Perfect Timing?

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

 

~●♥●~

 

Dongwoo, Hoya and Sunggyu went back to Woollim after their performance at Music Core. When Sunggyu opened the door to the studio, loud music was blasting thought the big speakers. MinYoung was dancing in a powerful manner; her top already drenched in her sweat and her hair was pulled up in a messy bun. The song has finally ended when she looked up by the mirror and saw the three boys standing by the door.

 

“Hey,” she greeted breathlessly.

“Are we going to use those routines?” Dongwoo asked, his eyes sparkling.

 

MinYoung smiled through her pants, “No. I was just… taking some stress off~” she answered, still trying to catch her breath.

 

“Good. Sungyeol will kill you if you let him do those kinds of stuff,” Sunggyu joked as he tried to copy her movements.

 

“That was some good stuff,” Hoya complimented.

“Yeah?” MinYoung wiped off her sweat. “We could get some of the routines for your dance if you like.”

Dongwoo and Hoya exchanged looks and then agreed to the idea.

“We’ll go change,” they said before leaving MinYoung and Sunggyu alone in the room. Once the door shut, Sunggyu went near MinYoung.

 

“You said you were stressed out?” he asked as he held a bottle of water.

She nodded, “Yeah, I had a lot in mind today.” Sunggyu offered the bottle to MinYoung.

“Thanks,” she said as she took a swig of her water.

 

“How was the performance?” she asked.

Sunggyu grinned, “Great as usual. The screams of the fans could bring the entire MBC building down.”

“That’s because you offer too much fans service. I’m surprised that MBC’s not suing you guys for that,” she kidded.

 

“They won’t do that~” Sunggyu shook his head.

“How sure are you?” MinYoung crossed her arms.

He grinned, “100%. We keep the ratings of the show up!” he bragged.

 

“Liar!” she shoved him by the shoulder while they both laughed. Then, Sunggyu caught her hand and held it between his.

 

“Listen,” his voice went deep, “Why don’t we go for a walk later tonight?”

MinYoung bit her lip, “I don’t know oppa. I might stay up late with Dongwoo oppa and Hoya oppa tonight.”

Sunggyu shook his head, “No, you won’t” MinYoung raised an eyebrow.

“We have to get back at the dorm by 9pm. We’re taping Weekly Idol tomorrow,” he explained.

“Okay,” she nodded.

 

“Okay, we’ll go for a walk?” he asked.

MinYoung nodded. “Alright. Cool.”

 

Sunggyu and MinYoung stood by the room in silence. When MinYoung looked up, Sunggyu was gazing down at her, a small smile placed on his lips. He was inching forward when suddenly, the door opened. MinYoung and Sunggyu looked up to see Dongwoo and Hoya already changed into their dancing clothes.

 

“Oops. Did we barge in at the wrong time?” Dongwoo asked as he remained unmoved by the door. Hoya was smirking at the back.

“No, of course not!” MinYoung answered. Sunggyu looked at her in disbelief.

“You’re just in time,” she walked away from Sunggyu.

 

“Let’s get started.”

 

“Sorry, hyung,” Dongwoo apologized as he went pass his friend. Hoya just smirked and followed Dongwoo.

 

“You guys are gonna get it when we get home,” Sunggyu grumbled inwardly.

 

By 8:30pm, the dance was almost done so MinYoung decided to call it a night. The boys needed to be back at the dorm soon and she didn’t want to hold responsible for breaking their curfew.

 

“You guys wait for me. I’ll just walk her home,” Sunggyu told his friends who just waved him off. MinYoung has just gotten out of the ladies’ room when she saw Sunggyu outside holding her things for her.

 

“Let’s go?” MinYoung nodded and took her bag from Sunggyu.

 

Sunggyu and MinYoung were making their way to MinYoung’s apartment in silence. Sunggyu looked down and found MinYoung’s right hand swaying idly by her side. He took the opportunity to hold her hand and entwined their fingers together. MinYoung’s eyes shifted but then she showed no expression on her face.

 

“That’s weird,” Sunggyu spoke.

MinYoung looked up at him, “Hmm?”

“You usually look at me when I hold your hand,” he said.

MinYoung looked down at their hands, “This is nothing new. I’m used to it.”

 

“So it’s okay to hold you all the time now?” he asked.

“I guess so,” she shrugged her shoulders.

 

Suddenly, Sunggyu pulled her close to him and held her by the waist. MinYoung’s eyes widened. She looked up at Sunggyu and found him smirking.

 

“You’re enjoying this, huh?” MinYoung asked plainly. They both stopped walking by the pedestrian as they waited for the walk sign to turn green.

Sunggyu bent down and placed his lips next to her ear.

 

“You said I could hold you anytime. So, I just want to hold my girl close,” he said huskily. Sunggyu’s voice sent shivers down her spine. She was thankful that he was holding her or else she could’ve melted right then and there. MinYoung turned her head to look at Sunggyu which she realized was a mistake: their faces were inches away from each other. Sunggyu’s eyes then shifted towards MinYoung’s lips.

 

For the second time, Sunggyu began to lean in when…

 

“Unnie!!”

 

Sunggyu stopped. HaRin and Joongjin were coming from behind, arms linked together. The pair joined MinYoung and Sunggyu.

“Hey! Were you going home?” MinYoung asked, smiling.

“Yeah, you?” Joongjin asked.

MinYoung nodded, “Sunggyu oppa was walking me home.”

“No kidding,” HaRin commented as if she doesn’t know anything.

 

HaRin and Joongjin greeted Sunggyu.

 

“Oppa,” MinYoung turned to look at Sunggyu, “You should head back to the building. I’ll go home with HaRin and Joongjin instead.”

“Are you sure?” Sunggyu asked, sounding a bit disappointed.

MinYoung nodded, “Get home safely!”

 

Sunggyu reluctantly pulled away from her and waved goodbye to everyone.

 

“He seems disappointed, unnie,” HaRin whispered as they watched Sunggyu’s back.

“I know. I have a feeling he’s cursing his timing,” MinYoung said. Joongjin and HaRin looked at her, dumbfounded.

“I’ll be right back.”

 

Before HaRin and Joongjin could say a word, MinYoung was already chasing Sunggyu.

 

“Oppa?”

 

Sunggyu stopped when he heard MinYoung’s voice. He turned around and suddenly MinYoung had him in a hug.

 

“Thanks,” she smiled warmly when she pulled away. Sunggyu was amazed. She then tip-toed to her feet and kissed him on the cheek before walking away.

 

When she returned to her friends, they began teasing her.

“What was that?” Joongjin teased.

“I think he’s no longer disappointed,” HaRin laughed. MinYoung looked back and saw Sunggyu walking away with his head up high.

 

“Sometimes, you just have to make up to something to please a man,” MinYoung stated as she remembered how Sunggyu attempted to kiss her twice but was only interrupted by their own friends.

 

~●♥●~