Tamed Jongin

My secret (내 비밀)

Even the costumers were looking at him and you started feeling more uncomfortable because of it. Not wanting to get more attention, you quickly followed him and tugged his sleeve because he was too busy looking around to notice your warning glares.

 

He turned to you and waited for you to talk.

"Jongin I got to work now. You should leave. I'll see you tomorrow." You said to him and he stared at you for a moment before he gave you a smile and nodded. Then, he turned to the sales ladies, bowed.

"Please take care of Da Ran." He told them politely and left the store without other words.

 

You were a bit shocked by his words and the way he said it but you smiled thinking that he actually cares about you more than you think. You watched him walked out and turned back to change to your uniform only to stop, seeing your co-workers looking at you with full of jealousy.

 

Minhee, your friend and co-worker came to you with a pout. "Yah! You never told us you have a handsome and rich boyfriend." she hissed and the others nodded in agreement to her words.

Your eyes widened in shock and shook your head in denial. "Unnie he's not my boyfriend. He's just a friend. He gave me a ride to go here." You fully denied her words in panic and tried to stop the blush that was crawling on your face.

 

All of them sighed and went back to work. Except Minhee who still asked questions. "But why are you wearing such an expensive dress then? You didn't go to a date?" she stormed you with questions but you patiently responded to them.

"We didn't. One girl splashed me with her smoothie at school and he just helped me get a clean clothes then accompany me to go here." you replied and walked to the changing room with success to change to your work outfit.

 

Hours passed quickly and your co-workers went out three hour before you closed the shop. Five minutes were left until you close the shop and you did your usual chores before closing. Then you began closing the store and as soon as you locked the doors, you stood up and were startled to see Jongin behind you. He was smiling and waiting patiently in front you you.

 

Aghast, you could only blink at him. "What are you doing here? It's already late." You asked but he didn't reply. Instead, he grabbed your hand and led you to his car excitedly.

"You waited for me to come out?" you asked and he nodded. And knowing that he won't let you refuse to whatever he was offering, you went inside the car and told him your address. You only guessed that he wanted to take you home and the smile on his face made you know that you were right.

 

The ride to your apartment wasn't long but Jongin chose to take a few rounds and you let him. You were still not comfortable talking to him but you knew for sure that he meant you no harm now. You kind of understand that he just wanted your attention and you would give it to him if it meant he'd stay like a good pup like he was behaving that moment.

 

"Thanks for the lift." You said when he stopped in front of you apartment and gave him a small smile which he returned back to your surprise. "Good night then." You went out of his car and was about to walk away but he followed you out and tugged your sleeves.

"You need something?" You asked and he only nodded before leading you to the trunk of his car. He opened it and took a lot of paper bags and handed it all to you. There were lots of them that you almost couldn't balance them all.

 

"What's all this?" you asked as you struggled on handling all of the bags.

He looked at you silently before looking down to his feet as his right feet kicked invisible rocks.

 

"I'm sorry." He mumbled enough for you to hear but he avoided your eyes and kept his gaze on the ground.

You watched him for a while and saw he was really apologetic for his past actions. He's really like your old cousin. "You didn't have to buy me anything just to forgive you and, besides, you're already forgiven." You told him and he looked up at you with wide eyes and you gave him a warm smile to assure him your words.

 

When you saw his relieved expression you chuckled and stepped closer to him. "Now. Take these back and go home. It's already late." You said to him but he refused to take them back.

"No. It's yours." he said shortly, crossing his arms in front of him so you won't be able to push the gifts back to him.

You stared at him again, not knowing what to do and you remembered the maid's words before. Jongin can't express himself easily and often uses material things to compensate with it. You wanted to assure him that you weren't mad at him anymore but at the same time, taking those things might give him the wrong idea. And you didn't have any use of those luxurious things anyway. It would only attract attention.

You gave him one last look and he gave you a determined look. "You're so stubborn Jongin." You gave up with a sigh before turning towards the apartment. "Fine. But eat supper with me, at least." You added and his face lightened up and as he followed you excitedly just like those pups in his mansion.

 

 

 

 

 

*He's like a puppy grandpa.*