In School

My secret (내 비밀)

*Maybe walking with Jongin is a bad idea.* Daran thought and slightly walked farther from Jongin but the boy realized it and reached for her wrist making her walk closer to him. Making her understand that Jongin didn't care about everybody thinks and they will walk together to their class. The grip on her wrist told her silently that Jongin will protect her from now on and she didn't doubt that, but still. she was nervous.

 

She looked at Jongin and saw that the boy was already looking at her. And seeing his worried glance, she assured him with a smile. Jongin must've thought she'd run away and ignore her again. 

"It's okay now. I'm not scared anymore and I won't run away from you. Prepare yourself because I’m going to be glued to you Jongin-ah." She said making Jongin chuckle and let go of her wrist.

The both of them reached the classroom and she sat on her place. She was fixing her things, preparing for the first class when a table was placed beside hers.

She looked up and saw Jongin moving his table and chair beside hers messing the table arrangements but no one dares to say anything at all. 

 

Normally, the tables were neatly place in line with a large gap but Jongin interrupted that order. The last line where Jongin's table and chair was now empty while the second to the last row had an excess table.

 

"What are you doing?" Daran asked him as she watched him busily placing his table beside hers.

"Let's sit together." he beamed and sat beside her.

"You're just seating beside me earlier too. I'm just in front of you." she retorted and Jongin looked back to his former place and frowned.

"But there's too much space between our tables." 

"The teacher might get mad about tables' misalignment." She reasoned and Jongin looked at her before pouting like a child.

Daran immidiately felt bad and sighed. "Look. I want you close too but I don't want you to be scolded." she said earning a small smile from Jongin.

"The teachers will be okay with it." he assured and placed his legs on his table before grabbing Daran's book and plainly turn its pages.

 

And Daran just watched her friend, amused, enjoy his new place.

 

The teacher went in after a shortwhile and quickly noticed the misplaced table of Jongin. "Did the cleaners did the table arrangements wrong?" She asked, baffled, but no one dared answer.

 

Daran nervously sat in her place while Jongin sat beside her innocently. He felt Daran nudge him a little and saw the teacher was already there. He was too busy in his own world so he didn't noticed earlier. And seeing the teacher's face, he knew what she wanted.

 

"I placed it here myself." he said earning murmurs from the class and a shock from the teacher.

"QUIET!" The teacher hissed at the other students and turned to Jongin. "You can seat everywhere you like Jongin." she said amiably and started the class.

 

The class ended and Daran found herself being dragged to the canteen by Jongin. He led them both to the Kingkas' table where she met Myungsoo, Taemin and Kikwang. The campus' kingkas and Jongin's only company.

 

"Is this the new friend you’re talking about?" Kikwang asked Jongin and the tanned mad nodded in response before turning to you.

 

"What do you want to eat?" He asked and she shook her head awkwardly.

"No, Jongin, I--" She stuttered but was interrupted by the kingka.

 

"Annyeong. I'm Jongin's friend too. Let's be friends, okay?" Kikwang chimed to Daran and the girl could only shift on her seat nervously.

"Isn't she the commoner?" Myungsoo asked as he looked at her from head to toe.

"And so if she is?" Jongin snapped, sending the other guy a warning gaze.

 

"Hey. Calm down guys. She seems a nice person so just let her be, okay Myungsoo? And you, Jongin and..." Taemin looked at her.

"It's Daran." she told.

"Well, Da ran, go and have a seat. I'm Taemin by the way. This grumpy grandpa here is Myungsoo and this playboy is Kikwang." he continued his sentence.

 

Jongin took a seat beside you and started and talked more. Well, most of the time, the three kingkas were listening to Jongin's stories when he went to Daran's house and how little it was. He also told them about that kimchi spaghetti they ate and the three looked really interested.

 

Then, one unfamiliar butler came with a cart of food. He set it on the table and explained each of the cuisine to them as he served them.

 

"Thanks Gil." Kikwang said, used to the special treatment. "Could you get another plate and silverware for this young lady here?" he ordered.

"Yes, young master." the butler bowed and went to get what he was ordered to.

 

"That's Gil. He's Kikwang's butler. He's the only one who serves us lunch every school days because we're not comfortable having 4 butlers in the canteen." Jongin explain and she just nodded. Even her didn't have Richard nor Amanda serve her food in the past.

 

Gil came back and set the plates for Daran and the 5 of them ate lunch together. As they eat, Jongin kept putting food on Daran's plate to eat causing the 3 kingkas to laugh fondly. It was the first time they saw Jongin like that and they were happy for him. They just hoped that Daran's intentions to their friend weren't like the others.

 

Haring the other laugh, Jongin and Daran looked at the three.

"Woah. Jongin really takes good care of you Daran-ssi." Myungsoo said with a giggle.

"Yeah. This is the1st time we see Jongin taking care of others except for his dogs." Kikwang added.

"I think you're a good company for our Jongin here." Taemin said patting Jongin's shoulder and Jongin glared at the three but didn't stop on placing a piece of salmon on her plate.

 

"Don't mind them and just eat. They're kind of inborn." Jongin grumbled making the 3 laugh more.

 

After lunch, the both of them said goodbye to the three and went to the next class. Then, Jongin drove Daran to her work andtook her in an expensive restaurant for supper afterwards. At first, Daran rejected his offer but since Jongin was very stubborn, she just ate with him and went home.

 

"Thanks for the supper." She said as she went out of the car. "Have a nice weekend Jongin-ah." she added and waved him goodbye but he went out of the car too.

"Do you have something to do tomorrow?" he asked.

"Hmmm. Nothing that i know of." she replied. She only worked from Mondays til Fridays and used the seekends to catch up with her studies.

 

"Then let's hang out tomorrow." He explaimed, not even waiting for her to say yes. "I'll pick you up at 1pm tomorrow." he added and Daran just nodded. 

"Go in first." he said to her and she nodded before going to the apartment. 

 

"Thanks again." she said and entered her home while Jongin waited for a moment before going back to his car.

 

 

 

 

 

*My friend seems to like me a lot grandpa.*