Finding a partner

My secret (내 비밀)

 

After that day in Lotte world, the two teens have become more close. They were together in class and breaks.

At first, the students always gasped at the sight of Jongin and Daran together as they were shocked and curious of how the two of them became friends.

 

The queenkas quitted bullying her as they were afraid of Jongin's wrath. Even though they hated the girl enough to pull all of her hair off, they knew better to not harm her because of the consequences they will face. They still give her glares but that’s about all they could do.

 

In the other hand, Daran, never gave attention to them and just focused on her studies, work and friend Jongin.

 

 

 

The morning classes just ended and Daran, together with Jongin, were walking to the canteen to grab some lunch. The two sitted to their usual table together with the 3 other kingkas.

 

"So, who are you two taking to the ball this year?" Kikwang asked Taemin and Myungsoo.

"I have to go with Minah since that woman (referring to his mother) will not leave me in peace." Myungsoo sighed as he palm faced himself due to stress his mom was giving him.

 

Minah begged her mother to tell Myungsoo's mom to get the two together on the upcoming party. And since Myungsoo's family is Minah's family buisness partners, he didn't have the choice to reject the girl.

 

"Good luck dude." Taemin patted his friend's back because he understand how he feels.

 

Last year, Minah did the same to Taemin's father and the two also ended up together at the ball that was like hell for him. Minah's excessive use of aegyo makes the kingkas puke but since her family has a lot of business partnership with theirs, they have to bear with her.

 

The two sighed and turned to the lady who was sitting across them.

 

"How about you Daran?" Taemin asked that made Jongin choke with his food.

"Are you going?" Myungsoo added.

 

Daran looked at the two and noticed Jongin was choking. She quickly patted his back and handed his friend a glass of water. After having his calm, Daran went back to her seat and shifted her gaze to Taemin and Myungsoo.

"I'm not going. I have to do some chores and probably don't have something to wear on occasions like that." she said calmly. "You guys enjoy it for me 'kay?" she chimed and got back her attention to her food.

 

Kikwang grinned widely as he teasingly looked at Jongin who was a bit down with the lady's statement.

"Looks like Jongin will go dateless for the 3rd year ball as usual." Kikwang beamed teasing earning glares from Jongin.

"Shut up and eat." Jongin said in an annoyed tone and went back to eating.

 

Taemin felt Kikwang's intentions as he looked at his grinning friend. The both of them talked with their eyes as an evil smile crept on their faces. Taemim turned to Daran and smiled as he called her name making the girl shift her attention to the guy.

 

"I still don't have a date. Can you come with me? I'll provide everything." he said making Jongin almost choke for the 2nd time while Kikwang and Myungsoo smiled at their friend's words understanding the intentions of his.

Daran raised a brow as she confusedly gaze at Taemin.

 

"I have to find a date or my mom will find another spoiled brat to partner up with Me." he reasoned. "Think of it as saving my life. I prefer going with my friend that going with a brat who always end up falling for me." he continued making Jongin's blood boil.

 

Daran, in the other hand, innocently believed Taemin's words. "I don't know." she replied hesitating.

 

She knows very well that with her present status, she'll just receive glares and judgment from others at the party. She looks like she doesn't care but inside, it still hurts her when she hears harsh words dedicated to her and going as a kingka's partner will just worstened the situation. But then she felt guilty because her friends were asking for her help that only her can do. She looked up and locked her gaze with Taemin.

 

"Maybe I could fix my time and help you." she said. The boy's except for Jongin's face cheered up at the girl's answer.

"Okay then. We should go shopping for your clothes later." Taemin said before he teasingly smirked at Jongin.

 

Jongin's blood boiled to its limit as he suddenly stood up with an annoyed expression in his face earning the eyes of everyone inside the canteen including his friends.

"She has work later on." Jongin said on Daran's part as the girl just sat there confused.

"We'll go after her work then." Taemin teasingly replied as he took a spoon of his soup to his mouth. The other 2 kingkas just chuckled as they watched the intense mood between Jongin and Taemin.

 

Just that second, Jongin couldn't take his jealously anymore and said "She can't go because she's going with me." earning a gasp from the students as they started murmuring while Daran sat shocked.

He turned to his friend and asked "You're going with me right?" waiting as he looked at her pleading a 'yes' from her.

 

Daran blinked a few times and turned to Taemin then back at Jongin. She wanted to go with Jongin but Taemin is the main reason she's going, to help the guy. The 3 kingkas chuckled as they watched the two gaze at each other.

"But what abou---." she was about to say when Taemin cut her off saying "You can go with Jongin I forgot that I already asked my cousin to go with me. Sorry."

 

Daran didn't know what to say and just nodded with an 'okay'.

 

The three kingkas chuckled at smirked at Jongin.

 

"Enjoy the party kkamjong." Myungsoo grinned earning a glare from Jongin for the 3 as he sat back to his seat.

 

 

 

 

 

*You're welcome Jongin-ah.*