Saint Agustin High School

My secret (내 비밀)

It has been three days since you started to find your basic necessities for the exam but you still haven't found a place to stay. It was getting a little bit difficult but you weren't ready to give up just yet. The cosmetic shop you applied at was happy to have you after all because the owner loves to have pretty faces in her store for publicity and image control of her shop. It gave you the motivation you needed and officially entered the shop and ready to start with the uniform given to you right after the interview.

They weren't surprised at all when an entertainment agency tried to cast you, as soon as you went out of the shop, but knowing your priorities, you politely declined the offer leaving those who saw the happening with their jaws dropped. Like who would decline SM Entertainment's casting, right?

Then, there's still the school applications and scholarships that hasn't called yet and you regretted not having to start earlier.

 

Not wanting to waste any time, you went to hunt for a place to stay as soon as you got accepted for the job. The schools told you they'd call in three days if they're going to accept and today's the said day. You only gave them your mobile number so they could call you whenever they want as you look for a place to stay. Getting accepted in a scholarship will really help you in terms of financial problems.

 

Three hours of endless walking and looking made you feel tired and walked to the nearest park to rest for a minutes when your phone rang. It was an unsaved number so you immediately took the call.

 

"Kwon--" Getting used to your new name was harder than you thought. "Lee Da Ran speaking. Who's this?" 

"Oh. Good morning Ms. Lee Da Ran." A cheerful voice greeted. "We're calling from St. Agustin high school to inform you that you've got the scholarship you applied for.” The woman said and you almost jumped in happiness as you listened to the other line talk. “If you're still interested, you can go and enroll today until tomorrow evening. Please do it as soon as possible because school starts this coming Friday. Thank you." She said and you nodded but realizing that the woman won't see, you responded vocally.

"Nee. Thank you very much. I will go now." you answered happily almost dancing in joy in your way back to the mansion to get the things needed for the enrollment.

 

The way to you new school was easier than the last time you've been there. You remembered the way there and went as fast as you can when you abruptly stopped and turned around, almost catching the body guards and detectives your grandfather hired to look after you. Luckily, your eyes were fixed on the 'for rent' sign board placed in front of an old apartment. And since it was near the school you quickly called the number on the board for further information about the rentable apartment.

 

The prize is good and the apartment is enough for a single person. You decided to take a look at the apartment and luckily, the owner was just living downstairs of that apartment. The lady was surprised to see you in front of the building just as soon as she ended the phone call but let you see the room anyways.

It was a bit old but it has basic appliances like fridge, bed, TV and dining table. It has 1 bed room, washroom and kitchen with the dinning room. It was also dirty but with a little cleaning, repainting and decoration will do the job. The water, gas and electricity were in good shape so you took the opportunity to take the apartment.

 

Contracts and formalities weren't needed because the apartment was old enough for anyone to live in so it was easier for you to get it. The owner gave you her back account number and you happily took it, thanking her and telling her that you will move as soon as possible after you have deposited the money for the first three months of rent.

Then, after settling with the landlady, you hurriedly went to the school and enroll. The school almost didn't let you pay for anything except for the uniform that cost 300,000 won. It took a lot of toll in your budget but it was needed. The school happily took you in after seeing your test results for the scholarship. Nine subjects with 100 questions each, were done excellently with an average of 99% overall. They'll be crazy if they didn't take you in.

Then, the other schools called you shortly but you politely declined and told them that you have already enrolled.

After that long day, you went back to the mansion and told your grandpa what you've been through the whole day and the old man, despite of being already updated about your situation still listened and acted surprised whenever you told him about the schools calling you and the apartment. He was a bit sad about the worn out apartment you chose but kept quiet about it knowing that his granddaughter was doing all she can.

 

You both ate supper together and you slept early again because you were planning on painting your new apartment tomorrow and finish moving in before school and work starts.

Morning approached and you quickly went to the store to buy paint and materials you'll need for the apartment. Your grandfather and some of the helpers offered help but you were determined to do this all by yourself and declined kindly. You went to the apartment and started cleaning, then repainting the stained old walls with baby pink paint.

It was hard of course, the struggle of opening the paint bucket were one of those suffering you had to go through and basic knowledge in painting and decorating the worn out apartment. Thankfully, your parents and grandpa taught you to be extra meticulous at things and researched thoroughly first before taking a step forward. The heir's exam hasn't even began officially yet but you felt you've learnt a lot already.

 

It was almost midnight when you finished painting the house. You decided to move in tomorrow and let the paint dry first and went back home. 

And the next day, you started moving your things and decorating your apartment. With the money left, you bought utensils you'll need. Now that the apartment is done and school will start the day after tomorrow, you decided to buy your school materials and go back to the mansion to spend your last night there.

 

You spent it normally, eating with grandpa and chatting, despite of the late time you got back. But after eating, you took the chance to say your goodbyes and told them that you'll go back after two years. Some cried, one of them was Amanda, and you made sure to comfort them and assure them that you'll be fine.

It was a sad farewell, with your mid telling you that you'll have leave your grandpa alone and you’ll miss everyone. You wanted to cry but you gave them a smile instead then went to your room and sleep there for the last time.

 

 

 

 

 

*Watch me grow everyone.*