Hunch

My secret (내 비밀)

 

The night was long, sad and cold for the two brokenhearted. They obviously cried the whole night but for similar-different reasons.

One cries for betrayal while the other cries for a sacrifice. But then, two hearts are broken.

 

Morning wakes and Daran lifelessly pushed herself to attend school. She can't afford to fail the test her grandpa gave her and her promise to her late parents of making them proud. She already lost Jongin and won't last if the only she won't be able to get back to her one and only grandpa.

 

She arrive school with swollen red eyes, pale skin and a lifeless aura around her.

 

Kris, who didn't have the slightest idea what happened saw his friend's wrecked state and immediately took action. He asked what happened that made Daran more miserable than she was. They decided to go to class together and leave the talking later.

 

Kris has this hunch that it's about Mrs. Kim or Jongin. You know, pure drama about the mother witch that hates the poor girl making them to break up.

But then, come to think of it, Daran is not poor. She's an heiress disguised as an orphan commoner.

 

*Wrong timing Heeyoung-ah. You and Kai would've been perfect for each other if you're a Kwon.* Kris took a glance at his friend who's sitting on her seat preparing for the class.

 

Then, his hunch was confirmed when Jongin didn't come to school.

 

*It's a pity Mrs. Kim. You lost Kwon corp. and your son's happiness.* He sighed and sat with Daran the whole class knowing Jongin won't be showing himself anytime soon.

 

 

Lunch bell rang and Kris quickly dragged Daran to a quiet place to talk. Daran, at first, didn't want to spill anything out but Kris is a genius in insisting.

She explained about Mrs. Kim's threats until her decision that made Kris' blood boil.

 

*How could they do this to our princess?!*

 

He clenched his jaw almost shaking in anger. But he didn't show it to her knowing she'll just get worried. He doesn't want to add to her worries, does he?

All Kris could do that moment was to give Daran a warm comforting hug and give his support quietly.

 

Actually, he could take the Kim's family down by his ability or informing the Kwon elderly about on how Mrs. Kim is treating their one and only heiress. But Daran won't let him.

 

"Just cry it out and you'll see tomorrow will be a better day Heeyoung-ah." Kris patted the head of the crying girl in his arms.

"You loved the right person Heeyoung-ah. It's just you let it happen in a wrong timing." he added and Daran just cried.

 

Then, an idea popped in the blonde's mind. He broke the hug and wiped Daran's tears that lingered on her face with a smile.

 

"Cheer up Kwon Heeyoung. Want to visit gramps? He's been calling me often asking about you. I bet he misses you so much and I could say the same for you." he wriggled his eyebrows with a smug smile that made Daran smile.

She let out a deep breath followed by a long sigh. "I'd rather not. I don't want him to see me at this state. And besides, I can't go back there. I'm not Heeyoung yet." she said.

"I'll meet him someday with a smile and with a granddaughter that he'd be proud of." she said smiling.

 

 

 

 

*Wait for me grandpa.*