the 5th question

My secret (내 비밀)

 

 

“I left you because your mother said that she’ll disown you if I stayed with you. I don’t want you to suffer, that’s why.” She said avoiding his eyes. “Next question.” She added and Jongin just nodded.

 

*Of course my mom will think of something like that.* he said to himself.

 

He shifted his head to her other ear and leaned close to mumble the 2nd question. “Why did you tell me that you only used my money?” he asked and he felt the girl flinch at his question.

“Think about it yourself Mr. Kim. Will you leave me alone if I told you the real reason?” she shot at him making Jongin nod, satisfied with her answers.

 

*What Kikwang said is right.* he thought to himself. The three kingkas called him with Daran's old number as soon as they got the sim from Heeyoung and told them what they think.

 

He shifted his face to her with his lips close in her forehead. “Why did you become Heeyoung?” he asked.

“I’m Heeyoung since I was born; I just became Lee Daran to perform a test to become the head of our business.” She explained. “It was a top secret examination so I didn’t tell you about it. I had to graduate as an independent student if I want to go back to my old life.” She concluded.

 

*So that explains everything.* he nodded and shifted his gaze to her eyes, Heeyoung tried to look away but one shift will result to her nose touching Jongin’s.

 

He smiled sensing the girl’s nervousness. “Do you still love me?” he asked the 4th question making Heeyoung speechless.

She stayed silent hesitating if she should tell the truth or not. *What should I do? I still do but, I’m scared.*

 

*Why would she still love me, after all I’ve done to her.* he sighed and loosen his grip to the girl’s hand and stepped back freeing the girl.

 

“It’s okay, who would’ve keep loving a fool like me? I don’t deserve to be loved anyway.” He chuckled bitterly looking to the ground.

 

Heeyoung’s face softened seeing how sad and vulnerable her beloved is. “I’m scared.” She muttered looking to her feet. “I still do.” She added with a frown. “But I’m scared. I’ll just get hurt again.”

 

Jongin immediately looked up and saw Heeyoung almost in tears. He couldn’t take it any longer and charged the girl pinning her to the wall with their bodies closed to each other. Now, the two are gazing to each other’s eyes not daring to move an inch.

 

“Ready for the 5th question?” he asked and Heyoung nodded slightly. Jongin smiled and said “I know I did irreversible things and I hurt you so much. There’s no excuse for what I’ve done. And I don’t even know where to start, but I guess saying that I am really sorry and regretful of what I’ve done will be my 1st step, Daran-ah.” He told intertwining their hands.

“I lied about not loving you at all and cheating on you because I was angry with you; I wanted you to feel the pain you made me feel making the dumbest thing I’ve ever done in my life.” He continued. “I should have trusted you more and followed what my heart was telling me, that you’ll never do that thing to me.”

 

“I know, I did wrong and I don’t deserve you and you deserve to be happy, but my heart’s selfishness is taking over and it’s telling me that it couldn’t beat without you.” He said and put their intertwined hands in his chest. “I know there will be ups and downs and I won’t recommend that we’ll always be happy, but I’ll do my best to make you the happiest woman alive and love you as long as this heart could beat.” He promised as a tear escaped his eye expressing his sincerity.

 

“Will you take me back Lee Daran, Kwon Heeyoung?” he directed the last question, looking at the girl with eyes full of hope.

Heeyoung stared at Jongin for a while, to his dark brown soft hair, to his perfectly shaped nose, his kissable and sweet lips, his long eyelashes, his coarse eye brows and to his brown alluring eyes. She could also feel his heart beat from her hand that it on his chest.

 

 

 

 

 

*Please let me go back to you.*