Last day

My secret (내 비밀)

 

Tomorrow approached and the couple went to a date in the streets of Myeondong. They went shopping for couple things and ended up buying a couple animal rings. Then, they ate lunch in the food stands on the streets and continued their romantic walk while holding each other's hand.

 

Time passed quickly like it was running fastly to end the two's relationship. Daran glanced at her watch and saw the time. It's almost 6.

 

*Jongin-ah. Our time is almost up.*

 

She sighed and looked at Jongin with a forced smile full of sadness. Jongin noticed the changes of his girlfriend's mood and frowned.

 

"What's wrong?" he asked.

Daran stopped walking and faced him as took his other hand. "Let's go to han river. It's crowded here." she said and pulled him towards the car. 

The ride was silent as no one dared to talk. Jongin would steal glances at her but Daran kept her eyes on the road.

 

 

*Don't cry Heeyoung-ah. It's all for his best.*

 

 

They reached their destination and went to the unoccupied bench nearby. The both sat and breath the fresh air silently when Daran suddenly stood up.

 

*Just one last kiss and I won't be self-fish anymore.*

 

She faced Jongin who was sitting looking at her with confused eyes. She leaned closer to Jongin's face until their lips touched.

Jongin was shocked but got lost to his girlfriend's sweet and soft lips massaging his and kissed back. After that long passionate kiss, Daran stood up and pulled Jongin into an embrace making the boy more and more lost.

 

 

"D-daran-ah? What's wrong?" he asked between the hug. *What's exactly happening here?*

She broke the hug and looked at his eyes. "We are wrong Jongin-ah." Daran said with her trembling voice. Jongin's eyes widened and his breathing started to hitch.

 

"W-What do you mean? Jagiya I dont---" he said when she cut him off.

"I'm breaking up with you." she said trying to hide her tears and gave Jongin a cold look.

 

 

*Andwe.*

 

Jongin, shocked, chuckled trying his best to not believe her words and that it was only a joke. A big joke. But Daran's eyes said otherwise.

 

"We're never meant to be together Jongin-ah. I'm sorry to have played with your emotions but I was in need of money." she lied making Jongin froze as her words echoed in his head.

 

 

Money Money Money.

 

"I just used you to get through my problems and to make the students stop bullying me." she added making Jongin's heart break into pieces.

 

*I'm sorry Jongin-ah. It's better for you to hate me that way, you can move on easily.* she sobbed inside breaking down.

 

Then, she smirked and patted Jongin's frozen shoulders. "Sorry Jongin-ah. It's just how life is. Now that I have Kris, I could use him for my wants. After all, he's a lot richer than you are." She gave him a false smile.

"I don't need you anymore so I'm dumping you. Okay. I had fun this past few days by the way." she tried her best to sound heartless and turned away.

"Oh. And another thing, don't bother me anymore. I hate annoying ex-boyfriends." she said and walked away completely leaving the still shocked Jongin, processing every word Daran let out of . Words that made his world crumble.

 

After a few minutes standing alone, his tears started to flow as he fell on his knees sobbing.

 

*What's happening? Did she really mean it?* he asked himself. *That she never loved me? And all she wanted was my money.* he cried.

*Mom was right, Daran is just after my money.* he remembered the times he fought with his mom for standing up for Daran when she said that she's just after his money. *I was blind. How could you hurt me so much Daran-ah?*

 

Meanwhile, Daran was watching Jongin break, hiding behind a wall with her hands covering to prevent sobs from coming out. Tears flowed harshly to her cheeks as she watched her beloved's agony.

 

 

 

 

 

*It's all for the best Jongin-ah.*