Still cares

My secret (내 비밀)

 

After that night, Heeyoung and Luhan went to school like nothing happened, except that Heeyoung is now confident and livelier than she used to be.

 

All the board members shipped school today since the week end will be hectic for them, knowing that this coming Monday will be the most awaited press conference of Heeyoung. Only Heeyoung and Luhan went to school today.

 

Luhan and Heeyoung are on their break hanging out on the gazebo.

“Why did Kris skip school today? The others could do his work right? Now I’m bored and stuck with baby monster.” He whined.

“Gege, Kris isn’t like you. He’s a hard working person and won’t let anyone do his job for him.” the girl shot to her cousin. *Except for Jongin of course.* she added mentally not wanting to mention him in front of his cousin.

 

Luhan smirked and rolled his eyes. “You know nothing about that tower.” He told and laid down on the set. “He made me do all his work just to make him tell me your story.” He said proudly.

“And you actually did all of it?” Heeyoung asked with her eyes wide in disbelief. “If you were that curious, you could’ve just asked me about it gege.” She teased.

“Yeah, like you’ll tell me without crying.” He rolled his eyes. “I know you baby monster, you can’t tell sad stories without crying 1st. You’ll just end up sobbing and I’m not going to get anything from you.” He added and the girl just pouted knowing that what he said was a total fact.

“But you still owe me.” She said. “You have to make up for leaving me.” She did a mehrong and crossed her arms knowing she’ll win this time.

“Of course I’ll make it up to you, in fact I already made reservations.” Luhan grinned and his cousin just looked at him confused.

“Reservation for what?” she asked.

“Secret ~ .” he sing song. “You’ll know later on.”

 

The two were chatting comfortably when Luhan’s butler came in.

“I’m sorry to interrupt master, but there are some people who want to see the young miss.” The butler said.

“Let them in.” he said with a serious expression thinking it’ll be the person who broke his cousin’s heart, Jongin.

 

The butler bowed and let the three pass. To Heeyoung’s surprise, it was the three popular kingkas; Kikwang, L and Taemin.

 

“Hey there Dara—Heeyoung-ah.” Taemin greeted followed by the two.

“Ommo. Oppas, please take a sit.” She welcomed them and offered them space while Luhan stayed at his comfortable position nit minding the guest. “Gege, sit properly, we have guests.” Heeyoung scolded her cousin but Luhan just turned his back and took a nap.

 

“it’s okay Heeyoung-ssi, we won’t be here long.” Kikwang said.

“We just want to ask if you know anything about Jongin.” L continued. “He hasn’t been going to school these past few months. We called his house but they knew nothing either.” He added.

 

*Jongin? IS that bastard who broke my baby’s heart?* Luhan secretly listened to their conversation.

 

“We’re thinking that maybe he’s back to his old life.” Taemin said and Heeyoung was kind of curious what Jongin’s past life was.

 “You see before you come here, Jongin is not the type who goes to school often. The longest attendance he has was 5 hours of classes for three weeks. But all of that changed when you came to this school.“ he explained.

 

Heeyoung nodded trying not to show her worry for her ex. “Just like someone I know.” She said taking a glance at his pretending to be asleep cousin with a smile.

 

*Don't look at me.* Luhan scoffed mentally.

 

“It could be that case or the other.” L added. “Something’s odd, in the old days, he always answer our calls whenever and wherever he is. But now, he’s not picking any calls from us.” He said leaning his forearms in his knees as he looked to the ground worriedly.

 

“Since his break up with Krystal, he never came to school once. Some of my men told me that they saw him in Macau and some saw him in Italy last week. I think he’s running away from someone or something, but he won’t talk to us. We’re just taking chances that perhaps he contacted you by any chance.” Taemin explained. “We’re desperate.” He added.

 

*So he’s been playing with other girls while my baby was broken hearted just to let him live in comfort.* Luahn scoffed mentally. *I can’t blame him though, Heeyoung told him that she just used him, but still… no one messes with my baby and gets away with it.*

 

“I… I don’t know, he doesn’t contact me, not that I know of, I changed my contact number when I broke up with him.” she said honestly leaving the part that she just want him to move on easier.

 

The three sat in silence and sighed. Heeyoung felt guilty for not being able to help and she’s also worried about Jongin.

 

*Where are you Jongin-ah? Wait… Why am I worried?* she sighed at her own thought and turned to the three.

 

“I’m sorry I can’t be of any help, but here.” She handed Kikwang her old sim card. “If he ever contact me, he’ll be calling this number. You can keep it. I hope you find him soon.” She said trying to sound cold but failed.

 

*Pabo baby, if you want to act like you don’t care, at least put an effort to it.* Luahn laughed inside his mind hearing the worriedness in Heeyoung’s voice.

 

“Why are you giving me this? You could just answer it if he ever calls.” L smirked.

“I.. I don’t have time to answer calls.” She made an excuse but all of them knew she was making things up.

 

The 3 chuckled while Luhan tried not to laugh.

“You’re still a bad liar just like before. You never change; you’re still the sweet Daran we know. Your name is the only thing that has changed.” Kikwang stood up and patted the girl’s head.

 

Heeyoung got nothing to say as she was caught on the spot. *You’re hopeless, Heeyoung.* she scolded herself as she hid her face embarrassed.

 

“We still don’t know why you broke up with him, but we know that you didn’t want it. Everyone knows how much you love him and we will support your decision” Taemin said directly as he stood up ready to leave followed by the two.

“And don’t forget that you also got us. If you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to come to us.” Kikwang added with a wink.

“We’ll tell you once we find him, okay? And good luck to your conference. We’ll be there supporting you Ms. CEO.” L teased and the three bid their goodbyes and went out of the gazebo.

 

 

 

 

 

*Jongin, where the hell are you? Go back as soon as possible or you’ll regret it your whole life.*