Up Until Here

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

… – Orange Caramel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTMAN51dqLE

~●♥●~

 

MinYoung entered her apartment and found HaRin by the couch with Joongjin while they watched some sort of drama. She purposely rattled her keys on a table to let her friends know she has arrived. However, the younger ones showed no movements at all.

 

“Aigoo, these kids,” MinYoung muttered as she shook her head. She approached the couch and sat between HaRin and Joongjin.

 

MinYoung took the bucket of popcorn from the coffee table which was left forgotten while she tried to catch up with what’s happening in the drama. The leading man was on his knees crying while he held a girl whose white dress was already drenched in blood. Joongjin and HaRin let out soft sniffles. MinYoung took the tissue box in front of her and offered it to her friends.

 

“So that’s why I’m being ignored~” MinYoung thought as she ate some popcorn and continued to watch.

 

While the guy tried to call in for some help, Joongjin briefly averted his eyes from th TV and glanced at MinYoung and then did a double take. He suddenly cupped MinYoung’ chin and had her face him and then moving it to make her face forward.

 

MinYoung’s eyes were wide as she doesn’t know what her friend was doing.

 

“What’s wrong?” MinYoung asked while Joongjin still held her chin and was staring somewhere along her lips.

 

“I don’t know if my eyes are just tired from watching the drama or your lips are actually puffier than it should be,” Joongjin said as he continued to scrutinize MinYoung’s lips. Joongjin’s words made HaRin shift her attention to her friends.

 

MinYoung furrowed her eyebrows as she took Joongjin’s hand away from her chin, “What are you talking about?”

 

“Did your date go well?” Joongjin smirked. HaRin finally pressed pause.

MinYoung scoffed, “I’ve been ignored for the past 15 minutes and now you can’t give your noona a proper greeting?”

 

“We’re sorry, unnie. The drama was just too good~” HaRin apologized.

“So, something good happened, huh?” Joongjin guessed.

MinYoung sarcastically laughed, “How would you know? And why are you here? Shouldn’t you be at your parents’ house tonight?” she crossed her arms.

 

“HaRin noona told me that you’re going on a date with Sunggyu hyung tonight so I figured that noona needed some company tonight,” he shrugged his shoulders. “And that I’ll get some juicy stuff as well,” he added, rubbing his palms together in excitement.

“Juicy stuff?” HaRin asked.

Joongjin nodded, “By the looks of her puffy lips, she’s been making out with hyung.”

 

MinYoung turned red.

 

“Oh my gosh, unnie! So it is true!” HaRin gasped.

“Y-yah, Joongjin-ah, what makes you think I w-was m-making out with him?” MinYoung stammered.

 

“I told you, your lips are puffier and they are until now,” Joongjin answered.

HaRin inched forward to have a good look of her friend’s lips.

 

“Unnie!! Tell us what happened!!” HaRin demanded.

 

-

-

-

 

“Let me get this straight,” HaRin shifted in her seat for a comfortable position. “You’re telling me that you guys are in a relationship but not in an actual relationship?”

MinYoung slowly nodded, “that sort of kind, yes.”

 

Joongjin sat back, “Wow. You guys are unbelievable. Doesn’t that make your lives complicated?”

“Why complicate it when you can just do it in a simpler way?” MinYoung asked.

“No strings attached? Tell me what’s simple with that,” HaRin demanded.

“Casual,” MinYoung simply answered.

 

“You guys just go out, connect, get intimate and have fun but feelings are shut down; that kind of casual?” Joongjin asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Look. We know what we’ve gotten ourselves into. I know what I’ve agreed upon with him. I enjoy his company and that’s it,” MinYoung explained.

 

HaRin tilted her head to the side, “But do you really think he’s on the same level of thinking as you? Does he perfectly understand the agreement?”

“Crystal clear,” she answered. “He knows we’re up until here,” MinYoung added as she drew an imaginary line in front of her. HaRin and Joongjin mimicked her movement.

 

“Well, if everything’s crystal then its crystal,” Joongjin shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Sunggyu oppa really likes you, you know?” HaRin said softly.

MinYoung wanted to laugh, “Have you been getting that from Hoya oppa?” HaRin turned pink.

“I-It doesn’t matter!” HaRin snapped which surprised MinYoung. “Sorry for that. Look, I just hope everything’s clear with him. The guy likes you and with this kind of set-up, it wouldn’t be hard for him to fall for you,” she said.

 

“That won’t happen,” MinYoung shook her head to dismiss her.

“But what if it does?” HaRin argued. “What if one day he tells you that he has fallen in love with you? Will you be able to give him back something?” HaRin asked seriously. MinYoung bit her lip in thought.

 

“This set-up is what he wanted and we both agreed that nothing more is and will be expected,” MinYoung answered. Then, she sighed, “And I just want to let loose and have fun. I’m not sure but he could help me move on from the past that’s still haunting me.”

 

HaRin looked though her friend’s eyes and saw something different to it; something different that she once saw before MinYoung left the theater.

 

“Maybe its Sunggyu oppa that she actually needs,” HaRin thought.

 

“You’re right. I’m sorry; I was just concerned about this ‘unique’ relationship you’ve gotten yourself into,” HaRin said.

MinYoung softly smiled after knowing her friend’s intention, “Thanks dongsaeng. I’ve got this. Swear~” she patter her friend’s knee.

 

“Well, if this conversation is done, can we go back to the drama?” Joongjin asked. “I’m betting that the girl will die.”

 

“No way! She can’t possibly die!~” HaRin protested. MinYoung had to laugh.

 

~●♥●~