An Inconvenience

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

AN INCOVENIENCE

 

~●♥●~

 

Practice ended at two in the morning. INFINITE didn’t want to leave the studio without polishing and perfecting the dance but MinYoung insisted that they go home and rest before anyone gets admitted into the hospital for over fatigue.

 

MinYoung bid everyone a goodbye and was already by the door, texting her dongsaeng that she was on her way home when someone slung an arm around her shoulders.

 

“You know what?” MinYoung looked up and saw Woohyun in a new shirt.

 

“You’re not really merciless. A little bit maybe but our past trainers were worse,” Woohyun grimaced as he remembered those people.

MinYoung smacked his stomach making him groan, “Be thankful oppa. If not for them, you wouldn’t be standing were you are at right now.”

 

“Has Sunggyu hyung been influencing you?! You even hit me!” Woohyun pretended to cry but all he earned was a laugh from MinYoung.

 

“Grow up, oppa~”

 

“Yeah, hyung. Grow up,” L spoke from behind. MinYoung and Woohyun turned around and found everyone standing there with their bags. Dongwoo’s blank expression caught MinYoung’s attention.

 

“Is he alright?” MinYoung questioned, pointing at Dongwoo who was at the back.

Sungjong grinned, “Don’t worry about him, noona. He’s perfectly fine.”

 

“I want my bed. I want my pillows,” Dongwoo muttered over and over again, not changing his expression.

“See?” Sungjong looked at MinYoung with an assuring smile. She uneasily looked at Dongwoo.

 

“Are you on your way home?” Hoya asked. MinYoung nodded.

Woohyun perked up, “Do you want to ride home with us?”

“My apartment is out of your way,” she politely declined. “I’ll just grab a cab.”

 

Sungyeol looked at his watch, “At this time, I doubt you’ll get any cabs.”

L lightly pushed Sunggyu forward. Sungyeol and Sungjong stepped aside to let Sunggyu in between them.

 

“I’ll keep you company,” Sunggyu offered.

“Yeah, I’ll come with~” Woohyun brightened but was pulled by his dongsaengdeul.

 

“From what we remember, we gave Sunggyu hyung. Not you,” Sungyeol reminded his hyung. With the help of Sungjong and L, Woohyun was pushed back to where Dongwoo was standing.

 

“You don’t have to,” MinYoung waved her hands in front of her. “I can manage.”

“It’s already past two in the morning. You shouldn’t be coming home this late but you did because of us. The least thing that you could do is allow me to take you home,” Sunggyu told MinYoung which didn’t only surprise her but s as well.

 

MinYoung uneasily looked at the others and they were nodding their heads in approval; all except for Dongwoo whose soul seemed to have left his body.

 

“Just listen to hyung, noona,” L gave a small smile.

“It’ll make us feel better if you get home safely. At least not one of us will be bothered tonight thinking if you got home safely or not,” Sungyeol added.

 

“And we don’t want to get news in the morning that you got into an accident or worse, be by mean guys,” Woohyun verbalized.

 

MinYoung’s eyes became wide in fear which surprised the boys. The least thing that MinYoung wanted was to be touched by a stranger. She may look tough but in times of difficulty, her mind goes blank and doesn’t know what to do.

 

“I’ll take Sunggyu oppa’s offer then,” MinYoung smiled cheekily, giving in to Sunggyu’s offer.

“Really?” Sunggyu chirped, surprising everyone. “Sorry,” he cleared his throat.

 

“Someone seems ecstatic,” Sungjong sarcastically noted. Sunggyu immediately darted his eyes towards the maknae and if he could, he could have made a whole on his forehead by the way Sunggyu was glaring at him.

 

“All right. Let’s get going before someone’s head explodes,” MinYoung said as he pulled Sunggyu away from the group.

“We’re having a late dinner. We’ll text you where!” Sungyeol shouted at Sunggyu and waved. MinYoung waved back while Sunggyu just gave him a nod.

 

-

-

-

 

Sunggyu and MinYoung walked silently by the curb. MinYoung told Sunggyu that when she sees a cab, she’ll get on so he could catch up with the others. It was really dark and not a single cab passed by. Sunggyu decided to walk MinYoung all the way to her apartment.

 

When they turned to a corner, MinYoung made a halt at the figure in front of her. Sunggyu also stopped in his tracks and followed her gaze: there was a drunken guy clumsily walking towards them.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Sunggyu asked MinYoung. She looked up to him with fear in her eyes but she fervently shook her head at him and faced forward. She began to slowly walk ahead and Sunggyu followed from behind.

 

MinYoung started to slow down to a stop when they neared the drunken guy. The stranger noticed MinYoung looking at him and he nastily smirked at her. Surprised at how the guy was looking at her, she looked away with wide eyes and tried to walk normally.

 

“Hey there~”


The drunken guy was about to reach for her arm. MinYoung closed her eyes in fear but she didn’t feel anyone touching her.

 

“Keep your dirty hands to yourself.”

 

MinYoung opened one eye and slowly turned her head. She saw Sunggyu’s firm grip on the stranger’s arm.

 

“She’s not for you to touch,” he told the guy, his eyes were in dangerous slits.

“Who the hell are you?” the stranger asked, his words slurring.

 

“I’m her boyfriend. Got a problem with that?” he said, gritting his teeth. Sunggyu released his grip from the drunken guy, shoving him away. “Now get your out of here.”

 

“Psh,” the stranger ignored Sunggyu’s remark at him and warily looked at MinYoung. She shrunk back at how the guy was looking at her. Sunggyu grew irritated. He didn’t want to pick a fight on the guy so he slung his arm around MinYoung’s shoulders.

 

“Let’s go, babe,” he said out loud for the guy to hear. MinYoung didn’t argue or protest. She knew it was best to keep shut at that moment.

 

MinYoung’s knees trembled as they walked away from the drunken guy. Her whole body would’ve trembled and she could have collapsed on the pavement if she didn’t grip on Sunggyu’s coat for support.

 

“Hey, it’s okay,” Sunggyu whispered as he squeezed MinYoung’s shoulders.

“Is he still there?” MinYoung asked in a soft whisper. Sunggyu carefully looked back and saw that the drunken guy was no longer in sight.

 

“He’s gone,” he told her.

 

“I can let go now but if I do, I think my knees will fail on me,” she said, her voice trembling in fright.

“You can hold on,” he told her. MinYoung nodded.

 

“Come on, let’s get you home,” he ushered her as they carefully walked their way to her apartment.

 

~●♥●~