New life

My secret (내 비밀)

The next morning started early. The maids helped you pack your things and your grandpa's last gift, was a rented moving truck for your things since all of your money got spent already with school stuffs and first payment with the house. Your eyes roamed around the room for the last time and you went out of your room to be greeted by the sad employees in line not to greet you ‘good morning’ but to bid you ‘goodbye’.

Amanda and the other maids were silently sobbing while the butlers, chefs, chauffeurs, gardeners and Richard had sad expression plastered on their faces.

 

You passed by them as they bowed and chorused "We'll wait for you young lady."

Touched by their loyalty, you bowed back and smiled brightly. "I'll be going now." You told them, just like the same way you'd tell them before you go to school. It comforted their sad hearts and yours too because it sounded like you're really just going for a short while and will surely go back soon.

 

You took your last luggage and gave your grandfather an assuring smile before giving him a hug. "I'll be going now grandpa. Please take care of yourself and don’t skip meals." you said and the old man hugged you back, holding back his tears just like what you were doing.

"Make me proud Hee Young-ah." he managed to say and nodded hugging him tighter for a little bit longer before finally finding the strength to pull back.

"I'll get going now." you said and the old man nodded.

"Get back safely, my grand daughter." He said and you gave him a smile before turning back and walked away. You got into the moving truck and waved the others goodbye as the driver started the engine and drove their way out. 

 

As you drove your way out of the mansion, the smile plastered on your face slowly became a frown and turned into a cry. The driver silently drove, glancing at you pitifully and secretly cheered on you whatever you're going to go through from now on.

 

Leaving hit you with full force once you got all your things in your small apartment and you cried hard. But despite of the sadness you've been feeling, you still did your best and started unpacking. Remembering your days inside the mansion with your family and servants.

It took you a day to settle in. Sure, most of your things were still in a box but you were getting there little by little. At least, your clothes and kitchen are all settled.

It was already evening when you decided to go grocery shopping and then get ready for your first day of work. Work starts at six thirty. It started earlier than school since school starts tomorrow and your schedule will be going to school until 5 pm and start work at six thirty.

 

Eating in the mart was a first and it was a good experience for you. You didn't have the time to experiment cooking yet so you decided to eat fast food before going back to your apartment to get ready for work.

 

Luckily, you're familiar with beauty products because your mom used to be a model for cosmetic products and explained every single thing she promoted to you even though you don’t use it. It made your first day easier than expected and your co-workers were impressed by your knowledge.

You found yourself enjoying the job and before you knew it, it was time to close the shop. Your workmate taught you how to close the shop in your first day because starting from tomorrow; you'll be the one in charge of closing the store.

 

Work was fun but still, moving and going to work on the same day took a toll in our body and the moment your body got in contact with the bed, you fell asleep, dinner being the last thing in your mind.

tumblr_npjart8AZl1rkpf8mo5_500.jpg

When you thought everything was going on perfectly, life will surely do something to ruin it for you. You completely forgot about the uniform you have to wear in school. You asked for the price but forgot to actually separate the money to buy it and now you don't have any money to buy it. There was just too much things to think and it escaped your mind.

With anxiety of wearing jeans to school and a pout on your face because of your mistake, you went your way to school.

To say that it was embarrassing and awkward to attend school without wearing a uniform was an understatement. You felt like melting and evaporating with the students gaze following you as you made your way to the director's office to explain your situation for not having a school uniform. Luckily, the director was kind enough to give you the uniform and let you pay for it 30,000 per month which you will be paying for the whole school year.

It was going to be a tough ride from now on but you shook your head from the negative thoughts and went to the restroom to finally change into your school uniform.

 

Rumours do spread faster than air because the moment you entered the school without wearing a uniform, the whole school already knew about you. Lee Daran, the transfer student who aced the scholarship entrance exam and a poor orphan who couldn't afford a school uniform. Pitiful huh?

You were already famous in your first day but you were kind of used to the attention even though the situation from back then was a little bit different. In the old days, people in your school would talk a lot about you too because of being the daughter of the famous Kwon family but now, they would talk about you because of being a daughter of no one. Others admired you and wanted to be you back then. But now, they still look at you, but with eyes full of disgust.

Now, you understand the difference and the inequality between rich and poor people. 

 

Just like the old times, you did your best to ignore the murmurings and went to an empty seat at the back. You fixed your things as you wait for the teacher to arrive but then a shadow covered the light that was coming from the widow making you look up.

 

There was a guy, a handsome one who was looking down at you in cold and expressionless eyes. 

Nervous, you gulped and looked back at him. "May I help you?" you asked and gasped silently when he leaned closer to you and smirked.

 

"That's my seat."

 

 

 

 

 

*I think I got trouble coming*