The test

My secret (내 비밀)

 

"Well, since Daran already said 'yes'. You two can go out." Kris said like he's the school's principal letting the two date.

 

The couple were relieved by the blonde's words but changed when Kris added a word.

"But in one condition…and that will be passing my test." Kris stated.

 

Daran made a pleading look at her friend but he just returned a threatening one. The one that says 'I'll tell Luhan if you don't let me do what I want' that made the girl helplessly shut up.

 

When she was still a Kwon, she promised not to have a boyfriend that Kris and her cousin, Luhan, won't approve at.

 

*I'm sorry Jongin-ah. But Kris' test is a lot easier than Luhan's.* she said mentally.

 

"So now what?" Kris broke the silence.

"Will you do it? Or will you just let Daran break up with you?" he added making Jongin panic at the thought.

 

"I'll do it." he replied full of determination.

He'll never let go of Daran. Not in a million years.

 

"See. You should've just said yes from the beginning. Tsk. Tsk. Making me wait long doesn't really help you know." Kris whined.

"What's this test you're talking about?" Jongin asked.

 

"Oh that? It's actually easy." Kris beamed.

"You just have to work in my family's company for a week as my substitute." he continued making the two give him a look.

"Of course I got to make sure my friend Daran here gets a capable man who can do anything in order to feed her." he reasoned.

 

"Kris we're just going out. Not getting married. Aren't you a bit exaggerating?" Daran complained.

 

"Eii. I'm being nice here you know. I was going to make him work as a janitor but since I have a golden heart, I'm letting him work on my job." Kris replied.

"Well, you have a point, you two are just going out and if you both think of just dating and not ending up with each other. He could just skip the test." he added mocking Jongin.

 

He has this test prepared for a while now knowing Daran will soon capture many hearts with her personality and beauty. He wants a man for her best friend that can handle business so Daran doesn't have to get to involve in the stressful life of business. Because he knows that Daran is the only heir of the Kwons.

But he wasn't kidding about the janitor's job. He just preferred to see Jongin's ability himself.

 

Kris is already working as a director in charge in his families company for his training for the CEO position.

If Jongin could manage Kris' job, it means he could match Kris' abilities that could make Daran live in luxury and comfort. And if that happens, he'll gladly acknowledge Jongin not only as Lee Daran's boyfriend but Kwon HeeYoung's too.

 

 

"When do we start?" Jongin asked.

"Tomorrow. My work starts at 6pm. Just go and ask for my secretary Ms. Jung and she'll tell you what to do." Kris instructed.

 

Jongin frowned at the schedule and said "But who's going to take and pick you up from work?" he asked his girlfriend worriedly.

"It's okay. I'll pick her up for you." Kris offered.

"You just want to spend time with Daran. That's why you chose this test." Jongin glared at the blonde.

 

"Yah! How could you say that?!" Kris said acting hurt. "I'm doing you a favor here. With my kindheartedness you can assure Daran's safety and concentrate with your work." he continued. "OH! And you have a point. I could spend time with her in the process. Killing two birds with one stone." he grinned.

 

 "Whatever. Just make sure my GIRLFRIEND gets home safely. If anything happens to her, I'll hunt you down." Jongin threatened Kris but the blonde just rolled his eyes and said "Is that how you say thank you? You're welcome then." teasing.

"Anyway, I got to go. Good luck with your job tomorrow and Daran, see ya!" the blonde patted Daran's shoulder and went to work that will be Jongin's tomorrow.

 

 

 

*Let’s see what you got Kim Jongin.*