Kimchi spagetti

My secret (내 비밀)

Seeing Jongin was still looking confused, Daran gave him an assuring smile before telling him to sit back down. "Nevermind me Jongin. I'm just tired but I'd definitely pay you back for the phone." she explained and started searching for recipes for their dinner on the phone and minutes after searching online, Daran looked up to him. "Let's have kimchi spagetti!" she beamed and Jongin just cluelessly raised a brow.

He didn't even know what's that beside that it has the typical korean side dish; kimchi.

 

"I think it's good. It's my first time eating it too so let's give it a try." Daran confessed and Jongin nodded. He'd like to try new things with his new friend too. Now that Daran's paying attention to him, he's happy.

 

She carefully cut the ingredients and cooked it with the recipe’s guidance and with almost an hour of waiting, their dinner was served.

"Go and try it. I think it's not that bad." Daran said to him, bitting her lips nervously as she watched Jongin take the chopsticks and some strands of the pasta. The girl didn0t even realized she was holding her breath until she had to speak.

 

"How is it?" she asked.

"It's...good." He beamed and started eating happily making the girl sigh in relief.

"Phew. That's a relief. Let's enjoy our supper then." Daran chuckled and joined Jongin to eat.

 

It was good timing when Jongin's butler called him because they have finally finished eating. The rich kid grunted when he ended the phone call and Daran could only smile quietly knowing it was time for him to go home.

 

As expected, Jongin stood up, almost pouting. "It's late I have to go." He told her and Daran nodded.

 

"Right. I'll acompany you to the door then." She chimed and both went for the doors. Daran held the door and let Jongin go out.

"Thanks for today Jongin-ah." She smiled at him and Jongin rubbed his neck shyly, avoiding her eyes.

 

"Uh...yeah." He responded and made a small wave with his hand before walking downstairs.

Daran waited for him to enter the car and she turned around to go back to her apartment but one voice stopped her.

 

"See you tomorrow!" Jongin shouted and she heard the engine going wild as he drove away.

 

Daran couldn't help but smile with Jongin's words and locked the door to her apartment. She cleaned up the kitchen and while she was doing it, she noticed the paper bags Jongin brought still on the entrance of the house near the shoe cabinet. She went towards it and took them all to her room to see what's on every bag.

 

One of the bags contained new school uniform and other with dresses and jewelries. She was very shocked on how many luxurious things Jongin bought her. And if she gave them back, Jongin will just insist her to accep his gifts and she somehow understand that those things are his way of saying apologizing so she decided to keep everything. She put it all neatly in her cabinet and finished cleaning up before going to sleep.

tumblr_npjart8AZl1rkpf8mo5_500.jpg

Morning came fast and Daran woke up to go to school. She prepared hurriedly and walked to school. In her way there, she suddenly became nervous and afraid that Jongin might be back to his old bully self. Then, there's still those queenkas who poured smoothies on her yesterday. She was afraid of those events repeating again but she still hoped that what happened yesterday wasn't a dream.

A part of her didn't want to go to school but her guts were telling her to go and ss she entered the school, the usual glares greeted her but the students were murmuring more than usual. She just walked, ignoring everyone when someone tapped her right shoulder. She looked at her right but saw no one and when she turned to her left, an index finger poked her cheek.

It was Jongin looking at her with a smile just like how he was smiling yesterday and she never felt so relived and happy in this poor life she was currently having.

 

Daran returned the smile and greeted. "Good morning Jongin-ah." But Jongin only smiled at her and gave her a wink. She didn't miss the menacing glare he sent to everyone who was glaring at you but you decided to ignore it, not wanting to spoil yours and Jongin's morning.

"Let's go to class." She said to him and the both of them walked together while other students gapes and whispered as they watched them both.

It was making her uneasy and she was afraid worse would happen, not only to her but for Jongin too.

 

 

 

 

 

*Maybe walking with Jongin to class is a bad idea.*