Expressing fondness

My secret (내 비밀)

Another ramen meal for breakfast was bought in that convenience store near your apartment but you couldn't do anything about it because you don't know anything about cooking at all.

School was hard with Jongin having the time of his life tripping you whenever he can but despite of his actions, you did your best to ignore him. People like him likes attention and you refused to give him what he wanted. You've met several people like him in those business events your parents attended in the past. There, rich brats like Kim Jongin are scattered and would always do a show for attention and would go berserk if they don't get their way.

You learnt how to deal with them and you knew, that just like them, Kim Jongin would get tired if you keep ignoring him.

 

It would be okay if it was only Kim Jonging you have to deal with but that wasn't the case. Being Jongin's means being the whole school's. And when Jongin's not around, you had to suffer your classmate's playfulness and sometimes, your books and notebooks would too. You remembered buying 10 notebooks, one for each subject and an extra just in case your notes would get full but in your thrid week of school, ten became five, and now, you have to fit all nine subjects in those notebooks. You stopped using the lockers too, not wanting to clean the trash stacked inside it every morning.

It was all verbal abuse and her things would suffer but no one dare to hurt her physically except for Jongin. Jongin would pull your hair out of nowhere and would sit on your table while you're trying to re-write notes.

You were getting used to it already that it started to not bother you anymore until it caught some girl’s attention.

 

"Don't you think Jongin enjoys bullying that beggar too much?" Minah said to her friend JungSoo who was watching Jongin pull your hair from the back where he was sitting on the table, smiling a bit whenever you let out a small yelp. It was true. Jongin has been bullying you but he won't hurt you seriously. It was almost like, he's just demanding your attention and this triggered something inside the female students.

JungSoo glared at you in jealousy. *How dare you seduce my Jongin, you beggar?!*

 

There's no doubt that Kim Jongin is the kingka of the school. He's cold with everyone especially with you. But seeing you suffer is the only thing that makes him smile.

 

"How dare that beggar get close to Jongin oppa?" JungSoo said glaring at you as she curled her fingers with anger.

"Why don’t we have fun with her too?" Minah suggested with an evil smile and JungSoo understood her friend's smile.

"You're a genius, Minah-ya."

 

 

Jongin won't let you study so you went for a walk until it was time to go back to class. And there he was again. That Jongin just won’t let you live in peace. He never stopped kicking your table or taking your homework and copy it too. You just bit your tongue througout the class and left quickly missing the small pout on Jongin's face when he failed to trip you for the last time.

 

Jongin hated being ignored so he followed you and made sure to succeed this time and he did. You were making your way to the gates when Jongin pushed you to the floor making you yelp. 

JungSoo and Minah saw it and looked at each other with a smile before walking towards you and Jongin.

 

Tired and annoyed by the brats, you silently picked you things up as Jongin watched you almost fondly when saw shadows covering you making you look up and see 2 of your classmates laughing at you. You knew what they want so you hurriedly gathered you things until you heard someone talk.

 

"I want to play with Jongin's toy too."

You looked at the girls knowing that you're the one they're talking about but as soon as you tilted your head, you felt a cold splash of liquid in your head all the way to your body.

JungSoo and Minah poured their smoothies on you. You were shocked and humiliated as they all look at you laughing but didn't mind the cold and tried to save your notes from getting wet. No one would let you borrow their notes for sure so you couldn't afford losing them.

 

Jongin too was shocked by the girls' actions and glared at the two. JungSoo and Minah's smiles disappeared once they felt his menacing glare but quickly brushed it off since they're 'friends'.

 

"What's wrong oppa? Can't we play with her? She's fun to play with." Minah asked and put her hand on Jongin's chest. Jongin slapped her hands away though earning a scoff from the girl.

"HAHAHAHA. This beggar is really pathetic." JungSoo said as she dropped the empty plastic cup of smoothie in your head making you flinch.

 

Jongin didn't know what came to him and Jungsoo's collar and pushed her to the wall. The girls gasped as Minah tried to save her friend from death while the other in Jongin's grasps was already crying.

 

"O-oppa. . .W-waegeurae?! It hurts." she said shocked.

"YAH! Let go of her Jongin." Minah demanded and hit Jongin on the arm that did nothing.

 

You were shocked and hurt. You could take the tripping and others copying your assignment but this is just too much. You grabbed your things and ran away from those monsters. You made your way on the roof top and stared at the sky. You just hope you could calm down before it's time to go to work.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, at the hallway...

 

"Don't you dare mess with her. I'm the only one who can bully her. She's MINE!" Jongin shouted at her and let go as he went to look for you leaving the crowd and the two girls in shock.

 

He was fratically searching for you when he saw trails of smoothies all the way to the roof top so he followed it. There, he saw you sitting on the floor as you looked at your broken phone, crying.

 

"Grandpa, why are they so mean to me? Is it because I don’t have money? Am I a bad person? Did I do something wrong? Do I deserve this?" Talking to your phone making it seemed your talking to your grandpa and it make you relax a little. It was hard living alone already and those people were making it worse. You couldn't call your grandpa anymore to ask for advice because of the broken phone so you just decided to talk like someone's listening from the other side.

 

Jongin felt guilty listening to your cries. He didn’t mean to harm you. He just don’t know how to get your attention.

 

"I wanted to call you and ask how have you been, what have you eaten and hear your voice to give me strength to get through what's happening to me right now. But I can't because my phone is broken and I can’t afford to buy one." you cried and hugged the phone close to your chest.

 

Jongin felt himself get eaten by guilt. He wanted to run to you and give you a hug but he couldn't get himself to move. He wasn't even sure if you'd let him touch you.

 

"I miss you grandpa." you said as tears started to flow again, Jongin watching every second of it and felt his heart clench. And before he could register what was happening, he found himself walking towards you.

 

You looked at him in shock and fear; waiting for another hit, hair pulling or a kick but he handed you his handkerchief instead making you gasp. You stopped crying in shock and took the cloth with your shaking hands.

After wiping your tears, you started wiping your stained uniform but Jongin grabbed your bag and your wrist with his free hand before dragging you all the way to the parking lot and got you into the car.

 

"W-where are you taking me?" you asked nervously as he entered the driver's seat not answering your question. You tried to open the door but he locked it and he drove away taking you with him.

 

 

 

 

 

*Where is he taking me?!*