Four years ago part 2

My secret (내 비밀)

 

“I’ll go in first.” Luhan told Kris and went in carrying the sleeping Heeyoung leaving Kris with no choice but to carry his crush in the house.

 

Kris took a deep breath and went inside the car to see Meihan still sleeping soundly. He sighed in admiration of the beautiful sight.

 

*She’s so beautiful.* he thought to himself as he took in the lovely scene before carrying the girl with his arms.

 

Kris successfully lifted the girl up with his arms and went out of the car.  The cold wing hit the girls sleeping body making her snuggle on Kris’ warm chest.

The boy froze on his ground because of the girl’s action and his heart was going crazy.

“Dugdugdugdugdugdugdugdugdug.” he can even hear his own heartbeat as the whole world froze before him. He didn’t move for a minute because of the those little shocks he’s feeling and kind of enjoyed the moment.

 

Then, Meihan frowned and hummed making Kris eyes widened in panic. *No.nonononononononono! Don’t wake up yet! What should I do?!!*

 

“Hmmm… Luhan quiet down will you?” she hissed with her eyes still closed and went back to sleep. Since she was resting her head on the boy’s chest, she could hear the fast heart beat that slightly disturbed her slumber.

 

*It’s Kris, pabo. And that’s my heart.* Kris chuckled and went in to the mansion to his room. He laid the girl on his bed beside the sleeping Heeyoung.

 

*I’ll never get tired of this.* he told himself with a grin watching Meihan sleep and was about to go out when an idea popped up in his head. *Should I?* he turned and looked at the girl sleeping then turned to see if Luhan’s watching and to his luck, Luhan was already in the next room plugging the game he was itching to play.

Kris then turned back to Meihan and gave the girl a kiss on the forehead before dashing out of the room with a face red as tomato.

 

The two best friends played for two hours before the girls wake up from their slumber and interrupted their playtime.

“Jiejie, I want to eat some ice cream.” Heeyoung tugged on Meihan’s sleeve as they walked out of Kris bedroom.

“Sure, I’ll ask Kris for some.” Meihan smiled at her cousin and turned to Kris who was still busy playing with Luhan. “Kris.” She called.

“What?” the boy asked trying to sound calm but it sounded harsh and short to Meihan.

“Sorry, I uhm… Heeyoung and I wanted to get some ice cream and I was wondering if you could get us some.” Meihan told a little bit taken aback by Kris’ distant tone.

“It’s okay, I’ll get it. Stay here.” Kris stood up and went out to get the requested treat.

 

Meihan pouted and turned to Luhan attacking her brother with a hug. “I think he’s really mad at me.” She said. “Did I do something wrong?” she asked with tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Luhan hugged his sister closer and patted her head. “I told you that’s not true. Don’t cry for nothing.”

“That’s not true Jiejie, Kris is just shy. Or maybe he has some problems.” Heeyoung reasoned but Meihan was not convinced.

 

“He probably hates me.” Meihan told and the two shook their heads disagreeing to what she said.

“If he does hate you, why would he carry you in to the house?” Luhan asked making Meihan looked at him with wide eyes.

“He did that?!” she asked in disbelief.

“Of course, I won’t carry you here. You’re fat.” Luhan told. “Now, go and help Kris with the ice cream.” He advised and with a nod Meihan dashed out of the room not even minding the fact that Luhan called her fat.

 

*Does this mean he likes me too?!* Meihan asked herself as she skipped her way to the kitchen. They four of them always spend time together and often goes to the Wu’s mansion to play.

 

But then, the girl stopped from her tracks as the sight before her made her heart crumble. Wufan was hugging a young maid with a big smile on his face. It was clear that he was happy.

 

Meihan silently turned back and walked to the room as her tears run down to her cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*You've been waiting for nothing, Meihan.*