The Xi's

My secret (내 비밀)

 

The twins waited for another hour and the doctor finally came out in search for Mr. Xi’s company. They two of them went towards the doctor and got greeted by his straight face.

 

“Mr. Xi’s.” Luhan said before the doctor even asked. “How is he?” Meihan asked making the doctor a little bit daze. The twin’s visual is no joke.

 

“M-mr. Xi’s is in we-weak and sensitive condition and wished for his ch-chi-child’s presence.” The doctor stuttered and the two wasted no time and dashed in to the room only to be greeted by their father weakly lying on the bed pale as ever, hose connected to his body.

 

“Papa!” the twins ran beside their father’s bed with Meihan crying.

“Oh… Meihan, you’re here.” Mr. Xi told with a weak voice and tried to smile.

“Yes, papa I’m back. I’m here now.” The girl cried as she took her father’s weak state.

“Shhh… don’t cry my baby girl.” The father hushed his daughter. “It’s better now, that Meihan’s here.” He said. “I called you here to say my last wish.” He told making Meihan sob even more.

 

“Don’t say that dad.” Luhan scolded his father. “You’ll live okay?”

“We won’t know that for sure my son.” Mr. Xi said with a pained expression.

 

“Shh… you two stop talking.” Meihan told and turned to her father. “We’ll talk later, ne? Just rest  for now. Mama is on her way.” She said but the man shook his head and continued.

 

“I have to say this.” He insisted with a weak voice and reached his children’s hand and the twins held it. “I want you two to lift our family name up.” He said making the twins frown.

“I know none of you are interested in business but it really means a lot to me and to your mama.” He tried to explain panting a little. “If I’m going to leave this instant, I want you two to promise me that you’ll take over the Xi and prove to others that our family is deserving of what we have.” He asked trying to tighten his grip to their hands.

“Will you do it for papa?” the man asked and looked at his son. “Luhan?” then at his daughter “Meihan?”

 

“We’ll do it papa.” Meihan replied and turned to her twin brother. “Right, Luhan?” she asked and Luhan just nodded. They couldn’t say no to a dying person.

 

Mr. Xi smiled and said “Thank you my children. Now I could rest in peace.” Then closed his eyes making the twins panic.

 

“PAPA! No! Doctor! Luhan call the doctor!!” Meihan turned to her brother who was already calling the doctors.

 

The men in white rushed towards the man and checked his pulse while the twins stood on a corner.

“Papa.” Meihan sobbed in her brother’s arms while Luhan watched quietly how the doctors treat their father. He too wants to cry but he’s trying to be strong for his sister.

 

After some tests, the doctors sighed and turned to the siblings.

“It’s a false alarm, he’s just sleeping.” The doctor said making the two worry for nothing. “We’ll transfer him in one of the rooms, please got to the reception to fill in the papers.” The doctor added and went out of the room.

 

The twins remained standing looking at their father with a poker face in silence.

“Papa pabo.” The two chorused along with a sigh as they watched their dad sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*This old man is really a pain in the .*