A Little Glimpse of the Past

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

일주일째 – Able

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVbV6xilcrM

~●♥●~

 

Sunggyu started to warm-up and stretched out his limbs. He stood in the middle of the studio facing the mirror while the other members went on with their own routines.

 

Last night, Sunggyu had a hard time getting to sleep. He couldn’t believe that MinYoung turned him down. After having another heart-to-heart conversation with his friends, he began to realize that maybe they were right: maybe he had to be a friend to her. For now. He doesn’t have a problem with that kind of relationship.

 

“That means I could still be close to her,” he thought, assuring himself.

 

Suddenly, MinYoung came in to the studio, breaking Sunggyu’s thoughts.

 

“Good morning~” MinYoung casually greeted everyone and they greeted back. Sunggyu and MinYoung met eyes through their reflection on the mirror. Sunggyu raised his hand and MinYoung gave a nod.

 

“You guys should better start rehearsing. You’ve got two days left,” MinYoung told everyone. She placed down her bag on the floor and sipped on her hot cocoa that she has on her hand.

 

“Please take care of it, Sunggyu oppa,” MinYoung called out. Sunggyu nodded. He clapped his hands to gather everyone into their positions and ran over to the player. MinYoung moved to the exit.

 

“Where are you going?” Woohyun asked.

MinYoung softly smiled, “Mr. Lee wants to see me.”

 

Without waiting for the others to ask, MinYoung left without saying more.

 

That morning, Mr. Lee’s secretary called for MinYoung to come to the office to discuss something about INFINITE. MinYoung went on the elevator and pressed the top button. Arriving at the top floor, the secretary greeted her.

 

“Good morning, Ms. Shin. Mr. Lee has been expecting you.”

 

The secretary led MinYoung to Mr. Lee’s office. She opened the door and MinYoung slipped pass her. Mr. Lee looked up from his desk and a satisfying smile appeared from his face.

“Good morning, Mr. Lee,” MinYoung bowed. Mr. Lee ushered her to come in and take a seat in front of him.

 

“I had you called today because I want to praise you for your hard work and patience,” Mr. Lee said, placing his clasped hands on his desk.

 

MinYoung shyly bowed her head, “Thank you, Mr. Lee. The boys are hard workers as well.”

 

Mr. Lee nodded, “I wanted to actually check up on you. I haven’t been visiting you and INFINITE for quite some time. Your former director, Chungho called in two days ago asking how you are doing.”

 

MinYoung’s heart began to ache at the mention of her director’s name. Park Chungho was one of her father’s good friends. After the death of her parents, Chungho stood as MinYoung guardian. Living under the same roof before she became an adult, she was surrounded mostly by thick papers which happen to be scripts for Chungho’s plays. MinYoung has seen Chungho succeed in his field.

 

Once, he saw MinYoung reading one of the scripts that he has at home. Her expression was beyond believable and he had the instinct that MinYoung should be casted. Chungho talked to her about joining his play as a minor cast. She was unsure at first but she came with Chungho to the theater and MinYoung fell in love with the stage. From then on, she decided to be part of the cast.

 

From being part of the minor cast, she started receiving bigger roles and even landing a spot as the lead character a few times. During this time, she met HaRin and Joongjin. When Chungho started to direct musicals rather than just plays, MinYoung got the lead role.

 

“No one owns this theater aside from us. No one owns this stage aside from you. People come here just to watch. You, on the other hand, are here to perform. However, if you’re here to perform to satisfy the audience, then its better if you leave; but if you’re here to perform to satisfy yourselves first, then I suggest you stay.”

 

Chungho’s words were still clear as crystal in MinYoung’s ears. He was the reason why she found her passion. He was also the reason why she grew up properly even if her parents had died; he somehow stood as her second parent. MinYoung practically owe Chungho a lot and she knew that leaving his theater broke him.

 

“Please tell my uncle to forgive me for not even calling him once,” MinYoung said, her voice shaky. “I can’t bear to hear him beg me to come back to the theater. What happened before is still haunting me.”

 

“I understand,” Mr. Lee nodded. “You’re welcome to stay here. Chungho’s a good friend of mine. I know he would want you to come back to the theater and join your friends but I’m sure he wants you safe.”

 

“Thank you, Mr. Lee.”

 

“Just tell me if you’re planning to leave in advance,” Mr. Lee joked.

 

MinYoung somehow laughed, “That won’t be happening anytime soon. Mr. Lee. Uncle Chungho taught me to stay if it satisfies me and so far, being able to share something that I love with INFINITE is satisfying.”

 

“I’m glad,” Mr. Lee let out a low chuckle. “Chungho raised you well.”

 

MinYoung then stood up from her seat, “It was a nice chatting with you, Mr. Lee. But I believe I should get back to the studio. INFINITE’s comeback is in two days.”

 

“All right. Run along then,” Mr. Lee said. “Bring them to the top, MinYoung. We trust you.”

 

“Don’t worry, Mr. Lee. They’re already at the top.”

 

After MinYoung left, Mr. Lee picked up his phone and called Chungho. His friend picked up after three rings.

 

“She’s fine. I guess better than the way you described her before. I don’t think she’s planning on coming back to the theater anytime soon.”

 

Mr. Lee listened intently at his friend while he talked on the other end of the line.

 

“If you want her back, why can’t you just kick Jinho out of the theater?”

 

~●♥●~