Love Language 24

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

First Time?

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Am I crazy?"

 

Taeyeon's eyebrows slightly rise, upon hearing the question from Yoona. "What do you mean?" they are outside Doctor Jung's office, sitting in a bench side by side.

 

"That. Um, I save all of our conversations from the beginning 'till now." Yoona pointed to her phone, which is currently in Taeyeon's grasp. The older girl had borrowed her phone, after being caught conversing with Seohyun through their phone, silently.

 

"You must be crazy... for others... but to people who understands, Love, You are not." Taeyeon said, giving back the phone to its owner. "You know, sometimes, I thought of you and Seohyun as well."

 

"Hmm?" Yoona simply hum. Her eyes are on the phone's screen, as she scrolls down the messages from Seohyun and her.

 

"You know, I couldn't help and wonder... how did the both of you end up liking each other? I mean, it's unusual."

 

Yoona looked at Taeyeon. "Do you believe in... love... at-"

 

"First sight?"

 

"No. Love moves in mysterious ways." Yoona corrected.

 

"Eh?" Taeyeon's expression is puzzled.

 

"I don't know honestly how did I end up liking this girl, who should I suppose to hate because she's like my mother. It's still a mystery to me, however... the more I've talk to her, the more I see her, It's like... I don't know. There's something on her that I must have like the most, but I couldn't figure it yet."

 

"Tch, that's really understatement."

 

"No serious. I don't know why I'm behaving when it comes to her. It's like... If I hurt her, I would be the worst person on earth. ?"

 

"Weird, but You're like your mother."

 

Yoona smiled briefly. "Well, do I?"

 

"You definitely resembles her. But only if you are serious... 'cause... that woman, she's really the type of person who doesn't troll. If she say something, she needs to see to it that she's not offending someone. Or even hurting them."

 

Yoona didn't comment, and just put her attention back to her phone again. This time, her smile got wider, recalling all the expressions she receives when Seohyun replied to her. Taeyeon on the other hand, just looked at Yoona, slightly bothered with what Jessica just told her.

 

Yeah, almost forgot about it. It has been a month since you died, Victoria. I'm sorry with what happened.But just like what I've told you, I'll try my best in managing your School. It's the only way I could repay you, from what you've done to me and Jessica. In Taeyeon's thoughts, as her eyes can't take off of Yoona's beautiful doe-eyes that definitely cloned her friend's eyes. She's really your daughter.

 

"You know, yesterday, I've encountered Tiffany... and I was rude."

 

Taeyeon snapped out from her thoughts, upon hearing Yoona's voice again. The latter smiled at her genuinely before adding words.

 

"Am I really that bad? Because... I choose only my friends."

 

"Um, I-I can't tell that Yoona. I don't know you well... so you must have some reason why you are like that?"

 

Yoona cupped her cheeks through her palms. "Honestly, I'm used to be alone... because... I don't like to make friends who only see my money. I've experienced that in California. Since I was known for being rich, most of the students there only wanted to make friends with me if they are planning for any party or whatsoever."

 

"Foreign countries are that bad, eh? But yeah, I agree with you."

 

"You see, it's only Seohyun and her friends whom I felt really home. Because of their friendliness, I wanted to stay here, forever? Hehe."

 

"Aww... you little Im. " Taeyeon can't help and roughly messes Yoona's hair. The doe-eyed girl chuckles.

 

 

-----------------------

 

 

Jessica is having her moment of silence, after she checked up on Seohyun's ears and so as . She is in her seat, while Seohyun is across her, waiting for any moment she will talk to her. 

It took another minute for her to figure it out. She got up and casually sit in across seat with Seohyun.

 

"So basically... your deafness was because of an accident. Your father used to be a truck driver and you were there when the truck collided with another truck. It's an head injuries that cause for this, furthermore. But since your parents can't afford a further medication, they only agree with one surgery in order for you to survive the accidnet. But the consequence was to loss your hearing. Did I understand it correctly?" Jessica softly said, applying her knowledge of sign languages as well.

 

Seohyun has small smile, nodding to confirm Jessica's words are correct.

 

"Honestly... " Jessica rubs her nape. "... if this happens at an early age, there's a little chance for you, to hear again."

 

'I was at age 8 when the accident happened.' Shared Seohyun. 'Which means, I have no chance anymore?'

 

"No Um, I believe you have still a chance, but... it depends on what surgery we are going to take. Basically, I'll be asking some doctors to have their opinion on regards to this matter, so I could tell you the procedure. But, what about your muteness? I actually don't see any problem of this. If you can hear again, you'll definitely can speak eventually. But I doubt if it's an instant. Since, it's been the decade you last speak."

 

'I don't know when did I stop speaking but... honestly... way back... my childhood...I always got bullied and... I feel like If I speak, they'll bully me more. Doctor Jung, I hope you could actually help me with this. It's... not only for me, but... I realized, for... my friends and family as well.'

 

"Your girlfriend, what about her?" Jessica smiled teasingly, the latter.

 

Seohyun blinks at Jessica. 'You know she's my girlfriend?'

 

"Haha! she  didn't tell you she proudly told me that she has a deaf girlfriend? Did she?"

 

Seohyun just literally blush. 'Yes. She really didn't.' as she shyly just admitted, yet, flattered, learning that Yoona seem to be proud that she's her girlfriend.

 

"Aww, there's no need to be shy, actually. Um, so... in the next meeting, I would like to hear your parents thought of this. Have you mentioned this to them?" Jessica is wondering if the younger girl's parents agreed to the idea of the surgery. Hence, she didn't hear any mentions of her parents. Nor did Yoona talk about it.

 

'I've mentioned it to my parents, and they said... it's Okay. Well, they're relieved that Yoona is going to pay for this. But I'm honestly so embarrass towards Yoona now. It's like, she always do this and that, and I didn't do anything about this. I just keep on accepting it.'

 

"You know Joohyun, you're lucky, if may I say... because Yoona is here to help you. But you know? that kind of person doesn't need anything in return. You know what they like? Just always stay by their side, that's enough for them." Jessica has a warm smile, painted in her face, recalling how good friend is Mrs. Im as well. 

 

Seohyun have to agree. She nodded and genuinely smile to the doctor, that she already felt comfortable.

 

"Alright. The next time I'll see you, I'll tell you the report I will have with my fellow doctors and let's decide on what procedure we are going to take. Hmm?" Jessica got up after she made her last sign. 

 

Seohyun also did the same, as she nodded in response and held her hand out. 'It's a pleasure meeting you, Doctor Jung.' 

 

"Pleasure is mine." Jessica just verbally answered, and gestures Seohyun to follow with her outside.

 

As they exited the office, they were greeted by Yoona and Taeyeon, wearing the same smiles.

 

"So are we going to have lunch now?" Taeyeon asked, offering the three girls.

 

"Well, I should have offered. But a french pizza should also be on the table." Jessica winked at Taeyeon, earning her lifeless glare. "Haha, If you want to ask for a lunch together, you know pizza is always the main appetite. Right, Miss Im?"

 

Yoona looked back at Taeyeon then to Jessica and Seohyun who has no idea. "Uh... Yes. I think pizza is good."

 

"Yeah, fine. I'll get it." Taeyeon did a 'you-are-no-fun' stare to Jessica before she turned and gradually took her leave first.

 

'Where is Miss Kim going?' asked Seohyun, clueless.

 

"Oh, just buying a pizza, Joohyun." Jessica answered the young girl, as they casually walk in the hallway already. Yoona is in Jessica's right side somehow, asking about the result of the checkup. And just what Jessica shared to Seohyun earlier, she also shared it to Yoona. They keep on talking, whilst, Seohyun is on the side, trying to read their lips.

 

However, Seohyun couldn't get all their lips. It was fast. So she decided to stop and just didn't mind them. Until they reach the cafeteria of the Hospital, they're still talking. Seohyun is feeling out of place. She's bored. And for unknown reason, she couldn't help and felt a jealousy stinging inside her, watching how happy Jessica is conversing with Yoona so freely. Those every touch of her arm, and the way she would also whisper at her girlfriend, it's like, they've known each other for a long time? As if Doctor Jung is just in the same age with Yoona? It seriously strangled her.

 

Yet, she's more than jealous to see Jessica instantly getting along with the doe-eyed.

 

'Aigoo... This is ridiculous. My girlfriend is not seeing me now.' 

 

Seohyun thought at the back of her head, trying to convince herself that she's not jealous or anything. If only she can talk and she knows their topic, she would have joined. But No! The situation is totally different. How could she show to them that she's getting bored? There's no way she can. So instead, she grabs her phone out and thought of texting Yuri. As if her best friend will finally reply to her. But it was a failed attempt. Yuri is obviously avoiding her.

 

Instead of bragging Yuri, Seohyun opened her conversation she made with Yoona earlier. Yet, it was only a way for her to realize that she has been saving all the words Yoona would type in her phone. That made her feel her better. But when she shifted her eyes to Yoona again, and Jessica, laughing so happily, she pouted, sadly. 'Doctor Jung seems so friendly. Or is Yoona the friendliest? Eh? But... Does she need to touch her like that? And what the heck, she's now holding her hand?' her eyebrows wrinkled, upon seeing Jessica caressing her girlfriend's palms, and in vice versa, her girlfriend is doing the same to her. 'What are they doing?'

 

Noticing the stare from someone, Yoona turned to Seohyun, who was across them. She simply just smile, and "She knows how to read palms." pointed to their hands, Jessica is holding. 

 

Yet, Seohyun ignore and looked away. She got up and excuse for 'Rest Room', which Jessica understood.

 

"Where is she going?"

 

"Rest Room, Miss Im. Wait. I'm concentrating! Don't speak first." Jessica closed her eyes and 'concentrate'. Mumbling words that only she can understand. Yoona obeyed and shut , as she watch excitedly Doctor Jung.

 

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun is in front of the mirror, seeing her reflection, pouting. It's not her actually, but she is surprised that just a mere time, she felt so jealous or envy at the same time.

 

'I wonder what were they talking about, though. They're so happy conversing, forgetting me that I can't hear and talk. Aish! Whatever. It was nothing Hyun. Doctor Jung, is just friendly, too.' shaking her head, she exhales deeply before opening the faucet and washes her hand. She saw in the corner of her eyes, a girl just left the cubicle. Hastily, she entered and have her pee.

 

As she finished, she washes her hand again, while staring at her reflection. But this time, she realized she didn't wear any wake-up. Seohyun quickly stop the faucet and opened up her shoulder bag, bringing her makeup kit. She smiled, to herself, after putting Just a light lipstick. Satisfied, she put the lips back to her makeup kit and put it back in her shoulder bag, before leaving the comfort room.

Casually, she walks in the hallway, then, proceeds entering the cafeteria of the Hospital, where this time, she can only spot Jessica, having her glass of Juice. She got confused. She walks straightly to their table and immediately ask Jessica.

 

‘Where’s Yoona, Doctor Jung?’

 

“Oh, there.” Jessica just simply pointed to the their right, in which, Seohyun had to turn, only to see her girlfriend, talking to another girl, in the counter.

 

Or was it the girl talk to her first?

 

“Hyun, noticed. The girl is touching your girlfriend’s waist.” Jessica snickered in amusement.

 

Seohyun squinted her eyes to the hand, and she frowned when she realized the girl is already rubbing her girlfriend’s waist, and she looked up, only to see Yoona didn’t even slap it away from her. She clenched and exhale deeply through her nose, before she turned to Jessica and share her thoughts. ‘She is making her, touch her, Doctor Jung!’

 

“Yes? I-I don’t know.” Jessica quickly turned to the side, and blinks away, realizing that Yoona is indeed not paying attention, and was enjoying talking to the girl that close. “Who the hell is that girl?”

 

‘Doctor Jung, can I ask a favor?’

 

“S-sure.”

 

 ‘Tell Yoona I’m going home first.’ Getting to her feet, Seohyun bowed respectfully to Jessica before she turned to have a little glimpse of her girlfriend and angrily left the cafeteria with her heavy steps.

 

Jessica couldn’t react anymore. She can only watch Seohyun’s figure, getting far from the distance, agape with what just happened to the young girl. “Aigoo, how easy to get jealous, eh?” she turned to Yoona’s side on the counter, shaking her head in the process, ‘cause Yoona is still talking so friendly with the girl. “Touchy, touchy girl. Tch, young generations these days.”

 

She took another sip of her glass of juice and put her eyes back to her phone. As if it was a perfect time, she smiled, as Taeyeon’s message appeared.

 

From Teddy Bear:

You pay for this. I bought two boxes.

 

Jessica giggles, and replied;

 

To Teddy Bear:

Did I say I will? ;p

 

After which, she didn’t see any reply from Taeyeon anymore. Instead, she looked up to see Yoona, placing down, the food of tray.

 

“Guess what?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

Jessica crossed her arms and calmly stated, “Your girlfriend just left to go home. She said she wanted to go home earlier than you. Hehe… “

 

“Whaaaat??? Why?!” Yoona frowned. “Why did she go home?!” her voice hoarse, catching some patients' attention. Jessica could only bow in apologize to them, before turning to the surprised deer.

 

“The girl earlier Miss Im, you are letting her touch you that close. She saw it with her own eyes and yes, she left mad.”

 

“Damn! Why didn’t you tell me?!” Yoona hastily grab her backpack and her phone on the table. She texted Seohyun, and also called her so she could see to it that her phone is on. “Oh Gosh. She closes her phone.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Aish.” Yoona said and before she had left, she heard Jessica saying,

 

“A perfect date would make her up, Mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter