Kim Jong In

My secret (내 비밀)

"That’s my seat." he said and you, shocked at the lack of space you're getting from him, stood up nervously, taking you things with you.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know." you apologized with a bow and went to another seat but before you could even reach the said seat, someone tripped you that cause you to sweep the floor. Your things were scattered at the floor as you winced in pain coming from your knees. You looked around and saw everyone laughing at you and you saw the guy with a smirk on his face looking down at you as you sat on the floor.

"My bad, my legs were too long for this classroom." he shrugged and took his claimed seat like he didn't do anything wrong at all.

 

Not wanting to cause any trouble, you sighed and turned to gather your things without a word as the others watched you grinning. You did your best to ignore them, holding back the tears that was gathering at the corner of your eyes. The last thing to pick up was your phone, and you were about to reach it when you saw a foot stomp on it. Hard.

 

'CRAACCKK'

 

The whole class laughed as you watched your phone faultless phone broke before your eyes. It was another student who was laughing along as she enjoyed seeing your shocked face as she stomped on the gadget repeatedly.

 

"I'm sure she stole that phone anyway." One of the students said.

"I know, right? This isn't any k-drama where you can have the latest phone no matter how poor you are. Get real!"

"She's soo embarrassing. Have you heard the news? She couldn't afford the uniform so she asked to pay for it little by little."

"How could the director allow that? It's ruining the reputation of this exclusive school!"

“She’s so disgusting.”

“Look at her. How can she go to a school like this?”

“That’s a hard rock face to go to an exclusive school like this.”

 

You could even process the things they were throwing at you as you we to take the phone when the girl kicked it on her way but another foot stepped on it, almost stepping on your fingers.

 

"OOPS. What is your phone doing on the floor?" the guy said as he looked at the phone. 

 

You looked up and it was the same guy who made you trip. You glared at him and quickly took your broken phone and went to another vacant seat. Blinking away the tears that wanted to get out. You felt like crying about what happened to your phone but since you know that that people like them like seeing people suffer, you held back it back more, swearing to yourself not to cry in front of them ever.

 

Then, the teacher entered and checked the attendance for the class to know each other's names.

 

"Lee Da Ran" the teacher shouted and you responded politely while the other students grimaced at hearing her name while some socffed.

"Here."

 

The teacher took a glance at you. "Are you the scholar?"

You nodded and smiled, expecting a smile back just like what her past teachers do but she ignored you and looked away and continued on calling the others.

 

 

"Kim Jong In." She shouted and the one who broke your phone raised his hand passively.

Unlike the treatment she received, the teacher gave that horrible guy a smile. "Mr. Jongin. Let's work better this year okay?" the teacher said to him softly and you almost scoffed at the favoritism. 

 

The class was fine and you were contented to the level of the academics, at least. The teacher explained the subject flawlessly and gave them already a homework before ending the class earlier in celebration of starting the school year.

You took the opportunity to roam the school and found the canteen. You weren't expecting to get greeted by glares though so you chose not to stay there and went to the roof top instead. You stared at the view during the whole break and then went back to class, hoping it'll all go quickly so you can go to work and end this tiring day.

That night, you ended up eating noodles, with your phone broken, you couldn't research on how to cook. 

 

You looked at your phone as you thought of calling your grandpa and tell him your experience. But since your phone is broken, you just washed up and went to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*You can do it Hee Young.*