Four years ago part 4

My secret (내 비밀)

 

 

Meihan ignored Kris the whole day and Kris, still thinking of what he did wrong was watching the girl’s every move.

 

Night came and the celebration started. The four sat on their reserved table with a quiet ambient. Meihan did her best to avoid all contact with Kris while Kris was looking depressed as ever. Heeyoung tried to ease the silence by complementing everything she sees but it didn’t work while Luhan sat silently holding his twin’s hand observing the situation.

 

Of course having those beautiful and talented teens gathered in one table has gained a lot of attention and some of the guests approached them.

“Hey kids.” Some of the Wu’s business partners went to chat with the four.

 

The four bowed at the elders and sat back to their seats.

 

“What a group of polite and educated teens.” One praised and the kids forced a thankful smile. “How’s life so far? Any plans reserved for the future?” another one asked making Luhan roll his eyes. He hates it when people try to involve their selves into someone else’s life.

 

Meihan and the other two knows about Luhan’s attitude towards these people and decided to excuse the boy out of the conversation.

 

“Ow.” Heeyoung interrupted the elders blabbering with a frown.

“What’s wrong dear?” one asked.

“I think I ate too much ice cream.” Heeyoung told reaching her tummy and turned to Luhan. “Gege, could you help me find a medicine?”

 

Luhan let go of his sister’s hand and grabbed Heeyoung’s as he stood from his seat. “Excuse us.” Luhan bowed and left the table without even waiting for the adult’s response.

 

The elders were a bit taken aback by the boy’s attitude but decided to not make a big deal out of it knowing that the boy is famous for his rude attitude and just turne their attention to the two teens in front of them.

 

“Anyway, where were we?” they got back to their blabbering. “Oh, right, any news?” they asked trying to squeeze some information from the two.

“In five years’ time, you two and Luhan will become legal of age. That means you’ll all be able to take over the family business. Did Master Kwon start teaching you already?” they bombarded the two with questions.

 

Meihan flashed her best smile and answered as politely as she can impressing the group of businessman. “Our parents are letting us have time to enjoy our childhood and doesn’t have any plans on training us for the time being. “

 

“How about Kris?” one asked.

 

“My parents are discussing about it but nothing is confirmed yet.” He replied as proper as possible earning the praises of the elders.

 

“Aigoo. You two are so polite and smart.” One told and the two bowed as a thank you.

“And they really look good together too. I bet the Xi’s and the Wu’s would be delighted to have some merging in the future.” Another one said making the two speechless.

“You two should get together.” One suggested and the others agreed.

 

Kris started blushing while Meihan used every effort she has to not to flush and talked.

 

“I’m sorry to disappoint all of you but I’m not interested in such matters.” She told silencing everyone including Kris who just dropped his heart. “My dream is to help needy children all over the world and I belive that entering a relationship will just get in the way.” She lied, partly.

 

Her dream is to help children one part of it is to do it with her love one who she hoped to be Kris. But after what happened earlier, that part where Kris and her being together was shattered to pieces and is not possible to happen anymore.

 

“But why? Don’t you want to have a family of your own?” One asked as Kris anticipated on hearing the girl’s reasons.

 

“To be honest, I haven’t really paid much thought on those things but for me, all those children are my family. And besides, if I do get a partner, It’ll only be unfair for him.” she told.

 

Kris stood up from his seat surprising everyone. He couldn’t take it anymore; his heart is already pulverized by that indirect rejection.

“I think I should check up on Heeyoung and Luhan. They are taking too long.” He said and bowed to the elders before excusing himself to find the two, or rather get away from the pain, from Meihan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Be happy with your life Meihan, I’ll be waiting for you.*