She knows?

My secret (내 비밀)

 

Meihan and Kris were walking at the park catching up for all those years they missed while eating ice cream.

 

“What happened to you and Heeyoung?” Meihan asked randomly changing the topic causing Kris’ smile to faint.

 

*She knows I like Heeyoung?!* Kris turned to the girl who was looking at him waiting for an answer.

Kris remained silent and continued walking Meihan feel guilty. *He must be still hurting inside.* she said to herself and skipped beside Kris and reached the boy’s hand surprising him.

 

“Luhan told me.” She lied. “Don’t worry about it. You can tell me when you’re ready.” Meihan assured with a smile and Kris couldn’t help but to beam as well, those butterflies era are coming back to his stomach.

 

*Thanks Meihan. You’re a real friend and let’s just stay like this.* he told to himself knowing that Meihan doesn’t count romance in her life.

 

“I gave up on her.” Kris told making Meihan look at him. “She looks so happy with him and I just couldn’t bring myself to block that happiness.” He explained bitterly. A part of him don’t want to talk about this with Meihan and it pains him to see that she’s not even affected by it on the way he wants it to effect on her.

 

“But did you ever tell yourself that you could do better than that kid?” Meihan asked swinging their hands together. “On second thought, you don’t deserve Heeyoung.” She told making Kris stop walking. “After all, you gave up so easily on her.”  Meihan continued.

 

“Hey, I did that so she can be happy and who told you it was easy?” Kris argued.

 

Meihan sighed and just nodded. “Fine, so you’re the ‘I’ll back off so you can live’ guy who always gets abandoned and supposed to be deserving the best.” She told with a roll of the eyes.

“I know you want her to be happy, but you could’ve at least told her your feelings.” Meihan scolded.

 

“I know. I’m such an idiot.” Kris sighed and continued walking. He knew that the girl have all the reason in the world. He should’ve confessed to Meihan that day. If he did, maybe he shouldn’t have fallen for Heeyoung and got hurt.

 

Meihan ran to catch up with Kris and held the boy’s hand. “It’s okay Kris. You’ll find someone better and remember, I’ll always be here for you. Best friends forever.” She told and Kris just smiled.

“Yes, friends.” He smiled bitterly. “We should get you back, it’s getting late. Luhan will turn Korea upside down if you’re not home at 10.” He told and Meihan nodded.

 

“Kris.” She called as the two of them walked hand in hand towards the car.

“Hm?”

“Be happy, okay?” she told wanting all the best for her 1st love.

“Yeah. You too.” Kris replied. “If you don’t, I’ll marry you even if you don’t want to.” He joked with a grain of truth in it.

 

“Pabo.” Meihan chuckled. *Don’t say that, it’ll only make things difficult for my heart.*

“Let’s go to the hospital first. I need to see how papa is.” Meihan told and Kris entered the car not bothering to open the door for Meihan.

 

Meihan didn’t really mind since he knows Kris doesn’t act gentleman with his close friends which are Heeyoung and her.

 

“To the hospital then.” Kris started the engine and drove to the hospital.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*At least I have you by my side, as a friend.*