Broken

My secret (내 비밀)

 

It’s already 3 in the morning and Heeyoung is still in her office trying to finish what she could, now that she’s the CEO of the company, she has to know every single movements of the company. The board members help her too but since The Kwon empire is an extended business, the girl still has a lot of things to do.

She was busy piling the folders up to place in her secretary’s desk when a knock on the door was heard.

 

“Come in.” she said as she walked towards the other desk. The door opened and revealed Luhan with a gentle smile. “Oh, gege. Why are you still here? It’s late.” She scolded her cousin.

“I came to pick you up pabo. You stayed too late and you still have school tomorrow.” He shot back.

“Oh, it’s not that ---.” She was about to defend herself but got cut off by her cousin. “It’s already 3 am.” He cut her off.

“Ohh. You’re right. Sorry, it’s just there’s so many works to do.” She reasoned with a shy smile and Luhan remained silent.

 

He locked the door and called his cousin’s name “Heeyoung-ah.” with a gentle and warm voice.

Heeyoung turned back to look at his cousin as saw his gentle gaze towards her. “Gege.” She mumbled trying to stay composed hiding her sadness, tiresome and tears.

 

She missed his cousin’s presence, whenever she’s sad, it’s always Luhan or Kris are the ones who always comforted her. She always cries to them as she says her worries.

 

Luhan spread his arms and beamed at his cousin. “Come, gege’s here. It’s alright, you can let your guard down now.” He said softly knowing how long the girl has been trying her best to be strong.

 

Heeyoung stared at her cousin for seconds as the forced smile slowly became a frown and soon into a crying weak girl. She walked towards Luhan and he embraced his suffering cousin.

“You’ve done very well Heeyoung-ah. Wufan told me what happened. Gege’s very proud of you.” He patted the girl’s head.

“Gege.” She sobbed holding a tight grasp on Luhan’s uniform. “It’s very hard.” She stuttered within her cries.

“Shh… Everything going to be alright, Gege’s here now.” He said with warmness comforting the agonizing Heeyoung.

“They hurt me.” She told sobbing. “HE hurt me.” She added referring to Jongin.

“Just let it out baby monster, I’ll never let you suffer like this ever again. Sorry if I wasn’t here when you needed me.” He hugged his cousin tightly as guilt flooded his heart. “Uncle and Aunty won’t forgive me if you gave up Heeyoung-ah.” He added.

 

Heeyoung shook his head and looked at her crying cousin. “It’s not your fault gege, they didn’t want me to take the test with a lot of people involved. It was a highly secret exam.” She said.

“But still, I can’t believe you’ve suffered a lot. They’ve bullied you Heeyoung-ah, my baby cousin got bullied and heart broken by some stupid brat.” He said blaming himself for what had happened to his cousin.

 

“From now on, you’ll never going to suffer like that ever again.” He promised her. “I will protect you ‘til the end.”

“Don’t leave me ever again gege. I’m scared of people, everything is scary. They’ll take everything away from me if I’m not strong enough.” She said shaking.

He pulled her closer to his chest and patted her back. “Shhh. Luhan gege won’t let them take anything away from you anymore.” He said

 

 

After an hour of crying and catching up, the two decided to go home and rest. That night, Luhan slept in Heeyoung room to sum up to their bonding time.

Luhan, his twin sister and Heeyoung always sleep together when the Xi’s are in Korea. The twins considered their cousin as their triplet and were close as ever.

 

 

 

 

 

*I’ll be here for you Heeyoung-ah and I can’t wait to meet those people who hurt you.*