Jongin's test

My secret (내 비밀)

 

“So what’s your business here?” Heeyoung asked the four.

 

“We were in formed by the entrance examination for the new board member recruits and came to make a petition.” Meihan beamed and the four agreed. “We want to take the said exam as soon as possible.” Luhan continued surprising Heeyoung and the board.

 

"Why? What's with the rush?" Heeyoung asked with a frown but Lay interrupted.

 

“When do you plan on taking it?” Lay asked ready for the challenge.

“By next week.” Sehun replied making Lay’s eye brow raise in surprise. He never expected them to take the exam lightly.

“The exams won’t be difficult as the presidential examination Heeyoung took and we’re confident to pass it. After all, the contents of the said exam will be the ones we’re all supposed to be specialized with.” Taemin explained and the three supported his words with a nod.

 

The board members turned to Heeyoung for a decision and the girl nodded. “If you guys are all confident with this, we will give you what you want.” She said. “After all, the sooner the better.” She continued looking at Kyungsoo who smiled getting her humor. “But I also want to communicate with the four of you, that if you ever fail the exam. There will be no re-takes.” She added and the four smiled confidently.

 

“Are you all sure to take it next week?” Heeyoung asked and the four said ‘yes’

Then, the girl turned to her members and asked “Can you guys make the exam sheets and pass it to me three days from now?” worried to burden her members.

“Sure.” They all shrugged.

“That’s a lot of work but if it’s making sure to get a good board member, we’re all up to it.”  Tao said and the members agreed.

 

“Thanks everyone.” Heeyoung chimed and turned to the four. "Good luck on the exams then." she told and the four thanked her.

 

“But that’s not the only thing why we’re here.” Meihan cut the conversation and took a seat followed by Luhan joining the board.

 

"I'm sorry but I still got work to do left in my office. I'll see you all next week." Sehun excused himself.

"Oopps. Me too, I have to do Master Kwons weekly check-up, nice meeting you all and see you next week." Taemin told and followed Sehun out of the room.

"Okay, then Bye Taemin oppa. Bye Sehun-ah." Heeyoung bid them goodbye and turned to the twins. "We're listening jiejie."

 

“We’re also here to discuss about Baobao and that ‘dark boy’ relationship.” Luhan said reminding everyone about the pending discussion.

 

*Uh-oh* Heeyoung told herself.

“What do you have in mind Mr. Xi?” Minho asked.

 

“Since Baobao’s going to have that dark guy as a hubby one day, if he ever passes, we want to make sure that that brat loves our cousin and have the qualifications of a perfect man for her.” Luhan started with his over protective antics but got cut off by his sister.

 

“We want Jongin to undergo the heir’s test.” Meihan said bluntly shocking everyone and leaving Sehun and Taemin clueless. “The things that Heeyoung went through before taking the presidential examination.” She continued.

 

“D-don’t you think that test is too much?” Minho said with a frown.

“Why ‘that’ test gege? Jiejie?” Heeyoung asked with a frown. She knows how hard it is to leave everything and start with nothing.

 

“Because that’ll be the perfect test and at the same time punishment for that boy.” Meihan explained. “They told me everything you’ve been through and how you’ve suffered, Baobao. And I’m not pleased with It.” she told coldly. “Not even one bit.” She added expressing her disappointment scaring everyone in the room including Luhan, her twin.

 

*Th-that’s right. Don’t argue with Meihan or you’ll face her cold voice.* Luhan mocked inside his mind.

 

“But that’s the least of the reasons.” Meihan beamed. “We, as your family wants you to have a man to love who loves you back and could leave everything he has just for you. If that boy accepts the challenge, it means that he possesses the unconditional love we’re all looking for.” She continued. “And of course that also say that he won’t ever leave you if things gets difficult.” She explained and turned to see Lay who’s not satisfied to what they’re saying. To him, the business part is also important.

“And of course, living with love is not enough and this test comes in hand for that too. If he’s capable enough, he could graduate college on his own whew we can assure the boy’s independence and hard work.” She added. “And after those four years, he’ll finally take the presidential test and prove he has the brains to become the CEO’s husband.” She concluded earning the nod of everyone.

 

“In short, in those four years of test, the boy will show his capabilities, perseverance, hard work, brains and love for Heeyoung to us. And if he succeeds, he’ll officially become Baobao’s hubby.” Luhan summarized. “By the way, gramps, dad and Mrs. Kim already approved on the idea. So what do you guys say?” he added.

 

Heeyoung gasped and pouted. *Gramps, uncle and Mrs. Kim like their plans too?!*

 

“I’ll go with it.” Lay said. “I think the exam is perfect.” He added making Heeyoung frown.

 

*Yixing oppa too?!* Heeyoung’s heart dropped in disappointment already feeling sorry for Jongin.

 

“How about the others?” Heeyoung turned to the others but avoided the eye contact. She looked at Kris but Kris just blinked at her.

 

*Shoud I say something?* Kris aked himself.

*You can suggest to take the test too. That way, you can get Heeyoung back.* Meihan told Kris mentally but the boy didn't get it. She still thinks that Kris likes Heeyoung.

 

“We agree on the test.” Baekhyun said in behalf of the board. They admit that the plans of the twins are good and assuring.

“How about Heeyoung?” Meihan asked looking at her cousin.

 

“I … Uhm … I don’t know.” The girl replied. “How about Jongin’s thoughts? He’s the one who will be doing the challenge.”

“If the boy agrees, are you on?” Luhan asked and Heeyoung nodded unsurely. “I guess.” She mumbled.

“You sure?” Meihan raised a brow.

Heeyoung sighed and said “It’s not like I have a choice here right? It’s one vs. 100 here.” She pouted.

 

Luhan grinned and slid his phone on the middle of the table. “Heard that dark kid?” Luhan asked shocking everyone.

 

“Loud and clear dolly boy.” Jongin’s voice was heard from the phone’s speaker. Jongin has been listening to their talk through the phone call. “And of course, I’ll accept the challenge.” The boy said.

“Just you wait jagiya, I’ll get you back to me in no time.” Jongin said to Heeyoung making the girl blush and Meihan giggled but stopped when she saw Kris.

 

“Now, that’s settled. I want to add something.” Meihan stood up. ”The two lovebirds could date in the process but no babies, ne?” she added making Heeyoung blush and some choked.

 

“But that’s - - -“ Luhan frowned at what his sister said and tried to agrue.

“No buts.” Meihan give Luhan a look and the boy fell silent. “Anyone disagrees?” she asked but everyone silent.

 

The girl beamed and stood up from her seat. “Great, Jongin’s test will start after graduation so he could look for a job and save for college, and the four of us will take the exam next week. The meeting’s over. See you all next week ~” she chimed and dragged her twin out of the office leaving the room in silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Kris pabo, why didn’t you say anything.*