Rebels

My secret (내 비밀)

 

She opened the door to her grandpa's room and greeted by a sleeping weak old man. Machines and cables connected to his old body.

 

"Grandpa." she mumbled as she walked closer tears rolling down to her cheek.

 

"Young miss. The president just fell asleep and the shareholders are waiting for you outside." Amanda informed. "We will call you once the president wakes up." she assured and Daran nodded and exited the room.

 

She went to the living room to see some of the important shareholders of their company.

"Please sit down Heeyoung-ssi." one said and she obliged.

"I'm Mr. Choi, this is Mr. Gong, Mr. Park and Mr. Do." a good looking man said. "We came to tell you about the company's state." he explained and Heeyoung nodded for him to go on.

 

"Since the president fell unwell, the other board members started rebelling and are now proceeding of taking the CEO title to the president." he said that made Heeyoung sad.

 

*How could they betray grandpa just like that? Don't they know how much my mom, dad and grandpa sacrificed just for the company?*

 

 

"But they can't do it yet because of your grandpa's will. The will said that if something happens to the president, the company will be passed down to you. Heeyoung-ssi." Ms. Gong continued. "Then, they decided to go against the will because you have yet finished your test and is still young." she added.

"But we believe in you Heeyoung-ssi. We know you're the one suited for the position. That's why we're here." she said and the others agreed.

 

"M-me? B-but what can I do?" Heeyoung asked nervously. “I’m just a kid.”

"No. you’re a Kwon and we will help you." Mr. Park smiled at Daran. "We'll help you take your place Heeyoung-ssi. You just have to show them that you're capable of running the company." he said like it's the easiest thing to do.

 

"B-but I have no idea how to run a company yet." Heeyoung said as a matter of fact.

 

"We all watched how you coped up to you're test and proved your worth. You're a smart girl Heeyoung-ssi. All things can be learned." Mr. Choi said. "But that's not the point here. The thing is, the other board members are now yearning for a place they couldn't handle." he continued.

 

"I too can't be sure that you can handle the company. But my dad has a lot of expectations from you. I can't see why but since his last request is to give you a chance, I will help you." Mr. Do said.

 

*He looks very young.*

 

"Please don't fail my father. He said that only a Kwon is capable of handling the company." he added.

 

"What should I do? I mean I'm just a high school student." she mumbled.

"Age does not matter Heeyoung-ssi. Look at us. We're just a few years younger than you. Mr. Do here is just a year older than you and Ms. Gong here has your age." Mr. Park said that made Heeyoung took a better look at them.

 

*Woah! Jinjja?! So Kris is not the only young genius in our company.* Daran nodded at her new discovery.

 

"Will you do it Heeyoung-ssi?" Ms. Gong asked hopefully.

 

The girl paused to think.

 

*Grandpa needs me and mom and dad's hard work will all go to waste if I fail. But I'd like to try and do my best effort to keep the company alive.*

 

She turned to the 4 and said "I'll do it. What should I do?" she answered full of determination.

 

The 4 nodded at the heiress' decision and began explaining things.

 

"There will be a general board meeting tomorrow to discuss the topic of the CEO position. You should go there and claim the position as yours." Mr. Choi said. "Don't worry, since your test isn't finish yet, the boards, as one, will handle the company for the time being. What's important is that you make it clear that you have the right to prove yourself and to become the CEO." he continued.

 

"If we're successful of doing that, Ms. Gong and Mr. Do will start helping you learn everything about the company." Mr. Park continued.

"That's the plan we got. And of course if you're capable of the job, the company will be yours." Mr. Do added.

 

"I will not make any promises. But I'll do the best I can." Heeyoung said making the 4 smile.

 

"We're counting on you Ms. Kwon." Mr. Choi reached for a hand shake and the girl awkwardly shook it.

"Don't forget the meeting tomorow at 10 am. It'll be held at Kwon hotel real in Gangnam." Ms. Gong reminded and Heeyoung nodded taking a note in her head about the meeting.

 

"Then that's settled." Mr. Park stood up and turned to Heeyoung. "We'll see you tomorrow then Heeyoung-ssi. We hope everything could go as planned." he beamed that made the girl smile too.

That young business man's smile is contaminating.

 

Heeyoung bid goodbye to the 4 as she escorted them out of the mansion. When their cars exited the gates, Heeyoung went back to her grandpa's room and brokenheartedly watched the elder sleep.

 

 

 

 

*Please get well soon grandpa. I can't lose you. Not you too. I've lost too many things already.*