An Old Friend

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

낮과밤 – She’z

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-yJgyw_dg

~●♥●~

 

That day was INFINITE’s first performance at Music Bank. It was almost time before the boys were about to record their performance and MinYoung started to prepare for her date with Sunggyu.

 

MinYoung had no idea what they would be doing that night so she dressed up in something simple but nice. Given the time that she spent at Woollim, she forgot to ask Sunggyu of what he wanted to do.

 

“We’ll figure out something,” she said to herself as she faced her full-length mirror, fixing her ribbon on her head. MinYoung turned the ribbon, keeping the knot behind her hair, making it look like she had a head band on.

 

MinYoung glanced at the clock and thought of going to Music Bank earlier to catch the boys perform live for their fans. She took a cab to KBS and found a throng of fans gathered outside the building with their fans signs.

 

She paid the driver and got off the taxi. MinYoung presented her ID and the guards let her in. Before the doors closed, she could hear several girls groan at her entrance. Everyone was aching to get inside and MinYoung seemed less like an employee.

 

MinYoung walked through the corridors before finding herself inside an elevator. Once she got off the lift, she easily spotted INFINITE’s dressing room. She softly knocked on the door and Woohyun was the one who opened.

 

“MinYoungie!!” Woohyun greeted enthusiastically.

She shyly smiled, “Hi, oppa.”

 

“Oh. I didn’t know we’re going on a date,” he said as he eyed her. It was the first time he saw her all dressed up. “You look really pretty. Where are we going after our performance?”

“I--”

 

“She’s not going on a date with you, stupid,” Sunggyu interrupted her. He opened the door wider and smiled when he saw MinYoung fidgeting. “Wow, you look amazing~” he added.

“Thank you, oppa,” she blushed. Sunggyu and Woohyun stepped aside to let MinYoung in and the boys gaping at her.

 

“You look different. This is weird,” Sungyeol told her. “I hope you’re not replacing your baggy pants and loose tops for those kinds of clothes during practices.”

MinYoung slapped his arm, “Of course not! Would you expect me to dance wildly in these?”

“I was just making sure! You didn’t have to hurt me!” Sungyeol rubbed his sore arm.

 

“Don’t mind him, noona. He’s got no passion for fashion,” Sungjong stepped in, waving his hyung off.

“Aish! This punk,” Sungyeol threatened the maknae who just stuck his tongue at him.

Sungjong turned his attention to MinYoung, “Where are you going, noona?”

“And with whom are you going?” Dongwoo cut in.

 

“Would you stop being nosy?” Sunggyu said, standing beside MinYoung.

“We just want to make sure she’s perfectly safe,” Dongwoo told him.

Sunggyu raised his chin, “Well, you don’t have to worry because she’s going out with me.”

 

The boys, except for Hoya, blinked at their leader.

 

“You guys are seriously going on a date tonight?” Sungyeol asked, being the first to recover.

Sunggyu and MinYoung nodded.

“FINALLY!!!” they all cheered together.

“So Sunggyu hyung finally asked you out?” Dongwoo asked MinYoung.

She slowly shook her head, “Actually,” she scratched her ear, and “I was the one who asked him out.”

 

Sungyeol chuckled, “What’s this I’m hearing?”

“Why?” Woohyun blinked.

“This is weird. A girl asked hyung on a date. A girl,” Dongwoo shook his head.

“Isn’t that supposed to be the other way around?” L turned to Sungjong and asked while the latter just shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Give it a rest, guys. They’ve got their own reasons,” Hoya finally spoke. Everyone turned their attention to him and found him sitting on a couch, his eyes glued on his phone.

Sungyeol eyed him, “You know something that I don’t.”

 

“Five minutes!” one of the crews stuck their head inside the dressing room and shouted before shutting the door.

 

“I’ll see you after this,” Sunggyu smiled warmly at MinYoung.

“Good luck, oppa!” MinYoung cheered when the boys went out, the younger ones still pestering on Sunggyu.

 

Sungyeol returned back to the room, “You’ve got a lot of explaining to do,” and he disappeared once again.

 

Inside the room, MinYoung could hear the fans shout, signaling that INFINITE was back on stage. The first notes of the song began to play and she decided to go out to watch them perform. MinYoung was rummaging through her purse as she walked out when suddenly she bumped into something. Rather, to someone.

 

When she looked up, her eyes widened as she recognized her old friend and a great colleague that she once worked with at the theater.

 

“OPPA!!!” she shrieked and jumped at the person for a big hug. MinYoung’s friend was delighted as well to find her that he twirled her around while they hugged.

 

“What in the world are you doing here?!” he asked when he set her on her feet.

MinYoung waved him off, “Long story, oppa.”

 

“I’ve got time. Talk to me,” he said.

 

Right then and there, MinYoung and her friend began to chat.

 

~●♥●~