Friendly Date

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

U U – She’z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBJCDQf7qKU

~●♥●~

 

Sunggyu and MinYoung lightly chatted as they walked down the streets, looking for a place to get some hot cocoa. Sunggyu then finally spotted a place for them to grab some hot drinks: Paris Baguette.

 

“Come on,” Sunggyu grasped MinYoung’s hand and pulled her to walk faster.

 

“Wha-” MinYoung’s eyes fell on their hands. “Here we go,” Sunggyu cheered as he looked up the bakery’s signage. He looked down at MinYoung and found her staring back at him. MinYoung slyly looked down on their hands and Sunggyu followed.

 

“Oh,” he immediately let go of her hand, “My bad.”

MinYoung chuckled, “No worries.” Sunggyu embarrassingly coughed in his fist.

 

“Are we having our drinks here?” MinYoung asked as she nodded towards the bakery.

“Yeah, here,” Sunggyu opened the door for her.

 

The smell of fresh baked breads and cakes whipped out on MinYoung’s face when Sunggyu opened the bakery’s door. The scent was so inviting that she didn’t hesitate to step inside and Sunggyu followed her. He took a tray and a clamp to be used on the breads and pastries.

 

“Do you like anything in particular?” Sunggyu asked when he saw MinYoung eyeing the endless choices of bagels, sandwiches, breads and cupcakes in front of them.

She turned at him with a suspicious look, “You are treating, right?”

“Of course,” Sunggyu laughed and she joined him, “Nah, I was just playing with you. I’ll pay on my own.”

 

Sunggyu didn’t really plan on arguing but he could hear Sungyeol’s voice on the back of his head, “It’s a date: a friendly date.”

 

“No, I’ll pay. I asked you out anyway,” Sunggyu insisted.

“Are you sure?” she asked and he nodded eagerly. “All right,” she chuckled.

 

MinYoung got herself a cheese bagel while Sunggyu chose the ham and egg sandwich. By the counter, Sunggyu ordered two hot cocoas to go with their food and paid for the meal. MinYoung left him by the counter as she reserved a table for the both of them by the window.

 

“There we go,” Sunggyu mumbled as he carefully set down the tray on the table. MinYoung helped him settle.

 

“So what is our agenda for today, oppa?” MinYoung teased after sipping her hot cocoa.

Sunggyu’s ears began to turn into a light shade of pink which made MinYoung giggle. “What?” he asked.

 

“I never knew you could be the cute type,” MinYoung giggled even more.

He then raised an eyebrow at her, “So you think I can’t be cute?” he even pouted making MinYoung laugh.

 

“All right. I’ll stop,” Sunggyu pretended to be annoyed and sipped his drink.

MinYoung covered her lips with a napkin, “I’m sorry, oppa~ I just couldn’t imagine you being cute and all~ do you do this often with your members?” she asked as she stifled her laughter.

 

Sunggyu just shook his head, not meeting her eyes.

“I wonder how the others would react when they find out that the Kim Sunggyu knows how to act cute,” MinYoung smirked as she took out her phone from her pocket.

 

Sunggyu’s eyes widened in terror, “Don’t tell them, please!” She blinked at him.

“I wasn’t going to. I was going to text HaRin and tell her I’ll just see her at the apartment,” she explained, a smile forming in her lips.

 

“You caught me right there,” he let out a nervous laugh.

“Why won’t you let the other know about the ‘cute’ Kim Sunggyu?” she asked in curiosity.

Sunggyu placed his drink on the table, “I’m the ‘leader’ Kim Sunggyu~”

 

MinYoung didn’t push the topic further. However, that didn’t make Sunggyu stop from asking tons of questions to her and they both began to exchange questions about their personal lives. MinYoung got to know Sunggyu beyond INFINITE and he got a glimpse of who she really is; except for one minor thing.

 

While they chatted, they didn’t notice the time and it was already dark outside.

 

“Oh wow, it’s already late~” MinYoung averred as she checked her watch.

Sunggyu stood up, “Come on, let’s get you home.” MinYoung got her bag, her fingers curled on its strap.

 

“It’s just a ten minutes walk from here already. I can manage,” she told him.

“I’ll walk you home. It’s already dark,” he pointed out.

 

MinYoung looked outside and indeed, it was dead dark. Although there were still walking around, she knew she’d be much comfortable if somebody accompanied her.

 

“All right. Let’s get going so you could go back to your dorm soon,” she agreed and made her way out, Sunggyu holding the door open for her.

 

A what supposed to be a ten minutes work turned into twenty minutes as the pair walked slowly, still sharing about each others’ lives.

 

“I don’t get it,” Sunggyu began as he kicked a rock on the pavement. “Why did you leave the theater?”

“Huh?” MinYoung’s voice came into a whisper as she stopped in her tracks. Sunggyu, too, stopped and looked at her with his hands balled in his pockets.

 

“You talk like the theater has been your home ever since you step foot on stage but you never mentioned why you left,” he pointed out.

“I--”

“I mean, there’s got to be a reason behind it, right?” he cut in.

 

Unwanted images began to flash in MinYoung’s mind. At that moment, she wanted to disappear, find an escape; she wasn’t prepared to answer his question.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”

 

At the sound of his voice, MinYoung blinked, bringing her back to reality while the images in her head faded.

“What?” she blankly stared at Sunggyu.

“You look pale,” his eyebrows furrowed. Sunggyu placed his hand on her forehead but she stepped back and pried his hand away.

 

“I’m fine. Uhm~ I really have to go now,” she excused herself. She walked forward and Sunggyu followed from behind. MinYoung then noticed that she was a few steps away from her apartment.

 

MinYoung turned around which made Sunggyu stop, “I’m here~” she pointed at her back.

“You live alone?” he asked as he stared at the dark apartment.

“No, I live with my best friend, HaRin. I guess she’s having a late rehearsal,” MinYoung shrugged her shoulders.

“Ohh. All right,” he awkwardly scratched the back of his head, not knowing how to say goodbye.

 

“Thanks for the hot cocoa, oppa. I’ll treat you some other time,” MinYoung put on a friendly smile. “You guys will have to work hard though to get that treat,” she added jokingly.

 

Sunggyu smiled but was secretly laughing, knowing that the others has a plan for their bet, “We’ll see~”

 

“We’ll definitely see. I better get in now,” MinYoung made a small wave as she took a few steps backwards.

 

“MinYoung-ah!” Sunggyu called when MinYoung unlocked her door.

“Yeah?”

 

“Let’s grab another hot cocoa some other day~” he offered.

MinYoung laughed, “Are you asking me out again?” she teasingly asked.

 

Her question caught Sunggyu off guard, “She knew the whole time?” he thought to himself.

 

“Uhh~ just… just friends… hanging out,” he stammered.

 

MinYoung let out a genuine smile, “A friendly date sounds good to me.”

 

Sunggyu’s eyes disappeared, “All right. Have a good night’s rest, MinYoung-ah~”

“You, too, oppa,” MinYoung waved goodbye before entering her apartment.

 

Sunggyu walked away happily. Once he stepped inside the dorm, his friends came out from their rooms. Sunggyu didn’t give them a greeting but he just smiled at them and entered his room. Everyone grinned and exchanged looks.

 

Sungyeol leaned on the door frame, L and Dongwoo behind him, “How was your ‘friendly date’, hyung?”

 

Sunggyu came out of the room with a grin, “I got myself another ‘friendly date’ with her,” and then he disappeared into the bathroom.

 

INFINITE exchanged high fives and fist bumps knowing how their hyung was progressing.

 

~●♥●~

Hello dearest readers! Please forgive me once again for not putting up the update for the longest time :)) anyway~ tell me what you guys think, okay? Feel free to subscribe and leave some love below. Bye!! :D