Never Been Kissed 14

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Double Threat

 

 

 

"Sssstoooooop."

 

Instantly, Seohyun stopped. Yoona also did so, as she almost hit the latter's back, due from the fast run they had. 

 

"What were you thinking?!" The doe-eyed hissed, can't figure why they're searching for an exit door for about 5 minutes now - whilst, there's an entrance door they could use freely. "Are you playing around again?"

 

Seohyun deeply exhale as she pointed to the exit door, she's sighting. "It's there. We don't have so much time to talk, Teacher Im."

 

Yoona's eyebrows creased, as she tilted her head. Seohyun can no longer waste time and pulled the doe-eyed again with her. As they entered the hall, they're greeted by the students and coaches from different school, walking and chattering. 

 

"The event is about to happen. No more time to explain." said Seohyun, as she continue to drag the doe-eyed teacher with her. Along the way, she scan the hall, trying to search the Dermonitors members. Yoona, she also did, couldn't seem to argue with Seohyun anymore. Besides, there's still later - that's if, she's still interested to hear her explanation. Nevertheless, she knows she's a weird student - she shouldn't be surprise.

 

Finally spotting the members of Dermonitors, both immediately greeted them.

 

"So when is this starting?" ask Seohyun, excited, yet, nervous at the same time after seeing her college dean earlier. If she's not wrong, he must be part of the committee. 

 

"In 15 minutes, Seohyun. Glad you are here now. Can I get your ID? They're asking for it."

 

"Um, of course." Seohyun brought her id out from her pocket and give it to Krystal right away. The younger one walked away to give her id to the committee.

 

"Let's have a seat first, Teacher Im." Suho offered, as he pulled two chairs on their table. Yoona and Seohyun complied, as they sat down together with Suho and Minho.

 

In the opposite side, they can all see tables for every schools, preparing for the event happening later; others are reviewing, while others are just relax. Yoona's team is not an exemption as Minho and Suho are both opening books to review. Whilst, Seohyun's eyes couldn't be in place. She keep on looking around, trying to make sure that no figure from her dean would be around. At the midst of it, she can also hear the voices from her co-writer, advising her to keep her calm, telling her to focus on the quiz bowl, but at the same time, be alert. Of course, they all don't want someone to ruin her mission.

 

"Hey, who are you looking?" Yoona noticed, and asked her student through a whisper.

 

Seohyun almost jump in surprise upon hearing the voice, so close to her ears. She tilted her head and was relieved that it was just the doe-eyed. "Oh, Teacher Im... I thought of someone else."

 

"You thought of someone else?" 

 

Seohyun frantically wave her hand in front of Yoona. "N-No... No... I was saying, no one."

 

"Hm?" Yoona's eyebrows creased, a litt confuse with Seohyun's words.

 

"Aigoo." Seohyun dropped her hands and shook her head. "I was just a little surprised when you suddenly whispered to me."

 

"Oh. But why are you looking around earlier? I thought you are looking for someone." still curious, Yoona casually reach for a glass of water on the table and have a sip on it.

 

"Nah, It's nothing. It's just I thought I saw a friend."

 

"Hmm, I see. Well, I just felt weird." Yoona said, aussuredly.

 

Seohyun sighed and also reach for a glass of water on the table. She smiled to see Minho is discussing to Suho. Yoona also smiled when she realized Seohyun is staring to the two boys. She elbowed her, just to gain her attention again.

 

"Hm?" Seohyun hum, as she tilted her head to Yoona.

 

"You should join them too." 

 

"I will, later when Minho is already finish." Seohyun softly replied, reaching the glass again to have another drink. Yet, she couldn't help and feel her stomach growling. She had no breakfast, which cause her stomach groan.

 

"You have reviewed last night, weren't you?"

 

"Yes, teacher Im."

 

"That's good." Yoona nodded, satisfied with the younger girl's answer. She, who is sitting next to her student and a possible lover, couldn't contain the happiness, every time she can see her. That smile on her face, never did left. But she couldn't still forget, how disappointed she is for being so late. Nevertheless, she came on time, before the event will start.

 

Krystal finally came back with a paper on her hand. And in that moment, an MC stood in the stage, announcing the start of the quiz bee.

 

"Take a look of the guidelines coaches. Every policy there should be consider as we start this game." The MC said through a microphone, that echoes throughout the hall. "Are we ready now?!"

 

"Yes!!!" Students and their respective coaches all cheered as a response.

 

"Without further ado, let me guys welcome you to Seoul's National Quiz Bowl! Let the battle begin!"

 

In that very moment, every students all gather with their respective group and coaches give their last words to each member.  

 

On the other hand, Gwangju High School is not an exemption.

 

"Krystal and Seohyun, take all the leads in English, Geography and History. Minho and Suho, you guys lead the Math and Science. Remember, don't hurry... think of it but be alert with the time limit. Hm?" Yoona advised.

 

All of them nodded their heads as a response.

 

"That's good. Now give me a group cheer." Yoona stretch her arm to the front, which also made the others towered her hand. "Gwangju High School, Fighting!"

 

"Fighting!" chorused Seohyun, Krystal, Minho and Suho. As then, they all give Yoona a group hug for about a minute, before they all climb to the huge stage in front of them. Consequently, it was followed by other groups from the other schools.

 

Yoona clap her hands, as she watches her group taking their seats to the stage. Same is going on with the other coaches around her. While she's too focus to her students, especially to Seohyun, she didn't noticed someone stood next to her, not until she heard his voice.

 

"Teacher Im of... Gwangju High School?"

 

Yoona's head instantly turned to the source of the voice. "Excuse me?" Her eyebrows furrows to the taller person next to her, wearing in his white and black suit. 

 

"It's Professor Choi, Seoul University Dean of the College of Journalism and Communications... and one of the organizer of this event." Siwon stretch his hand out introducing himself.

 

"Oh, how are you doing? Nice to meet you." Yoona obliviously just shake the hand of the handsome college dean of Seou University. She can't help but smile to him afterwards.

 

"I'm Okay. Pretty good." Siwon flash a friendly smile to Yoona. "How 'bout you?"

 

"Oh... same as you. I'm totally fine." Yoona flash an alligator smile. 

 

Siwon nodded, as he turned to the stage where the contest is going on. "But... are you going to be fine if I may ask about that bangs girl... sitting next to another younger girl?"

 

"Hm? Who are you talking about?" Yoona's head immediately turned to the stage, couldn't get the latter's words. 

 

"That girl who has her eyes on us, at this very moment." Siwon giggled silently. Apparently, Seohyun is sending him a knowing glare.

 

"Oh, You are talking about Seo Joohyun?"

 

Siwon confidently nodded. "Yep." 

 

"You know her?"

 

"Well... of course. I've known her ever since this world began." she joked, chuckling at the same time.

 

Yoona frowned upon hearing Siwon's confirmation. "How - Are you related to her?"

 

Siwon was about to answer the doe-eyed girl's question, when,

 

"Ya! Mr. Choi!" a familiar voice coming from the stage stopped him. 

 

He and Yoona both turned to front, only to see Seohyun, climbing down the stage. Students and coaches are all watching her heavily leaving it. 

 

Just when Yoona was about to react, Seohyun had already rushes towards her and Siwon's place - dragging Siwon out of the hall.

 

Yoona stood immobile, speechless and flabbergasted. 

 

 

 

Outside, away from eavesdropper, Seohyun is talking with Siwon in a calm way. That was after Siwon give her time to breath and relax before she could rush everything in her mind.

 

"Okay, so did I really miss half of my life that I suddenly see you right now... going back to High School? Or was I dreaming at this moment?" Siwon sounded a little confuse, as he ask his student. Eyes on her, trying to read what was on the other side. But he seemed not good at reading, as he end up still confuse.

 

Seohyun sighed. "Alright, before you could ruin everything, I want you to know that I'm still Seo Joohyun. 25 years old, graduated as Suma Laude at Seoul University, class of 2000. Furthermore, I'm still the trouble maker you know... But... today... I'm Seo Joohyun. Seventeen years old... currently attending Gwanju High School because I'm in an undercover mission. Hear that Mr. Choi? I'm an undercover reporter, writing something about these high school students." she can't help but raise her voice, but in a whisper way.

 

Siwon's eyebrows creased, as he tried to understand. Yet, he still couldn't.

 

"Look if you still can't understand, I'm SONE Times-"

 

"Copy editor, right? Just when did you become a reporter?" Siwon interrupted, as he slowly understand the situation.

 

"Just recently. And this is my first assignment. So please... can I ask you to keep your mouth shut? You're going to ruin this if you will... " Seohyun can't able to finish her sentence.

 

"Oh, so that Teacher doesn't know."

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes out of annoyance. "She DOESN'T!"

 

"Hahaha! relax... I was just trying to understand everything." Siwon chuckled, totally amuse of his favorite student. "And this looks like... cool. Huh?"

 

"Cool, you say?" Seohyun lightly punch Siwon on his shoulders. "This isn't going to be rufus if you are going to ruin this!!!"

 

Siwon immediately put his hands over the younger girl's shoulders to prevent her from getting any harm. He grinned towards her, as she relax on his touch. 

 

"You are not going to tell her, please?" Seohyun is totally hopeless.

 

"I'm an avid fan of SONE Times work... so can I expect a spoil from this assignment?"

 

"NO!"

 

Siwon laughs so hard, whilst, Seohyun advances and punch his chest for multiple times, until the older got her two wrists and stopped her.

 

"Okay, I'm not going to ruin this. But in one condition." Siwon smirked towards Seohyun.

 

"What is it?" Seohyun pouted cutely.

 

"You owe me a dinner."

 

"What?! I don't have so much time!"

 

"No no no... you'll going out with me, tonight. Hm? After my class, pay me a visit in the University, Let's have dinner. You know, I just miss my favorite student." Siwon giggled, expectantly.

 

"Mr. Choi... I'm seriously busy!" Seohyun groan in protest. "You see, I have this, and then I'm still working my off every night - writing stuffs here and there. Don't you think it's easy as a reporter?"

 

Siwon crossed his arms near his chest, almost convinced, but, "Still you owe me a dinner. I want it this week, or... I could spill everything."

 

Seohyun sighed momentarily, couldn't argue anymore. As she turned her head behind Siwon's shoulder, she can see the doe-eyed, from the distance, looking for them. Freaking out, she keep on looking at Siwon then to her from the distance.

 

"Wae? What's wrong?" Siwon weirdly looked at his former student. He was about to turn, when he change his mind because he can hear that 'Teacher Im's voice already. And Seohyun's sweats are now visible, which means, she is getting closer to where they're standing.

 

"Seohyun-ah! Is that you?"

 

"Y-Yes! Teacher Im!" Seohyun replied, almost like she doesn't want to voice out. "What am I going to do? She will ask me about you." she's seriously freaking out now - couldn't contain as she shake her body involuntarily.

 

"I'll handle this. Relax, kiddo." Siwon snickered, totally enjoying his student.

 

Turning on his back, Siwon greeted Yoona with another friendly smile. But to his dismay, Yoona's attention was on his student.

 

"Seohyun? Why did you left? The contest is still going on out there!" Yoona exclaim once she stopped in front of them.

 

"Yes? Uh-"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter