Not My Story To Tell

LOVE Is Just A Four Letter Word

곁에만 있어 (Best Place) - SHINee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOns_tsirNM

~●♥●~

 

It was back to work day and this time, INFINITE was at the dance studio, polishing their moves to perfection and tried to move in synchronized like they always have.

 

“Let’s take it back to Woohyun’s part,” Sunggyu ordered after they finished dancing for the nth time.

 

Everyone wiped their sweats away as they waited for Sungjong to put the song back to where Sunggyu said.

 

Since the group’s training and learning the choreography was done, MinYoung had a light obligation to come to Woollim. She could come whenever she felt like it or when she is called.

 

After a tiring day with INFINITE, MinYoung decided to get up late. Joongjin had to leave the apartment since his mom called in for him and HaRin was doing the same thing as her unnie. It was past ten in the morning when MinYoung decided to get up. She went to the bathroom to wash up before cooking brunch for her and her best friend.

 

“That smells amazing, unnie~” HaRin came out of her room, her hair still disheveled and her eyes still closed.

MinYoung chuckled, “Go wash up, dongsaeng.”

 

HaRin obeyed and found her way to the bathroom. She came out, fresh faced and her hair is in a high ponytail just like MinYoung. They stopped when they realized that they looked similar from head to toe. After staring at each other, they both shrugged their shoulders. Dressing up similarly without planning about it, no longer surprised them.

 

“Want to come with me at Woollim today?” MinYoung asked while they ate.

HaRin’s eyes rounded, “You will?”

“Well, why not?” MinYoung asked.

“Wouldn’t you be busy teaching them? I’ll be left out. I don’t want to sit all day watching you work,” HaRin grimaced.

MinYoung shook her head, “I won’t be teaching. I’ll just be there watching them. As this moment, I don’t actually have any obligations with them or whatsoever. I’ll be sitting with you all day.”

 

“Okay,” HaRin agreed nonchalantly but deep down, she was excited to see INFINITE practice.

Before the clock hit twelve, MinYoung was waiting for HaRin by the door. MinYoung wanted to make into the building after the group’s lunch break; just in time for their afternoon practice.

 

“I’m here!” HaRin was scrambling towards the door with her sneakers on hand.

“Aigoo, dongsaeng~ wear your shoes first before we head out,” MinYoung told her friend as she opened the door. HaRin hurriedly put on her shoes and tied it. She locked the door and tossed the keys to MinYoung.

 

“Why are you in a hurry?” MinYoung asked as they started to walk away from their apartment.

“N-nothing,” HaRin shook her head and avoided her unnie’s stare.

 

“Yeah, right, Park HaRin,” MinYoung was smirking. She could hear her friend shouting Hoya’s name in her mind and her heart beating like crazy.

 

“By the way, Hoya oppa may not be there today,” MinYoung casually said as she stuffed her hands in her pockets.

HaRin stopped walking, sad all of a sudden, “what?”

MinYoung laughed, “I was kidding. Of course he’ll be there! They’ll be having their comeback in two weeks!”

“Aish, unnie!” HaRin stomped her feet on the ground while MinYoung continued to walk, laughing.

 

-

-

-

 

As MinYoung and HaRin came out of the elevator on the third floor, they could hear muffled sound of an upbeat music coming from one of the rooms on the floor. MinYoung led the way as HaRin followed her. Her unnie opened the door and the music died down.

 

“Your arm’s too stiff. Just relax~” they heard.

 

“Oh, noona!”

 

Sungjong’s eyes brightened when he saw MinYoung enter the room. INFINITE looked up at the mirror and found MinYoung standing by the door with HaRin.

 

“And you brought company!” Hoya cheered. They turned around to greet MinYoung and HaRin.

“I feel like you’re tired of seeing me, oppa,” MinYoung pretended to look hurt.

Hoya was caught by surprise, “That’s not what I meant, MinYoung!”

MinYoung looked up at him with a mischievous smile, “I know oppa.” Hoya chuckled uncomfortably; MinYoung’s smile was scaring him.

 

“Don’t mind unnie. She’s starting to become hyper. She was playing tricks on me before we got here,” HaRin said, waving her unnie off.

 

“What kind of tricks?” Sungjong asked immediately which surprised HaRin.

She blinked, “She was playing a prank on me.”

“She can play pranks?” Sungyeol asked with such interest. HaRin nodded.

“What prank did she play on you?” Woohyun asked. HaRin was starting to turn pink. MinYoung found it interesting.

 

“Yeah, what kind of prank did I play on you, dongsaeng?” MinYoung crossed her arms, a smile forming on her lips.

HaRin her lips as it started to feel dry, “It’s none of anyone’s interest, actually,” she said slowly. MinYoung wanted to laugh but she covered . HaRin then glared at her best friend.

 

“You can do pranks?! Why didn’t you tell me?” Sungyeol asked, turning to MinYoung with his hands on his waist.

“Well you didn’t ask,” MinYoung nonchalantly answered.

Sungyeol crossed his arms and tapped his forefinger on his chin, “We should partner up. You’re my partner in crime from now on. I’ve got the greatest pranks in mind and I’m going to share it only with you.”

 

“No fair! I want to join, too!” Woohyun stomped his foot.

“Yeah, you can’t,” Sungyeol waved him away.

 

-

-

-

 

Sungyeol and Woohyun were having a pointless argument so MinYoung instructed them to work on their dance and vocal trainings altogether. HaRin and MinYoung watched the boys work.

 

“Can we go for a ten minutes break?!” Sungjong and Sungyeol asked at the same time once their song ended. MinYoung nodded and stood up, leaving HaRin behind for a moment.

 

“Myungsoo-yah~ I’d like to work something for you,” MinYoung said as she approached L while the others rested. Hoya went to HaRin.

 

“That was really good,” HaRin remarked.

Hoya chuckled, “Thanks~ well, if not for MinYoung then it wouldn’t be this great.”

“You can trust anything to unnie,” she bragged.

“I could see that,” he nodded approvingly. Then it occurred to him about the topic; he could get something from HaRin to help his hyung.

Hoya immediately turned his body towards HaRin, “Can I ask you something?”

HaRin’s heart began to race, “What’s that?”

“Does MinYoung tell you anything about work?” he asked.

HaRin chuckled, “She tells me everything.

 

Hoya’s eyes twinkled. He leaned in to whisper, “Does she mention anything about liking someone at work or mentions anything about Sunggyu hyung, specifically?”

 

HaRin chuckled knowing where Hoya was going, “She talks about work nonstop. That girl just doesn’t know where to stop; probably because of her upbringing in life. About liking someone at work, I think that’s inevitable but yeah, she mentions Sunggyu-ssi. A lot.

 

“Then she must like him, right?” he guessed.

HaRin slowly shook her head, “I don’t know. I mean, she hasn’t confessed to me or anything but she is a fan of him.”

Hoya frowned, “I’m not getting what I need from your answer.”

 

HaRin laughed, “Well I can’t give you anything. I know what your motive is Hoya-ssi but I can’t just lay everything for you. I can’t have you running off to your members and tell them what I told you.”

“But why not? Don’t you find the both of them a good pair?” he pouted. “And that’s ‘Hoya oppa’ by the way.”

 

HaRin blinked, “Oppa?”

“The formality’s bothering me since we’ve met more than twice and it seems like we’ll be meeting more since you’re friends with MinYoung and she’s working here,” Hoya briefly explained. “So don’t you find them a good pair?!” HaRin laughed.

 

“I do but unnie’s been through a lot lately and even if I’m her dongsaeng, I need to protect her right now,” she told him.

“She’s been through a lot? What happened?” he inquired.

 

HaRin shook her head, “I can’t tell you. It’s not my story to tell.” Hoya just stared at her, trying to understand the situation.

 

“You’ll eventually know what it is but for the mean time, I want to know if we can trust you guys. If unnie can trust all of you,” she said seriously.

Hoya was surprised by HaRin’s seriousness, “Of course. Don’t we look trustworthy?”

 

“You guys seem to look like one,” then she gave a smile that made Hoya stop breathing, “I was just making sure.”

 

“Hoya oppa.”

 

Hoya and HaRin both looked up at the same time and found MinYoung standing in front of them.

 

“The group’s been waiting for you to start,” she jabbed her thumb over her shoulder; INFINITE was already in their position and waiting for Hoya.

 

“I’ll talk to you later,” Hoya told HaRin.

 

“Go ahead, oppa,” she told him. MinYoung took Hoya’s seat and carefully stared at HaRin.

 

“What?” her dongsaeng asked innocently.

“You tell me. What were you guys talking about?” MinYoung asked, her eyes were torturing HaRin.

 

“Stop being nosy, unnie,” HaRin looked away. MinYoung frowned.

 

~●♥●~