More problems

My secret (내 비밀)

 

After that crying session, Daran and Kris decided to take the day off. Kris took Daran for a walk just to cheere her up when he received a sudden call. He took the call and left Daran for a second but then, he returned with a worried expression on his face.

 

Daran stood up and became worried.

 

 

Kris is a calm and collected man if something could make him like this, it has to be big.

 

 

"What happened?" she asked.

 

"We have some problems at the company. Sorry Heeyoung-ah. But I got to go back there as soon as possible. I'll drive you first." he explained and Daran nodded and quickly went back to the car.

 

 

After that incident, Kris couldn't go to school because of the problems his company is facing. It's already been a week and still no signs of him.

 

 

Meanwhile, Daran got herself back at her old life as soon as the break up between her and Jongin spread out. The queenkas and other students bullied her and Jongin didn't even bother to do a thing. He was so busy with his new girlfriend to care.

 

 

Krystal is new transfer student that came from America. Her parents are business partners with the Kims the reason they are now together. They met in a party and Krystal took the opportunity. Jongin was broken that time and she aided Jongin's brokenness.

 

 

 

Daran was about to buy food at the canteen when she felt a hard slap on her back. She turned back to see a Soo Jung and Minah's face smiling.

 

"Nice to see you peasant." Minah smirked.

 

"See ya." Soo jung whispered and winked before the walked away.

 

 

*What are they up to this time?* Daran asked herself and decided to ignore the bullies.

 

 

But then, seconds later, a male student with a large grin on his face approached her. She just blinked at the boy when he suddenly kissed Daran's cheek and left. Then, other males started approaching her with an attempt of kissing the girl not knowing that she has a paper stuck at her back saying 'kiss me' that the queenkas' stuck earlier.

 

 

The startled and afraid Daran ran outside the canteen followed by male students harassing her. When she got cornered after the long chase, she curled herself hugging her knees crying as she pleaded.

 

"Please don't be like this."

 

 

The boys laughed at the girl's pathetic state while the others took the opportunity to get close to Daran. She closed her eyes waiting for the worst but nothing came.

 

Instead, she heard a loud thump and running. When she felt everyone was gone, she slowly opened her eyes to see a furious Kris and a fainted student.

 

 

He walked towards Daran and pulled away the piece of paper sticking on her back and tore it to pieces.

 

"It's okay now. Sorry I'm late." he said as he helped the shivering girl to her feet.

 

"K-Kris." was all Daran said before tears and emotions took over her. Kris pulled her into a comforting hug and patted her head mumbling warm words like 'I'm here now.' 'I'll protect you.'

 

 

Then, Daran broke the hug and took a better look at her friend and frowned. "Kris, what happened to you?" she asked worriedly as she reached Kris face.

 

He's pale and lost a lot of weight. Big dark circles surrounded his red drowsy eyes. He smiled at her and took her hand.

 

 

"I'll tell you later, for now let's get something to eat." he said and led the both of them out of the school.

 

 

"So, what happened?" she asked as he took a seat across Kris'.

 

Kris let out a big sigh as he massaged his nose bridge. "The Kims and the Jungs(Krystal's family business) are backed out of our company taking a lot of clients with them." he explained.

 

Daran's eyes widened as she heard her friend's big problem.

 

 

 

 

 

*So it was all Jongin’s doing.*