Never Been Kissed 1

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

THEIR JOBS

 

 

 

 

"Yah! Jinwoon-ah! Wait up!" Seohyun catch up on the said boy, entering the lobby of their company. The latter stopped and turned to face her.

 

"Wae?"

 

Seohyun is breathing heavily, as she catch on her breath. She tried to speak, but none of her voice came out.

 

"Okay. Hold on. Take a deep breath." Amuse, Jinwoon instrusted his copy editor to do the same with him. "Breath in... breath out... " 

 

Seohyun did as Jinwoon told her. After a while, she's back on her self.

 

"So what?" Jinwoon crossed her arms near his chest.

 

"Did you check my story?"

 

"What story?" Jinwoon just obliviously asked. Actually, He and Seohyun attended the same College, so it's Okay for him Seohyun would talk to him like that. "I don't think I remember any?" He turned and consequently walked to the elevator. Seohyun followed him, behind.

 

"Yah! I did!" Seohyun slapped his arm. "Don't tell me-"

 

"I did check it. But Seohyun-ah... you're not a reporter. I can't pass that to President Kwon. Plus, you're a great copy editor, why don't you focus on that?"

 

"But Jinwoon!" Seohyun stomp her feet. "You know I've been... " she was about to continue her words when the metal door in the elevator parted, and both entered. That moment, she continued. "You know I've been telling you how much I wanted to be a writer. Please, do this for me? I thought you are my friend?"

 

Jinwoon scoffed, amusingly. "Seohyun, we are friends, of course... but not in this field. I mean, I know this field better than you do. I tell you, being a journalist is a mess. You can't do this!"

 

"Are you doubting my skills?"

 

"I am not telling you that. I'm just being like a friend who cares for you. And I am telling you, if you are going to continue, you'll regret."

 

Seohyun wasn't please with Jinwoon's words. "Let's see. Let's see it then." before she could even hear Jinwoon's answer, the door opens and employees entered. Jinwoon step away from Seohyun, and stood far from her. He can feel it, He pissed her off.

 

Seohyun, she clenched secretly under, as her mind is now running widely, imagining her editor, crying because she won it. She won him! With that thought, a devilish but adorable smile creep across her beautiful features.

 

Jinwoon, who can see his friend's reflection, frowned to see the latter smiling on her own. "She's really weird." he giggle, inside.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------

 

 

 

 

Sitting comfortably in her comfy leather chair, Seohyun check on her messages she got from her assistant again, and noted all the other things she needed to do. She then turned to her computer and opens a browser, where she search places that is best when it comes to summer season. Bali, Hawaii and Australia, caught her attention but none of it actually made her all excited. So she proceeds and finally she said, "Unnie will love this place." with that, she brought her phone out and text her sister.

 

To ChaeYoung Unnie:

Unnie, I think Ontario Canada is the best place to relax.

 

Within just a second, she received her response.

 

from ChaeYoung Unnie:

Oh, thank you Seobaby.

Okay, that'll be my destination.

Have a good working day~

 

Satisfied with her sister's message, she toss her phone on the side, and ready to start her work. However, Hyoyeon walked in with a big grin crossing her face. She smiled back and let her sit across her. The latter didn't even have a chance to start her 'blabber' about her boyfriend, when Jinwoon walked in and handed Seohyun a news paper.

 

"Looked who is in the front page."

 

Seohyun's eyes widened. "What the... I thought-"

 

"Yes. They got the story, which is suppose to be our 'next story' for our nex issue. And I'm thinking, someone has a leak about this." Jinwoon turned to Hyoyeon, who has a boyfriend from their competitor.

 

"What?! I didn't do anything."

 

"You know Alex is working here, why don't you ask him about how did this happened?" Jinwoon advised, as he knock Hyoyeon's forehead. The latter groaned.

 

"Are you accusing him?"

 

"Um, Jinwoon, Hyo-"

 

"Wae? Are you guilty with his work? Huh?! For all I know, He IS a thief!" Jinwoon coldly utters. There eyes are so intense. Seohyun immediately stood up from her seat and stood between them.

 

"I'll investigate about this. Don't worry about it anymore. I promise, we'll get that leakier." Seohyun promised, just the latter would calm down. Hyoyeon is just right behind her.

 

"Make sure of that. This girl is nothing good in this company." Jinwoon uttered, a little husky as she looked at Seohyun. Her eyes slowly calmed down and he had a little smile to her. "I have some 2nd thoughts. I'll try to pass your story to the President." He softly said, before he his back and walked away.

 

Seohyun and Hyo sighed in relief. But THE Seo Joohyun won't passed that.

 

"Yah! I told you to stop seeing that Dude!" as the youngest copy editor slapped Hyoyeon's shoulders. "Look, we are pretty mess up!"

 

"Oh God Seohyun. I can't even enter Jinwoon's office, how would I leak it?"

 

"Aish! Whatever! Let's just go back to our work." Seohyun groan frustratingly. She went back to her seat and put her attention back to the computer. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes as she walked out the room.

 

Sooyoung who is just outside the office, peek her head out on the door and shook her head. "Tsk,tsk,tsk... a great start to work."

 

 

At lunch time, Seohyun can't even have her lunch because she's busy editing and more stuffs, including tracing the records that was stored in Jinwoon's PC. The latter give her that permission to her, so she could investigate some changes that was made. 

 

It was 3pm now when she felt her stomach just give up. 

 

"Sooyoung-ssi!" But since she doesn't want to leave the office, she just called up her assistant.

 

The taller girl walked in, smiling at her.

 

"Can I ask for a favor? I haven't really eaten my lunch. And Um-"

 

"You want me to buy food for you?"

 

Seohyun helplessly, but sheepishly nodded. "Can you?"

 

"Sure!" Sooyoung showed her palms. As if asking for any money.

 

"I think I've handed you my change yesterday? Um, kindly use that?"

 

"Ne? Oh, s-sorry. Um, I actually use it to buy tickets for the next movie of Brad Pitt." Sooyoung admitted hesitantly.

 

"You did?" Seohyun exclaimed. "Sooyoung-ssi... " she whined, disappointingly. But somehow, it amuses her. Sooyoung is just too fond of that actor, eh? 

 

"Yes. Hehe. But I'll pay it back tomorrow. So, Uh... " Sooyoung moves her fingers, still waiting for a money to come.

 

Seohyun sighed. "Fine." as then, she rose from her seat and walked to her shoulder bag on a couch just next to her table. She took her purse and handed Sooyoung a bill right away. 

 

"Coming in a while." Sooyoung quickly left. But it didn't miss Seohyun's eyes, as she manage to see the latter's excited smile and the way she just sprinted out.

 

"Aish! This girl." she went back to her seat, and was about to continue her work when she heard her phone, ringing. She took a glance on it, only to see Jinwoon's name.

 

"Jinwoon-ah?!" answered her.

 

[The President will going to have a meeting later. Be sure to come at 5pm. By the way, you're going to like this.]

 

"Chincha? What-" Seohyun was agape once she heard the call just ended. "I wonder what's in his mind this time? Damn Jinwoon. He's unpredictable." she snickered, putting back her phone on the side, as she resume with her works.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------

 

 

 

 

Having had her lunch, Seohyun decided to have a little break. She entered the cafeteria of the company and bought two orders of chocolatte. Yet, even if she wanted to have a break, her left hand is holding a paper. It's one of the story of the company she can't leave in her table. She was back in the office when she passes at Hyoyeon's own office. Since she bought two chocolatte, she bought two chocolatte drinks, she thought of sharing the other to her.

 

"Knock.Knock." comes her knock on her open door. Hyo was interrupted of her work and lifted her gazes up to face her. "Um, Can?" Seohyun showed up the paper bag she's carrying on her right. Which contains the cups of chocolatte drink.

 

Hyoyeon smiled. "Of course. Make yourself at comfortable. Even if this isn't my house, my office." she giggle right at the end.

 

Seohyun took that as a cue and walked in. Hyo got up from her seat and meet Seohyun in the couch, which is next to her desk.

 

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier, Unnie." said Seohyun, as she shared the drink to the older. "I just, I don't know what to do. I mean, that story is really important. If the president will know about that, I'm pretty sure... Jinwoon has another reason to give me bunch of work for the next story. He exactly knows me when it comes to ideas."

 

Hyoyeon dramatically sent Seohyun a glare. But it immediately change to a big smile. "It's nothing. Well, it's honestly a way for me to realized Alex doesn't like me at all."

 

"Ne? What do you mean?" Seohyun took a sip of her drink.

 

"He texted me. He said sorry about the article He actually just leak to their writers. Aigoo, I really don't know how did he got it, but I feel like... it was when He visited me at night. Aish! I don't know."

 

"Tch, whatever it is. He still got the idea of the company. So what are you going to do now? Aren't you breaking up with him? Guys like him doesn't deserve your time! You see, I think he's just using you!" 

 

Hyoyeon chuckled at Seohyun's reaction. She felt sudden urge to pinch her cheeks or whatsoever. But she keep it in and said, "I'm breaking up with him, don't worry."

 

"That's good to know."

 

"Will It be Okay, though?"

 

"Okay, what?"

 

Hyoyeon raised her shoulders. "You know Jinwoon. He's going to fire me again if I tell him about this."

 

"I can talk to him. Or I can deal something with him if He ever fire you again." Seohyun has a suggestive smile, creeping across her beautiful features.

 

"Aigoo, here you are again, saving me from my work."

 

"That's why I told you to quit being such a... yeah..." Seohyun snickered, couldn't actually say the word. But she literally earned Hyoyeon's slapped on her shoulders. She laughs and the older also did the same.

 

"Hey girls!" The two just stopped their laughs when Jinwoon's voice came to echo their ears. Both turned to the door. There, their editor in chief, wearing his usual business suit. But He's wearing such a gorgeous smile, which is rare.

 

"Jinwoon?"

 

"I think I have my place in this office, too, right?"

 

Hyoyeon and Seohyun looked at each other and then to the latter. "Of course." as they both said.

 

"No. I was just kidding. I'm not here to chat. I'm here to inform about the meeting. It's already five. Come on." Jinwoon said, having a tight-lipped-smile before he walked away.

 

"Did you saw that?!"

 

"Hmm? What did I miss?" Hyoyeon curiously ask.

 

"He smiled at you."

 

"He did?"

 

Seohyun giggles. "He did. It seemed like He's Okay now, eh?"

 

"I don't know. You know He has a lot of character, Hyun." Hyoyeon shrugged her shoulders, as she sip on her drink.

 

"We never know. Like I said, He's a good guy. But yes, I have to agree. I just wonder why He did it to you, though." Seohyun really thought Jinwoon was looking at Hyoyeon.

 

"Well, let's follow the devil. Or else, we are both receiving his scold if we'll be late." Hyoyeon suggested, as she clean up the coffee table and Seohyun agreed, by standing up and wait for her friend. "Um, is this your paper?" 

 

"Oh yeah, thanks." Seohyun gratefully accepted the paper from Hyo.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

 

 

 

[Gwangju High School]

 

Yoona is in her last session of the day. Like as usual, she's standing in front of her class, discussing another topic.

 

"So who wants to explain the 2nd stanza?" and as usual, she'll be asking somebody from the class to explain it, after she had done explaining the first stanza of the poem. No one raise their hands, which means, Yoona have to call one student randomly. "I don't think all of you guys doesn't understand this English words, right? So I'll be calling one person. Hmm..." she began to scan the room. As she do this, she's walking in between rows of their seats. "I think Miss... Sulli can explain this." she stopped in front of her student's desk. "Miss Choi, kindly stand up."

 

The said student stood as what her teacher said. 

 

"Read the 2nd stanza and explain it to the class." Yoona casually added, as she walk back to the front. She then turned to the class, once she's back to her spot.

 

"E-every time... you talk to me... I feel speechless. Your voice is soft and sweet to me. It calms me in the worst of time." Sulli read aloud. Yoona just gesture her to continue. Meaning, the explanation. She wanted to hear Sulli's thoughts about the poem called 'Every time I see You', which is found in their textbook. 

 

Sulli took a deep breath and gather her thoughts about it, as she then opened to speak.

 

"This stanza. Um, it tells us that... whenever we are in our difficult times, there's this someone. A special friend perhaps that will... always be our hero, to calm us... in the worst of time."

 

"Hmm, good. Thanks Sulli." Yoona just flatly responded. The said girl smiled and sat back, satisfied with her answer.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter