The share holders

My secret (내 비밀)

 

 

*Please get well soon grandpa. I can't lose you. Not you too. I've lost too many things already.* she cried silently holding her grandpa's hand.

 

"Grandpa, your Heeyoung is here now. I'm sorry for coming late." she mumbled to the old man. "Please don't get sick anymore." she pleaded and placed her grandpa's hand on her cheek.

"Grandpa, I learned a lot of things while I'm away. I learnt how to cook, iron clothes, wash clothes and fell in love." she told. "But I learned to hurt and to be hurt too." she bitterly smiled.

"I got played at, by the boy I loved and sacrificed a lot for him." she told as tears kept on flowing. "I also made things complicated for Kris. He didn't do anything but he's now suffering because of me." she continued.

"What should I do grandpa?" she asked the sleeping old man.

 

Then a light knock was heard from the door. It was Amanda.

"Young miss it's already late. Please get some rest. We'll keep an eye on the president for you. Please rest." she said.

 

Heeyoung stood up and placed a kiss on her grandpa's forehead then went to her room. She closed the door of her room and looked at the room.

 

*I missed this place.* she smiled and decided to take a quick shower.

 

After that shower, she laid on her bed and a million thoughts flashed in her head: Everything that's happening to her. Her grandpa is sick. They're about to lose their own company because of some traitors. Kris' company's going bankrupt and it's Jongin's doing. And the most painful one is that Jongin confessed was just toying with her all these time.

All these things lingered at her head as a tear slipped out her eye rolling to her temple. Anger, sadness, guilt and agony filled her mind, heart and spirit.

 

*I won't let anyone take anything away from me anymore.* she promised herself and fell asleep.

 

Morning wakes and she's now preparing for the meeting. After taking a glance at her weak sleeping grandpa, she went to the company. Her expression was blank together with a cold aura slipping out of her body.

As soon as she arrived, her grandpa's secretary greeted her at the entrance.

 

"Good morning Ms. Kwon. The meeting is starting in a minute. Please come this way." she said and led Heeyoung to the room.

 

Heeyoung bowed as a greeting while the board's greeting was heterogenic. Some smiled at her attendance while others gave her a cold look.

 

"Good to see you Ms. Kwon." Mr. Park greeted the out of place heiress.

"Now that the heiress is here, let the meeting begin." Mr. Choi said. Heeyoung took the presidential seat and flashed them a smile.

"Before anything, I'd like to introduce myself properly." she said and stood up. "I'm the Kwon's heiress, daughter of Jiyoung and Sandara Kwon. Kwon Heeyoung inmida." she bowed.

The others smiled while the others scoffed and some were just listening.

 

"We know that Ms. Kwon." Mr. Yoo said. A grumpy middle aged man in charge of the human resources.

"Now, this meeting is to discuss who shall be the next CEO." he changed the subject.

"Since the Kwon's heir still haven't finished her test. I won't recommend her leadership." he said frantically.

"But we she's almost done with it. And it is obvious that she'll graduate, taking the 1st rank in the whole school." Mr. Park argued.

"But that doesn't mean she could run a company by just graduating high school. Some procedures are needed after that." Mrs. Go said eying Heeyoung. "I can't risk all I have to just one high schooler." she added.

"Heeyoung could easily do the procedures and the course now. She's a wise girl and all of you know it as we all monitored her test." Mr. Choi countered.

"Yes. Indeed, even having a relationship with a Kim. Smart move Ms. Kwon." Mr. Xi, her uncle, complemented. "We could use a connection to a big company as Kim's." he added innocently.

 

This uncle of hers didn’t inherit the Kwon’s brains. He’s the black sheep of the family but Heeyoung’s family treated him well.  

 

*What?! They all know what I have been doing all this time!* Heeyoung's eyes widened.

 

"Anyway, I won't mind if my niece runs the company. After all genius genes runs in our family and my Luhan is too lazy to become a CEO." Mr. Xi shrugged.

"I'm against it." Mrs. Go said. "I won't let my hard work go to waste." she said with Mr. Yoo agreeing.

"I'm with them. I want a secure and firm rock to lean on." Mr. Zhang, a young Chinese, in charge of the Chinese branches said.

And soon the room was full of arguing board members.

 

Heeyoung sighed loud enough for all to hear.

 

 

 

 

*This is going to be a looooonnng meeting.*