Actor's party

My secret (내 비밀)

 

 

Tomorrow approached and the two were already driving to the event's venue. As soon as they arrived, they were greeted with smiles and congratulations from the employees.

The ladies gaped as they saw Jongin with a beautiful lad wearing a matching gown to Jongin's suit. Their hopes of being his ‘one’ just got buried deep into the ground. And to be honest, the 1st time Jongin was introduced to the company; all girls started putting more make-up the next day and started wearing their best outfits just to sit down their office all day and greet Jongin who was just passing by to get some documents from other departments.

 

Yes, they have a handsome son of the owner to swoon at, but Kris is too much for them. Just seeing him from a far makes them think they’re not good enough for him. And then, when they thought there is no more hope, Jongin became Kris’ substitute having the girls high by just seeing him and his poker face making his way to his office.

 

"Everyone, this is the reason of my hard work. My Lee Daran." Jongin shamelessly beamed that made Daran uncomfortable with the people's applause.

She tugged on Kai’s suit to stop his boasting but Jongin just beamed at her and started introducing her to some of the shareholders.

Some of the shareholders were part of your company and knows you, but knowing you’re still on your test, they did their best to act as if they never knew you.

 

 

Moments later, Kris arrived and spotted the two.

"Looking good there." he said eying Daran from head to toe.

"Stop starring Kris." Daran uncomfortably mumbled as Kris chuckled and looked at Jongin.

 

"Congratulations Daran's ‘boyfriend’." he said to Jongin and shook hands with him.

"Thanks." Jongin smiled taking the blonde’s hand.

 

"No problem." Kris winked that made Jongin roll his eyes.

"Oh. Almost forgot, my dad's looking for you look for a tower and that's him." he added and Jongin chuckled at the joke then nodded.

 

He turned to Daran and pecked her cheek. "I'll be quick, stay with Kris okay." he said and waked away.

 

 

"Heeyoung-ah." Kris called making Daran stiff. "My parents and other of your company’s shareholders are here.” He informed. “I already told them about the situation so you don't have to worry." he said that made Daran relieved.

"But I don't know how long I can cover you to Jongin. Remember, he's a Kim and Kim's are an important part of the business. I don't want to pressure you. But it's either you tell him or he finds it out by himself." Kris informed.

 

"I know. I'm just finding the right timing." she sighed.

"I know." Kris patted her shoulder but then a familiar voice called.

 

"Daran? Daran right?" they both turned to see Jongin's mother with a wine in her hand looking down at Daran.

"What is my son's poor friend doing here?" she asked and saw Kris. "And with the owner's son too." she added.

 

But then another voice popped in as arms wrapped around Daran's shoulders. "She's my girlfriend actually." Jongin said.

 

Kris just stood there watching the intense scene with his typical face.

 

"Oh my. Girlfriend?!" Mrs. Kim gasped and glanced at Daran judging the girl’s soul. "I should've known." she mumbled and walked away.

 

"Don't mind her." Jongin said to Daran and she assured the two with a smile.

"I'm okay." she said but the two knows her well.

 

Knowing Daran, she won't like it if they make a fuss about what happened so they just kept their thoughts and distract Daran's mind away from what happened and tried their best to enjoy the party full of acting.

 

The shareholders acting like they didn’t know the granddaughter of the Master Kwon while the others acted nice to Daran in order not to offend Jongin and seeing she’s friend with Kris, they made their smiles brighter. And Daran, acting like everything was alright same as the two handsome guys who’s always beside her.

 

 

 

 

*I hope Mrs. Kim knows who she's messing at.*