Resigning

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

Because I Am A Woman – KISS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtU-mosH7GA

~●♥●~

 

MinYoung thought about leaving Woollim and going back to the theater. She didn’t tell either HaRin or Joongjin about her decision since she wanted to keep things subtle and less complicated.

 

HaRin woke up one day and found MinYoung by the living room with her laptop on her lap and a phone between her ear and shoulder. HaRin watched her friend intently as she got herself a glass of water.

 

“I’ll be dropping my resignation letter this afternoon,” MinYoung talked to the person on the phone. She and whoever was on the phone exchanged a couple of more conversations while MinYoung typed on her laptop. Soon, she hung up and concentrated on her resignation paper.

 

“You’re leaving Woollim?” HaRin asked. MinYoung jumped in surprise.

“Goodness, you scared me!” MinYoung exclaimed, placing a hand over her chest.

HaRin ignored her exclaim, “So are you?”

“Yeah,” MinYoung nodded. “Uncle Chungho talked to me about going back to the theater the other day.”

 

“What about INFINITE oppadeul?” HaRin asked.

MinYoung cleared and brought her eyes back to her laptop, “Wha-what about them?”

“Are they aware of your resignation?”

“Uncle will be calling Mr. Lee. I’m sure he’ll relay the news to the boys,” MinYoung tried to sound nonchalant.

 

“So you’re just going to saunter off like that?” her friend asked, approaching her at the couch.

“Working at Woollim was only temporary,” MinYoung immediately answered. “I never really planned on working there permanently. I just needed to new environment to help me start my life normally again.”

 

HaRin bit her lip. It was true; being Woollim’s resident choreographer was never a permanent plan. “What about Sunggyu oppa? He’s been waiting for you to call him but you never did. If there’s one guy who deserves to be treated properly, even just for once, that’s Sunggyu oppa,” HaRin told her. MinYoung kept silent.

 

“I don’t know if you’ve realized it yet but I don’t think you’ve ever treated him right after all the things he has done for you. Yeah, you asked him out on a date but it ended up on having you guys agree on a stupid set-up,” she said.

 

MinYoung looked plainly at her. HaRin continued, “Did you guys really think that no one would fall for the other?”

 

“He was the first one who proposed on the set-up,” MinYoung tried to defend herself.

 

“But don’t you see? He did it because he was so into you. Everyone knows you like him too; you just won’t give it a chance. Now that he has admitted that he loves you, you wouldn’t give it a chance as well,” HaRin pointed.

 

MinYoung looked at her in disbelief, “How am I supposed to give him a chance when I just came from a tough relationship. You knew I couldn’t trust anyone after what Jinho-”

 

“Jinho is already out of the picture, unnie!” HaRin interrupted her. “Sunggyu oppa is way different from him and you know it. Just forget about the past.”

MinYoung looked hurt at her, “Of all people, I thought you would understand.”

 

HaRin sighed, “Unnie, I do, okay? I understand and know where you’re coming from,” she said, sitting beside her friend, “But you’re letting yourself tie to the past. You’ll never learn to trust your heart to anyone if you won’t let yourself detach from that awful event.”

 

MinYoung’s tears suddenly fell. She hastily wiped it away, not liking the discussion that’s she’s having with HaRin.

 

“All I’m saying is you have to face Sunggyu oppa. If you have to leave, give him a proper good bye; probably a proper closure,” HaRin said, patting her friend on the shoulder.

 

~●♥●~