It's Just Coffee

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

2Love – 2Boram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTAanmxBGOo

~●♥●~

 

It was already past eight in the morning when MinYoung got a call from one of INFINITE’s managers. She was asked to come to Woollim to prepare a short choreography for the boys. It took her less than an hour to prepare before leaving her apartment. MinYoung took a cab to go to Woollim.

 

Once she arrived at the building, she immediately went straight to meet the managers.

 

“They’re going to go on dance contest; a battle amongst the idols,” manager Hyowan explained.

MinYoung nodded in understanding, “So it’ll be like a mash-up of songs, right?”

“Yeah,” manager Jungryul answered. “They’ve already chosen what songs they’d like to work on.”

“Dongwoo and Hoya have some routines done and they’d like to include it in the dance,” manager Gonam added.

 

“Should I be talking to them about it now?” MinYoung asked.

Manager Gonam shook his head, “They’re off to MBC in a while for Music Core but they’re on their final rehearsal for the broadcast.”

“All right,” MinYoung smiled, “I’ll just head to the studio to wish them good luck.”

 

The managers waved off at MinYoung as she left them. She used the stairs to get to the boys’ studio. On the last step of stairs, MinYoung saw Sunggyu leaning beside the dance studio’s door. He looked up and smiled once he saw MinYoung. Sunggyu approached her with two cups of coffee in hand.

 

“Good morning,” he greeted warmly and offered the other cup of coffee to MinYoung.

She crossed her arms, “What’s that?”

“Coffee,” he answered.

“I know its coffee, oppa,” MinYoung chuckled. “But what does this mean?”

 

Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders, “Coffee. Keeps you alive in the morning? Some sort of antioxidant.”

 

“Isn’t it clear, oppa?” MinYoung asked seriously.

“Clear about what?” he asked.

 

“Us.”

Sunggyu chuckled, “I never knew there was an ‘us’ already.”

 

The joke didn’t make MinYoung laugh. She continued to give him a knowing gaze.

 

“Okay, sorry,” Sunggyu smiled softly. “I just want you to have some coffee before you work your off again. I know you’ll be choreographing again.”

MinYoung slowly smiled at the thought that Sunggyu somehow cared for her. She took the cup from Sunggyu’s hand and took a sip.

 

“No strings,” she stated. Sunggyu blinked before answering.

“None.”

“No feelings involved.”

“None.”

“No expectations.”

“Zilch.”

 

“Just coffee?”

Sunggyu laughed, “Just coffee.”

 

MinYoung gave an approving nod, “Good. Glad to know we’re on the same page.” She took a sip of her coffee and then patted Sunggyu’s chest before leaving him outside to greet the others inside the studio.

 

“It’s just coffee.” Sunggyu told himself as he rubbed the spot that MinYoung patted. He then went inside the studio and found MinYoung conversing with Hoya and Dongwoo. Sunggyu then approached the trio.

 

“We’ll come back here after Music Core to get the choreography started,” Dongwoo stated.

“Are we all coming back here for it?” Sunggyu asked as he stood close behind MinYoung.

Hoya shrugged his shoulders, “It’s up to you, guys. We’re just going to play with some routines and see what works best before we could learn it together.”

“All right. I’ll come with. The others have their own schedules to follow after,” Sunggyu said.

“Okay, cool,” was all Dongwoo said before leaving the group to rehearse his parts.

 

“MinYoung-ah, can I ask you something?” Hoya softly asked.

“Sure, what is it?”

Hoya rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment, “I really like your friend and I’d like to take her out on a date.”

MinYoung laughed, “Are you asking for my permission?”

“Well, sort-of,” he chuckled.

“If it’s you oppa, I have no problems at all,” she assured him. “But, you should be asking her about this.”

 

“Do you think she’ll go out with me?” he asked, suddenly nervous.

MinYoung wanted to scream “yes” but that might make Hoya think that he really does have a good chance with HaRin. MinYoung didn’t want to break it into him at this point; that’s no fun.

 

“Ask her, oppa. You’ll know your answer,” she teased.

Hoya laughed, “Alright, I will.” And then he left MinYoung and Sunggyu alone.

 

“Do you think they’ll end up being together or ‘just coffee’?” Sunggyu joked.

MinYoung laughed hard. She turned around and shoved his shoulder, “You’re crazy.” And then she left him.

 

Sunggyu just laughed at himself as his eyes followed MinYoung.

 

“I could be crazy about you.”

 

~●♥●~