Questioning Contentment

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

샤르르 (for Darling) – Dal Shabet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH9fKkSl2vo

~●♥●~

 

After the day’s schedule, INFINITE went back to their dorm. Sunggyu was lying on his bed when he heard a knock.

 

“Come in!”

 

The door opened and all of s’ heads peeked inside. Sunggyu sat up.

 

“What’s up?” he asked them. The boys entered Sunggyu’s room that he’s been sharing with Woohyun and locked the door. Everyone looked for a place to settle down in front of Sunggyu.

 

“Let’s have a serious conversation,” Woohyun started.

Sunggyu blinked, “All right but about what?”

 

“Is MinYoung noona your girlfriend or not?” Sungjong asked bluntly. Sunggyu stopped.

 

“No,” he said softly, “she’s not.”

 

“But?” Dongwoo asked. Sunggyu smothered his face with his hands.

 

“At this point, I think I’m actually falling for her deeper; like I’m in love with her now not just some infatuation,” he said slowly. The rest growled.

 

“We know that, hyung, but falling in love was not part of the set-up remember?” L reminded him.

 

“I know that,” Sunggyu leaned in, resting his elbows on his thighs. “We know the set-up and we don’t need to explain that to everyone understand.”

 

“You’re right, hyung,” Hoya cut in. “But if you both want to continue this set-up, at least help each other to understand it.”

“You know what? You’ll get hurt, hyung,” Sungyeol warned. “Don’t tell us we didn’t warn you.”

 

“Then let it be,” Sunggyu said with determination. “I don’t care if I get hurt in the end because this me and I wanted this; and if I do get hurt, I’m not going to blame anyone. I swear,” he raised his right hand. His friends exchanged worried glances and Sunggyu didn’t fail to catch up.

 

“Look,” he sighed, “I love her,” he finally admitted. Sunggyu broke into a smile and the rest knew that Sunggyu was serious; they couldn’t help but feel their leader’s happiness as well.

 

“I really love and I’m prepared to whatever may happen in this hole I went in. I’m willing to accept whatever she gives. I’m ready to face any challenge; anything for her,” he stated.

 

“And yes, I’m also ready to get hurt if that ever happens,” he added. Everyone sighed.

 

Sungyeol grumbled, “I can’t believe hyung actually has a soft spot.”

“Yah! Of course I have! And I’m not a rock and I don’t live under one,” Sunggyu argued.

 

“You’ve changed a lot after meeting MinYoungie,” Woohyun chuckled. “It sounds crazy and something that girls would say but you’re radiating.”

“I love the girl,” was all he could say.

 

“Since now you’re sure of your feelings for noona,” L started to talk after a moment’s pause, “When are you planning to confess to her?”

 

Sunggyu cleared his throat, “We’ll get there but for now, she doesn’t need to know.”

“Hyung, it’s already been a while since you’ve gone out with her. Aren’t you at least concerned if she loves you back?” Woohyun asked.

“You can’t forever live like this. You have to tell her and she has to know,” Dongwoo butted in.

 

“The right time will come. For now, I’m contented with what I have,” Sunggyu said.

 

“Yeah, but how long will this contentment of yours last?”

 

Woohyun’s question made Sunggyu stop. Everyone stared at Sunggyu as they waited for him to answer but was at lost for words.

 

~●♥●~