her property. They both broke into a laughter.

 

“Mind if I join you here? I’m quite tired already,” he said as he sat by a rock.

MinYoung chuckled, “Be my guest. Although, you’ve already made yourself comfortable,” she said as she sat beside him. They both watched the sun set in silence.

 

The sky was already orange that gave a warm effect on MinYoung’s skin. Sunggyu looked to his side and watched her with her eyes closed and her lips almost curved into a smile; she looked so peaceful.

Suddenly, MinYoung opened her eyes and found Sunggyu looking at her as if he’s got a lot of questions in mind. He then quickly looked away. MinYoung’s eyes lingered on him for a moment before looking away. Sunggyu looked back at her and so did she.

 

“Caught,” she smirked.

 

“You want to ask me something, oppa?” she asked.

Sunggyu shook his head and looked ahead of him. He tried to get a peek at MinYoung but she was still looking at him.

 

“Oppa,” she cleared , “Even if we’re not in a serious relationship, you could still ask me anything.” Sunggyu slowly turned to look at her.

 

“Come on, what is it?” she turned her body towards him to converse comfortably.

 

Sunggyu laughed uncomfortably, “MinYoung-ah.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

He turned to look at her, “Are you… Are you satisfied with… Like this?”

MinYoung pouted, “What do you mean?”

 

Sunggyu sighed as he doesn’t know how to explain it, “This set-up of ours. We do things that normally couples would do and not just friends who goes out, grabs some dinner and be like any normal couple would.”

“Is this about being casual?” she asked. Sunggyu remained silent.

 

“Aren’t looking forward to be in a serious relationship?” he slowly asked.

She shook her head. “Why?”

 

MinYoung chuckled, “I’m not looking for any drama. Being in a relationship is just a pain in the head and ALL relationships come to an end; they never last. So why be in one?”

 

Sunggyu tried to understand where she was coming from but then his curiosity wasn’t filled as he doesn’t know why MinYoung decided to believe in that.

 

“It’s just full of drama and I intend to avoid any drama right now. And what is it that we’re not getting in this set-up that we don’t get in a serious relationship?” she asked him.

 

Sunggyu stared at her, “Love?”

 

“Love?” MinYoung wanted to laugh. “Love is just four letter word, oppa. It doesn’t exist. Only fools believe in that. Love limits you to do things you want to do; prevent you from being someone who you should be.” Sunggyu was lost for words.

“And most importantly, if things go wrong, it’ll leave you crying,” she finished. Sunggyu perked up.

 

“You cried because of love before?” he softly asked, his eyes showed pity.

MinYoung chuckled, “Who didn’t? I’ve been a fool once and I have no intentions of being a fool again.”

 

Sunggyu reached for her hand to touch it. He wanted to make her feel that he feels sorry for her. “When was this? What happened?”

 

MinYoung gave out a small smile and patted his hand with her free hand, “I’m fine with this set-up, oppa. We’re casual, no drama, and we both get what we want and do what we want,” she said instead of answering his questions.

 

“But this,” she points to her chest, near her heart, “This will be kept with me. This is mine.”

 

Sunggyu gave the same amount of smile, “What if your heart doesn’t belong to you anymore and it belongs to someone now.”

“That’ll be abusive,” she giggled.

 

“What if that person never quits on pursuing you?” he asked.

“I wish him good luck.”

 

“What if he promises that he’ll never make you cry?”

“He can never tell. He’ll just become a liar.”

 

“What if he’s the only person that can make you happy?”

“I can take care of that myself, thank you.”

 

“What if he’s willing to shout to the whole world that he loves you?”

“Just like how you admitted at Weekly Idol that you’re already dating someone?” Sunggyu turned crimson. MinYoung laughed, “No, thank you.”

 

“You really have an answer to every question, don’t you?” he said in disbelief.

MinYoung shrugged her shoulders, “Well, that’s me~”

 

Then, Sunggyu turned serious but his eyes were gazing warmly at her, “What if I fall in love with you?”

 

MinYoung’s smile slowly disappeared as Sunggyu continued to look at her. This is the only question that she doesn’t know what her answer should be. MinYoung’s heart began to beat like crazy but she showed him no emotion.

 

“And I thought you have an answer to any question,” he chuckled.

MinYoung stood up and pushed him making Sunggyu fall off the rock, “I could just kill you, you know?!” she said as she walked away.

“Well, I could just love you instead!” he shouted at her.

 

“You’re out of your mind, oppa!” MinYoung started to run which surprised Sunggyu. He began to sprint off to catch up to her.

“Are you running away from me?!” he shouted.

 

“Get lost, oppa!” she screamed, laughing.

 

Sunggyu accompanied MinYoung back to her apartment. They stopped by a mini mart to grab some drinks before heading home. When they neared her apartment, MinYoung searched for her keys in her pockets.

 

“Dammit!” she muttered.

 

“What’s wrong?” Sunggyu asked, alarmed.

She whined, “I left my keys inside!”

“Is HaRin up there? Do you have a phone with you so you can call her?” he asked again.

“That’s another thing: I left the house with nothing!” she groaned in frustration.

 

“What time is she coming back?” he asked as he looked at his watch.

MinYoung scratched her head, “The thing is, she’s not coming home tonight. She needs to spend the night at the theater with Joongjin and the others.”

 

“What should I do, oppa?” MinYoung wanted to cry.

 

A light bulb then flashed on top of his head, “I have an idea but I need to check-in with the managers if it’s okay.”

 

~●♥●~