That Lovely Spring 15 [Final 3.3]

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

3.3

 

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[New York Times Building]

 

Seohyun put the glasses of water on top of the table, after having a drink. Her mood, it suddenly swayed. Because she remembers something has never been told.

 

It’s not necessary anymore.

 

Give yourself a break. After all, if you guys still meant to be, there’s always the time for the both of you.

 

And, you guys are still young, focus on pursuing your dreams first. Yoona will do the same. Isn’t it more important today?

 

 

“I wonder if Yoona has already know we are not related?” She mumbles to herself, after she remembered, her talked she had with Grandma Im.

 

“Alone?” Seohyun looked up, interrupted by a voice. Yet, it only made her smile to the person, sitting next to her.

 

“When did you come back?” she asked her, happily. It’s the tan girl, she’s always with, every time she’s having a project.

 

“Oh? 2 hours ago. I was here earlier, but I found out you were not still around, so I walk around the street of New York. How ‘bout you? How’s the trip?” Yuri casually asked, stealing Seohyun's glass of water.

 

The younger girl grabs her glass immediately, and says, "There's a lot of water out there, Yuri. Go get your own. Not mine." 

 

Yuri just chuckle, messing Seohyun's hair a little before she left instead. Seohyun smiled briefly, having her drink of water once again. Scanning her surroundings, she finally noticed that the ballroom is starting to be filled with guests. She noticed also, not all are americans, there are some asians and europeans as well. That made her sneered, finding herself the same place with the others. It's only once in a lifetime, how lucky she is to be part of the said event. Not to mention, New York Times.

 

Glancing back to Yuri's side, she frowned when she saw her carrying loads of plates on her arms.

 

"Yah! what are these?!" exclaimed, her.

 

Yuri just giggle, reaching on their table and quickly started her meal. "Let's eat, brunch?" she offered.

 

"You did not eat, on the way here?" Seohyun is more than surprised.

 

"Hmm, yeah~ I just can't get too excited, right? haha!" Yuri laugh, catching some few of the guests' attention, in which Seohyun face palmed. After just declaring their relationship will only be friends, this tan girl seemed so comfortable with her even more.

 

"Yuri, I regretted why I invited you to come over." She muttered.

 

The tan girl just didn't react, eating vigorously now in front of Seohyun.

 

"Whatever. Wait—Excuse  me. I need to do some retouch." said Seohyun, standing on her feet and left the table she shared with Yuri casually.

 

The tan girl, couldn't help and shake her head, watching Seohyun walking away. "I can't believe she really did dress up for this." It's unbelievable for her that Seohyun did wore a one black piece dress. Yet, as she glances to some guests, she realized it's not bad at all. Not to mention, they're all much revealing.

 

She shrug the thought after awhile, and mind her own food.

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

Seohyun who had left the ballroom, proceeds to the rest room. She put her small shoulder bag on the counter, and brought her make up out of it. Then, as she start to apply a foundation on her cheeks, she was interrupted by a ringing sound on her bag. Casually, she put the foundation aside, and search for her mobile phone. It was then she realized, the caller is her grandmother. She didn't mind at all and casually lef the rest room. Instead, she proceeds to a wide glass wall, overlooking the city of New York.

 

"Grandma?" answered her, on the phone.

 

[Joohyun, you've heard about it?] Grandma Seo's voice sounded breathless. 

 

She knew it well, of course. 

 

"That... Yoona is in New York? Yup." She simply said.

 

[Oh! so you've seen her?]

 

"On my way. Grandma... Yoona doesn't know yet, right?" Seohyun wanted to assure, if no one from her family tried to talk to Yoona for the past 2 years. 

 

[Yes. Yeong, never mentioned it also, Honey. And so as the family. I'm sorry that I just know... Yeong has prevented you to see her. I should have talk to her, in regards to this. Tch, for 2 years. I'm really sorry Honey.]

 

"No It's Okay, Grandma. It was all for the best... and I've... realized... it's indeed a good decision. Aigoo, my concerned right now is not about that. My concerned is today. I don't know if... Yoona will believe me. And... how would she react? If I'll tell her. Grandma, it's 2 years. She thought we are cousins. And I bet, the reason why she never visited me in the mansion is because of this, too. " Seohyun has a groan of frustration, thinking it over again. It anxious her, well.

 

[I know. Wait, let me know if you two we'll see each other again, Okay? I'll try to explain about this.]

 

Seohyun paused, thinking for a moment. But when she end up with one decision. "I'll tell her, myself. No need to help me."

 

[Are you sure?]

 

"hmm... yeah?" Seohyun softly uttered

 

[Okay. Just give me a call if it's not Okay there. Take care, Honey.]

 

"You too, Grandma." Seohyun smiled, bringing her phone back to her shoulder bag. She sighed heavily once again, staring in dazed, to the city before her eyes. Once again, the excitement of seeing the doe-eyed girl within the day has build up, when the topic of Yoona has brought. 

 

"Tch, she told me she will call? Now where is it now?" mumbles her, turning her body around, ready to leave. However, she stop her plans. Her eyes widened a little, noticing someone who is dress up in a white outfit, like a chef. She was with some other chefs, walking dangerously towards where she is standing. Yes, she knows her. It's totally Yoona--That made her froze on her spot.

 

On the other hand, The doe-eyed girl was happily getting along with the others when she stop speaking because she spotted someone, standing ahead them. Eyes are on hers, didn't even stirred away from her. She tried to ignore, but when she's getting closer and closer, she couldn't help and stared back at her. A biting of lip can be seen from her, as she hold the beat of her heart.

 

But at the time they're only three steps away, she diverted her eyes from elsewhere and passes at the younger casually. She didn't missed to hold her breath, when that familiar scent made through her nostril. Nor, didn't she missed having a quick glance at her before she has passed on her successfully.

 

She's so wanted to stop so she could talk with her, or anything, but she didn't. She let her two legs keep on walking until they stopped, in front of a door, separating them from the ballroom.

 

She glance back at the hallway they passed. It only made her miss her more.

 

She couldn't hold it any longer. She her back and jogs back to the hallway they passed.

 

It wasn't too late.

 

She found Seohyun still standing in front of that wall,  without even moving an inch.

 

"Tch, Aigoo. Why do I need to pretend? You know too well my heart." Yoona cooly said, approaching slowly her former lover's place.

 

Seohyun's head instantly tilted to the source of the voice. "Yoona... " But only to frowned, watching the doe-eyed coming back. She thought she would only ignore her presence.

 

"I was suppose to call you, but I almost forgot, I'll be serving the event. So... I said to myself, it's not necessary anymore. We'll meet eventually." Yoona said, placing her two hands under her pocket. "You changed your outfit... Goddess." praises her, can't help and gulped at the expose legs of the younger girl. Not to mention, her height, that got taller as well.

 

"You look so cool, in that outfit... Yoona. My pastry Chef?" Seohyun giggles quitely, couldn't help and flush at Yoona's admiration. She took a deep breath, wanted to say something again, but Yoona has already pulled her for a hug. Her tongue retracted, instead, she allows her heart, feeling the warmth that Yoona has created. She goosebumps, as Her two arms wrapped around Yoona's neck, automatically, pulling her for a tight hug. For a tight longing embrace she's been missing a lot.

 

"Thinking about you only makes me miss you more." Yoona whispered in Seohyun's ears, inhaling silently her scent. "You've grown so well, my angel."

 

Seohyun couldn't find the words to say. The mixed emotions she is suddenly experiencing prevented her to form any words. It was undeniable. She just missed her so much; her presence, and all... what else that she needs to say? 

 

Instead, she let her tear drops in the corner of her eyes. She holds on her, as if her life depends on the doe-eyed girl's body.

 

Yoona felt the girl's tightness, which made her rub her back, softly.

 

"I'm sorry... for leaving you-"

 

"Shshsh... don't talk... Yoona, today matters most to me." Seohyun cut Yoona's words. She breathed heavily against Yoona's chest, can't hold back the tears, that was already dropping in Yoona's shoulders.

 

Yoona can sense it. The girl in her arms is being emotional. She never thought it could be like that. She herself is emotional. But she holds it back. She wanted to put a smile, instead of showing how much more emotionally she misses her a lot.

 

Sensing that it's gotten out of hand, and she might ruin her makeup, Yoona pulled back, cupping her cheeks and wipe the tears off from the girl.

 

"Babe, why are you crying?" she chuckles. "Aren't you happy? We meet again."

 

"Yeah, but it took 2 years, Yoona." Seohyun sniffled. "Don't you think it's easy?"

 

Seohyun pulled Yoona yet again for another endless hug. 

 

"Don't ever let go of me, anymore." she whispered, huskily.

 

"There is a spot in my heart that will never belong to anyone else... but you. I will never try to leave you anymore. I had enough for the 2 years we've been apart." Yoona sincerely whispered, holding endlessly the girl in her arms. "But... "

 

Seohyun sensed, Yoona paused. She pulled back, staring blankly, so close to Yoona's doe-eyes. She can see it through, Yoona wanted to continue her words. 

 

"What is it?" Seohyun is caressing Yoona's cheeks, can't hold it and kiss her cheeks for twice. Yoona smiled at her actions, but it disappears once again, as she turned serious.

 

"Are you willing... to fight with me? I mean... I promised to myself... the next time we meet again, we're not going to allow any hindrance anymore. Babe, I am-"

 

"You mean, you are talking about our-"

 

"Oh, Joohyun! There you are!"

 

Yoona and Seohyun both their heads to source of the voice. Hastily, Yoona let go from her hold over Seohyun's waist, but she hold her hand, automatically. As they paid their attention to the tan girl that stopped in front of them not long after.

 

"Oh, I see this is coming. Joohyun? Would you mind... " Yuri utters, staring at Seohyun. But referring to the girl next to her.

 

Seohyun  smiled. "Um, yeah. Sorry. Yoona this Yuri, my best friend and... Yuri, this is Yoona-"

 

"Im Yoona, Seohyun's girlfriend." Yoona proudly held out her hand for a shake hand, using her free hand. "Nice to meet you." she flash her a friendly smile.

 

"What?!" Seohyun was caught off guard. Just when did Yoona declared they're back? She hasn't talked about their relationship.

 

"Nice to meet you too." Yuri chuckles, shaking Yoona's hand. She has a quick glance to their intertwined hands, which made her tightened her hold. But before she could assume, she'll win, Yoona held her back, tighter. "Ahhh!" which made her pulled her hand off, immediately.

 

"Yuri? what's wrong?" Seohyun ask, after the quick, scream from the tan girl.

 

"No It's Okay. Your 'girlfriend' just seemed welcome me more, than you." Yuri snickered, scratching the back of her neck.

 

"Tch, whatever." Yoona suddenly said, before she suddenly cupped Seohyun's face and make her eyes on her. Their faces are inches apart, a reason for Yuri scoffs of the scene before her eyes. 

 

"What are you doing? Yuri is here." Seohyun complained. She held Yoona's wrists, wanting to pull it off from her cheeks. But Yoona is holding her in place, not even letting her from moving an inch.

 

"Babe, You need some retouch. The event is going to start in a couple of minutes. Hmm?" Yoona charmingly smiled, taking a peck at Seohyun's lips and let go of her.

 

"Yeah, it seems you need to have some, Hyun." Yuri supported Yoona's words, realizing that her eyes were seemed red a little.

 

Seohyun also remembered, she hasn't gone back to the rest room. Agreeing, she nods her head and excuse herself casually from the two girls. Yoona who is watching the younger leaving their place, slowly but instantly looked back to the tan girl. She hasn't seen her. Yes, she definitely doesn't know a thing about the girl.

 

"Yuri? How old are you?" silly, but she asks eventually.

 

"25. How 'bout you?" Yuri chuckled, amused.

 

"Oh, the same. So Seohyun is 24 now." Yoona nod her head, looking away from the tan girl.

 

"You. Seohyun told me about your story with her. So... does this means... you are coming back to her life?" Yuri curiously wanted to know. As far as she can remember, Seohyun has mentioned about Yoona's promise of continuing their love once they'll meet again. 

 

Yoona looked back to Yuri, with a proud smile. "It's... never too... late... right? I mean, It's only 2 years... she... wasn't mad at me about this, does she?" yet, she was a little anxious talking about how she left her 2 years ago.

 

"Hmm... believe me or not... your girl... she's not the type of a girl that would hold grudges. Although I've seen her disappointed and hurt, she has learned a lot from what happened. She must be so happy right now, meeting you again." Yuri said, proud also to herself, that she's in Seohyun's side, always. Never did she miss Seohyun's everyday life.

 

Yoona can see it through Yuri's eyes. She has a big part of her lover's life as well. In which, she can't help and felt a little regret that she wasn't in Seohyun's side. When she needed someone, the most. But, it was all done. All she could think right now is the present. She'll make it better for them now. 

 

"Don't worry, I will not hurt her anymore." Yoona said, determined.

 

"We'll that's good." Yuri simply answered, shrugging her shoulders.

 

"Um, Excuse me. I need to go. Please kindly informed Seohyun, I'll call her later." Yoona added, can't stay any longer. She then bowed a little and leave Yuri alone in the whole.

 

The tan girl simply look back at Yoona's back, sighing in relief. "I almost thought she could be like others. Seohyun, you made the right choice." 

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

Nicole was came to a stop, right behind the doe-eyed girl, when she noticed her, peeking behind the curtain that separated them from the ballroom. It has been a while since they serve the snacks for the guests, yet, the doe-eyed is still seen gawking around.

 

“Yah! what are you doing here?!” Nicole poked behind.

 

“Oh gosh, Nicole. I still can’t believe.” Yoona mumbled.

 

“Believe what?”

 

“Joohyun is here, and is… pursuing her dreams.” Yoona answered back, eyes are still too focus to a girl not far away, taking some notes while the speaker is doing it’s thing in front of them.

 

“You mean, being a writer?”

 

“Yeah~”

 

“Then what about you?”

 

Yoona paused, and looked back at Nicole. “What do you mean?”

 

“Your love for art is still there, I know. But what is this? You are a chef, because your grandma wanted you to be?” Nicole reminded the doe-eyed.

 

“Nada. Grandma didn’t ask me this, Nicole. It’s my decision. It’s Okay. I’m happy doing like this.” Yoona said simply, going back her attention to the ongoing conference.

 

“You really love your grandmother, aren’t you?”

 

“Of course~ How do you suppose to expect me—abandoning my grandmother? Never. She’s one of the person why I am still here, standing.” Yoona giggles, finding it cheesy for the first time. Oh well, it’s weird when she talk sweet—about her grandmother, she always pranked.

 

“Have you… ever think of your real grandmother?” Nicole once again made Yoona looked at her with the mention of Grandma Seo.

 

“You think I’m a bad granddaughter? For the past 2 years, I always reject her every offer. Including visiting my angel. Aigoo, but I never had regrets. I’m a chef now, which I could seriously proud to present to the Seo Family.” Yoona smiled, beaming with the effort she took just to get what she is right now. Thanks for her inspiration—Seohyun, she has come this far. It’s enough for her to show to the Seo Family that love can make someone’s life, better. That love can never be wrong.

 

“Yoona, just a reminder, always be humble...”

 

“I am not forgetting that. I just want to fight for us. For Seohyun and I. I will make this happen.” Yoona sneered once again, couldn’t think of any negative thoughts anymore.

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

A few hours had passed. Yoona saw herself in front of the New York Times building, pacing back and forth. A couple of minutes ago, she sent a message to Seohyun, saying that, she's waiting in front of the building, with her car, ready to take them. In any minute, she can see it, her girl will appear in front of her. Yet, for the meantime, she needed to remember all the things she has done earlier as well. So she could have a perfect night with her.

 

After a while of waiting, she found herself, staring so lovingly to a gorgeous girl, walking closer and closer towards her. But to her dismay, it's not only her. Yuri is with her, for some reason she couldn't tell.

 

"So where are you taking us?" Yuri ask, sooner they stop in front of her.

 

"Babe, she's coming with us? I thought I texted you, Only... the two of... Us!" Yoona can't help and complain.

 

Yuri chuckles. "Relax, I'm just kidding. I have my ride as well."

 

"Aish. I almost thought. So, shalle we?" Yoona offered Seohyun, opening the car's door.

 

Yet, before Seohyun could comply, she turned to the tan girl. "Are you sure you are not coming with us?"

 

"Yes. I've said it earlier. It's better if you only. Besides, I'm sleepy. I need to have my nap now. I'll just see you back at the hotel." Yuri yawns, as she spread her arms widely in front of the younger. Seohyun knew well, and give Yuri a hug. "Take care, Yuri."

 

To which, Yoona can't help and stomp her feet, intentionally. Seohyun and Yuri immediately pulled away, giggling.

 

"Your girlfriend seemed jealous." Yuri utters.

 

"I know right?" added Seohyun.

 

"Yah! you are coming with me, or not?!" Yoona unintentionally put her voice high, a little impatient. Both girls she is referring turned to face her, with grins on their faces.

 

"Okay, Ma'am." Complying, Seohyun reach Yoona's cheeks a caress it for a quick before she finally went inside the car. Yoona sighed, and closing the door for the younger. But before she could even run to the driver's seat, she sent Yuri a glare and gradually took over the driver seat. Not long after, she drive them off, leaving Yuri in the side.

 

"That girl. She can easily be jealous." Yuri yawns once again. As then, she realized, her ride has arrived. "This is going to be fun, sleeping." she giggles, stepping in to her black honda civic.

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

In the car, Yoona who was driving still can't get over with what she saw. For instance, it suddenly made her jealous. Thinking that it was Yuri who was there in Seohyun's side while she is not in her side, it anxious her. She doesn't actually how to start their relationship again. Yeah, she acted cool, but deep inside, it worries her. It worries her in the sense that, her mind knows they're cousins. They're blood related. 

 

"Aish! Why am I thinking like this." And no matter how much she wanted to stay positive, there's always a time she thinks negative. If only they are not related, her mind would not be like this. But the truth, is truth. She can't deny that. She can't change the truth. 

 

Seohyun who is next to the doe-eyed, slowly reach for Yoona's hand, and held her in place. As if, she can see her through, those jealousy across her face.

 

"Yoona, there's no need to worry about. Yuri is a friend." she assured her, with a great smile. "Relax Okay?"

 

Yoona tilted her head to the right, pouting in the process. "I can't help not to. 2 years, Babe. It's still-" before she could even continue her words, the younger put a finger in her lips, shutting her.

 

"Yes, she was there... when you are not in my side, but look... can't you see? I'm here, coming back again to your life, no matter how much you think it over. It was you who said, that we should be happy, coz finally, we meet again. And you promise, you'll never leave me anymore."

 

Yoona's lips curled into a happy smile. She stop the car for a traffic, but it was an excuse for her only to leaned forward and kiss Seohyun's lips without warning.

 

"Yah!" Seohyun literally smack Yoona's arms for doing the thing.

 

The doe-eyed girl giggles, can't help and pinch Seohyun's cheeks. The latter glared at her, as if she doesn't like it.

 

"Hehe... "

 

"Aish. Something has never change." Seohyun mumbles, looking away from the young chef and look outside. Yoona took the upportunity and intertwined Seohyun's fingers with hers.

 

"Like you told me, I will be holding this forever, starting from now, Babe." Yoona whispered, pecking at Seohyun's cheeks.

 

"Chessy." Seohyun just mumble.

 

"But that depends on you. If you would let me." Yoona adds, catching Seohyun's attention on her. "You know, our family doesn't still know this. They will surely be the one to react later, they'll know abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter