That Lovely Spring 07

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

07 |  F a l l i n g  F a s t

 

Bracing herself, Seohyun casually step inside the room. With her two hands holding a different colors of flowers, She scans the small room for quiet a bit before She found her grandmother talking to the same french guy She met earlier. Once again, She fixed the flower in her ears and approached her grandma.

 

"Ahem... Grandma?" called her out softly.

 

Grandma Seo and this french guy tilted their heads, greeting her with a small smile. She bowed a little to the french guy as a respect, then smile to her grandma too.

 

"Miss Joohyun... Um... I don't think I've seen you wearing the sneakers earlier. What happened?" The french guy, can't avoid and noticed her sneakers. He slightly snicker, a little amuse. Seohyun only can avoid his stares, quiet shy.

 

Grandma Seo raised her eyebrows, and looked down to where her guest is talking about. "Oh. Where's your heels, darling?"

 

"Um... I... I broke it... Grandma." Seohyun answered, shyly.

 

"Tch, it's Okay. It looks so fine to you." Grandma Seo giggles, heartily. "But... I'm afraid the guest would look at you weird, darling."

 

"Wae?"

 

"Miss Joohyun, I suggest you change your shoes. Madam Seo is going to present you with her guest. Introducing you as her granddaughter. And possibly, the next successor?" 

 

"What? Is that true grandma?" Seohyun gasped in surprised.

 

 "I promise to myself... if ever one from my son's daughter will visit me in Paris, It would be my pleasure to present you to the guest. But about the successor? Mister Gan you're scaring my granddaughter. He's just joking Darling." Grandma Seo corrected, right away. "Come." She reaches for her hand and softly drag her out. Seohyun was kind of relief, after hearing it. She smiled inwardly, holding her Grandma back.

 

They walked out of the room, as they face the guests, Madam Seo had contacted to formally introduce her granddaughter.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona who is starting to get bored is quietly--

 

"She likes me, She likes me not. She likes me... She likes me not. Oh! She LIKES ME!!!" Yoona rejoiced, after the last petal informed her that the young girl likes her back. Due from her happiness, She jumped off from her seat with her two hands up. Yoona laugh heartily on her own, and went back to her seat, still couldn't believe that the last petal seemed to agree with her heart. 

 

Glancing at Seohyun's red 4 inches shoe, She patted it and says, "Stay always in my side, Angel... and I guarentee you, you'll feel the most beautiful happiness of your life. Hmm? Aww... don't worry, if someone will prevent us, then you should know that Im Yoona, is always going to fight for this. Ugh, what am I talking?" Yoona eventually shake her head, for thinking randomly once again.

 

She lifted her head up, smiling unknowingly to the bright sun up above. Yoona felt so lucky, having her spring break in Paris, and met a girl in the plane. It was really unexpected. But for her, it seems more than like a destiny? 

 

Being a Romanticist like her, She really believe of destiny and fate. But being as a player like her friends says so, she doesn't fit the word as hopelessly Romantice because of how She eventually just break up with them in a matter of week or even days.

 

Well, Honestly, Yoona is just searching for the right person. For the right person who will made her like an idiot thinking about her. And She thought, Seohyun is the person.

 

She believes so.

 

Breaking it off, She put her two feet in the bench and hug herself there, while She keeps on moving her bare feet. It's amazing how She feels so giddy just by reminding herself that She made the young girl that shy earlier. It's even amazing to think that Seohyun requested her to stay over so they could talk about the offer She is thinking of.

 

"Whoa.... can't wait for this journey." Mumbles her, can't stop smiling.

 

"Here." In the corner of her eyes, Yoona is slightly taken aback with a cup of coffee that was only centimeters away from her eyes. Looking up, She found the same butler Seohyun has, not staring at her. This butler, He really doesn't like me around? I'm cool ya know.  She thinks before,

 

"I didn't-"

 

"Miss Joohyun ask me to give you this. And She also told me that She wants me to tell you, that the coffee is her favorite, because She doesn't know what's your taste. And hopefully you will like this caramel coffee. Wow. I really couldn't believe that my lady is starting to be friend with you, Miss. I mean, you are not that... aish. Whatever, Just take this." The butler exclaimed, pushing abruptly the cup of coffee to Yoona's cheek. The doe-eyed girl slightly move back at the sudden hot sensation. She was about to react, but the Butler seemed not over yet. So She stayed her mind off, and listen to him.

 

"Miss, if you are planning to court my lady... well obviously you are. One advise. Don't ya ever play with her. She's The Seo Family's precious daughter. All of us in the mansion take care of her like She's a princess. So hopefully, you would also... Miss."

 

Yoona wanted to laugh or wanted to playfully punch the butler, but She ends up accepting the cup and says,

 

"I'm a good kid, Mister. I tell you, She's not just a princess to me... She's also my queen. Got it?" She flashes a smile, wiggling her two eyebrows to the dumbfounded Butler. "Thanks for this. Oh, and tell her that I'll be waiting patiently, until She comeback."

 

"But wait, can I ask you?"

 

Yoona cocked an eyebrow.

 

"Why did you give that sneaker to her?"

 

"Yes?"

 

The butler rolled his eyes. "You see, because of that... our lady has a little difficulty of minding her speech earlier. Some of the guests are staring at her shoe instead of her face. I think you know what am I talking about?"

 

Yoona paused for a moment, thinking of a possible, "She got... stammer?"

 

"You got it." The Butler answered quickly. 

 

"What-what happened? Can you tell me exactly?" Yoona got a little worried. She can imagine it clearly, Her Seohyun, can't speak in front of the guest. Or worse, She might end up walking away from the scene. It worries her right on an instant.

 

The butler sighed. "Good thing is that... She was able to finish it successfully. But... you know what's in her mind that I couldn't really get why?"

 

"Huh?"

 

The Butler took a deep breath in defeat and tells Yoona, "She was able to finish her speech because your shoe is warm and She feel so comfortable. Aigoo. I need to go back now. Drink that fast." And then, left Yoona without waiting for any response.

 

The doe-eyed guy chuckles, amused. She stared at the cup of coffee and can only say one thing, "Angel, you really do like me too, eh?" She keeps on chuckling for a little more before She sip the coffee.

 

"Ahh!!! Hooot!!!" Yet, it only made her think a little idiot, for being careless. She eventually sticks her tongue out and fan it using her hand. Yoona can't help and giggle, though. Seriously loving the way the young girl is being so adorable. As time passes, her heart is starting to feel that Seohyun is indeed the right person to give her heart. The way it beats, the way it smiles, it's totally different from the past girls, She has met. 

 

"Courting? Am I even courting? I'm just saying what's in my mind." Yoona corrected the Butler, well, more to herself.

 

Slightly, She put her lips once again at the edge of the cup, and made a blow to the coffee. It's quiet surprising that the coffee seemed so hot. Caramel is not that good to taste, which She seriously like now.

 

Her favorite is basically hot chocolate drink, not some coffee.

 

 

________________________

 

 

"Yes. I'm sure of it. Grandma, if we are many searching for your first love, it would be easier. And... it would be really fun, as what I've said earlier." Seohyun softly said, trying to convince the old woman. 

 

Grandma Seo's reaction seemed a little surprised. She couldn't get why her granddaughter wanted to help her. While the latter's reason of being in Paris is only to spend Spring Break with her. That goes, Seohyun want to have a vacation in the city.

 

The thought about her and Seohyun, searching hasn't gone to her mind, which is quiete surprising.

 

"But Darling--"

 

"Grandma, I will only be bored If I stay in the Mansion. Tour Paris like, I'm always fond of it. Grandma, As I've thought about this... I couldn't get myself and be excite. I mean, it's challenging? Don't you think so?"

 

Grandma Seo sigh, heavily.

 

"I've been searching for him for over 2 years, Darling. It's indeed challenging, but not that fun. You know, waiting patiently for that moment... to see him back is... no joke. I have to spend a lot of nights, thinking when am I going to see him back. When I'm going to touch his face again? I'm holding... into uncertain things." 

 

Seohyun couldn't get her grandmother. "I... thought you wouldn't like to give up?"

 

"Aigoo... " Massaging her temples, Grandma Seo reach for her cup of coffee using her free hand. She stared dazely to her granddaughter who only stared at her back, waiting for any reply. Having a sip of the hot coffee, She slightly her lip before She added, "I'm... almost there. I'm almost there... Joohyun."

 

Seohyun know well. She reach for her grandma's hand and take the cup off from her grasp, before holding her both hands using her two hands. Grandma Seo couldn't take her eyes off of her.

 

"Grandma, I don't know also why am I doing this. But to tell you honestly, I'm waiting. I'm waiting for the right moment you'll tell me the story behind about this. I'll be... straight to say, that I'm worried... for the Family. Grandma, help me understand why... are you away... from the Family. I myself is away... but you know exactly the reason I am."

 

Grandma Seo was slightly surprised by sudden revelation from the young girl. Her ears couldn't believe it. That her granddaughter is thinking about it. She surely does miss about the family, and Seohyun made her think of it. It's as if, She has some sin, her tongue suddenly couldn't move as her mind want to reply. She looked down to their hands, and held her granddaughter tightly, trying to think of a reply. But to no avail.

 

"Um... It's Okay... if you are not... yet ready to tell me. But... allow me to join you. By this, I think I would understand. I think my mind will have its bright side, as I travel with you... grandma." Seohyun understand well. She squeezes her grandma's hand gently before She let go.

 

Grandma Seo looked up to meet her eyes once again. She smiled, warmly. And the same goes for her grandmother.

 

"Okay... anyway... Um... what about... this Mister Gan's plans? He wanted to tour me... in your villa?" Seohyun remembered. Mister Gan told her to visit the Villa tomorrow because they're having some celebration of her arrival.

 

"Oh. It's his daughter's birthday as well, So He invited us to go and... you know, celebrate your arrival as well." Grandma Seo informed.

 

"But... Uh... I'm actually planning for us to start searching for him again. Hmm... tomorrow... I think." Seohyun said, having worries that Yoona might end up disappointed about the plan, if they won't start sooner or later.

 

"Chincha? Then, it's better... if we'll start tomorrow. But after we visit the Villa. I'm sure you will going to like it." Grandma Seo flash a suggestive smile, earning a nod from her granddaughter. But it seemed, it's not only her and Seohyun.

 

"Grandma, I'm... with a friend. She... she... also wanted to help us. C-Can... I ask, if... It's Okay She'll be with us?" Seohyun sheepishly ask, a little not sure if her grandmother would allow it. 

 

Grandma Seo's eyebrows raised, "Is this Naughty Angel?"

 

"Eh? How can you say that it's her?" Seohyun could answer back. Her Grandmother totally knows how to .

 

"You know, since it's only her… that always texted you. So... I think, It's her?" 

 

Seohyun couldn't lie. She eventually just nods her head. 

 

"I knew it. You really do like her? If I were you I would-"

 

"I sent a coffee for her... Grandma. Um, That's not... bad at all right?" Seohyun asked, then looked down, sighing as if her move wasn’t good enough.

 

Grandma Seo can’t think of anything to reply. Her mind was off from the topic her granddaughter has shyly opened. 

 

Seohyun profusely blushed, cupping her cheeks and shake her head, “Nothing. Don’t mind me, Grandma.”

 

Grandma Seo chuckles, ruffling her granddaughter’s hair. "Aish! This girl." She couldn’t believe the change of character She’s showing. When it’s about family, She’s practically serious about it. But when it’s called… ‘liking someone’. She would go shy all around. How ironic.

 

"Wait. It's Spring, why did I send a coffee, Grandma?" Seohyun's head lifted, realizing her mistake. "Aish! I knew it!!!" She practically rub her head, a little frustrated.

 

Grandma Seo chuckles, not minding to answer.

 

"But... Do you think She likes it too?"

 

 

_________________

 

 

Seohyun can't even move her feet moment She arrived at the garden again. And to land her eyes to the girl, waiting patiently for her. Her world seemed stop. She couldn't take her eyes off of her back. It's only her back, but yet, her goes her heart, beating so nervously.

 

I wonder if She has drank my favorite coffee?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter