That Lovely Spring 15 [Final Chapter]

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I pardon for any mistakes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

15| F o r e v e r  L a s ts  F o r e v e r

 

 

 

A Mistake

1.2 

 

 

The sound of a car, speeding up so carelessly in the road, are making some people walking on the side of the streets to look over. Just like it was a race, it is capturing each people's attention, every time it would pass through.

 

Not only that, because of how fast is the speed, the trees and leaves are like dancing in the driver's eyes, every time the car passes a town.

 

It is all that a while, until it stopped for a jam pack traffic.

 

You have 15 minutes left, why don't you just run?

 

Beep.

 

Reaching for the phone in the side, the driver of the said racer car speedily answered the voice message through a text message,

 

To Nicole:

I can't. I'm already in the road. 

 

She set aside once again her handy phone, after sending the message to her friend. Placing back her two hands over the steering wheel, she looked outside, she especially put an attention to the traffic lights.

 

"Come on. I'm in a hurry." She took a glance on her wrist watch, only to find it's already 10:20am, which means, she has 10 minutes left before she could reach her first lecture. Although she's not worried, she needed to reach the first lecture, hence, they have a homework she needed to pass to their professor. 

 

"Damn it. This is not working." She eventually cursed, hitting her steering wheel in the process. Thinking that it would really take a long time, she reverses her car. Instead of taking it by her car, she left it in a public car park, she passes through, and decided to take her University by running.

 

 

After 15 minutes had passed, She arrived in her first lecture, still late. But at least, the class isn't over yet. She entered  the room, bowing in the apologized to her professor and so as to her classmates. She sat down tiredly and sweatly in her desk. Although she used to be so late, she still caught the attention of her classmates, especially that not only her sweats can be visible, her hair is also messed up in front of their eyes.

 

 

"Hehe... I-I... run so fast. And the day, it seems so windy that's why." She awkwardly and lamely answered her classmates’ eyes on her. All eyes of her classmates one by one disappeared from her. She smiled at it, as then, she put her attention to her backpack.

 

 

Putting her homework in her desk, she had a heaved of a sigh, after which she succeeded to reach the classroom. Although late, at least, her professor hasn't ended the one hour class. 

 

 

"'Yoong." 

 

She turned to the source of the voice, almost immediately. But before she could even greet her friend, she was defeated by the professor.

 

"Yoona, where's your sports car when you needed it?" The professor asks, knowing well her student.

 

Yoona smiled, as she slowly stood on her feet, scratching the back of her neck. "Um, I-I... was met by a traffic, Professor Kang. So, I have to leave it in a public park, to run instead... all the way here. I'm sorry I was late." she said, hoping the professor will accept her apologies.

 

The professor nods his head, and said, "Your homework?"

 

"Oh! I've done it." Yoona quickly picked up her drawing pad and proceeds to walk to the front. "It's all done, Professor Kang." she said, handling her homework.

 

The professor seemed surprised with Yoona's homework. "I thought I've said... an essay?" yet, He accepted her thick drawing pad.

 

"Yep. But since... you know I'm a fine arts student, I would like to share my homework in this way. No worries, I still have my essays in each drawing I did." Yoona sneered, smiling so suggestively to the old professor.

 

"Chincha?" Professor Kang arch his eyebrows, before He gradually opened Yoona's homework. "Hmm... seems interesting. Paris, and Italy, eh? That Lovely Spring? How sweet~"

 

Yoona nod her head, enthusiastically.

 

"Well, like what I've made them earlier, can you share something of what you've learned from this spring break?" 

 

Yoona has a slight surprised, after she heard the professor's words. She can't think of anything yet to react, as she bit her lower lip, and looked away from the professor. 

 

"Just... a little. So we could learn something from your trip." The professor added, noticing his student is contemplating to answer his favour. 

 

Yoona heaved a deep breath, as she looked back to her drawing pad she gave. She made a puff on her hair, closed her eyes for only 5 seconds, before she opened her eyes again, facing her classmates, that was already anticipating for her answer. Yoona paused for a moment, trying to put the words that best describe her trip. When she finally got it, she opened and speak.

 

"I just want to say something on what I've realized from my trip." Yoona said.

 

"Go ahead." The professor gladly allows Yoona.

 

Yoona smiled at the confirmation, before she finally says the words in her mind, "The truth is... you don't know what is going to happen... next. So When you let someone... entered your life, be sure... that at the end, you're still smiling with no regrets."

 

The room was quiet, when Yoona simply utter the words with a meaningful bright smile towards them. All were agape. But more likely, all are amazed. 

 

Because the doe-eyed girl, never missed to put realizations in their minds.

 

"That's... deep. You must have enjoyed your Spring, Yoona-ssi." said the professor.

 

"Hmm, quiet." Yoona smiled briefly.

 

"Tch, You can take your seat now." The professor said, motioning the doe-eyed girl to take her seat.

 

Bowing in response, Yoona casually proceeds to her seat. Right then, the lecture has resumed. And at the same time, Nicole over Yoona's side, quickly gives her a thumbs up. 

 

"Let's talk later." said Yoona only, as she opened her notebook. There, she was greeted by the drawing of the young brunette. She traced her fingers on her sleeping face. She still can visibly remember that moment when she left the room. She has no regrets from doing it, surprisingly. Maybe, because the memories she had with her is mostly the reason why she stops crying, why she stops being so lazy and do her thing as a student now. And above all, why she stops staring at girls.

It was yet a life changing when she met her.  

 

Biting her lip, Yoona opened another note, but this time, her life diary. She picked up her pen and wrote on the 30th page of the diary;

 

 

2 months had passed, Yet, I'm still longing for you. I miss you...

My Angel <3 

 

 

 

 

----------------------

 

 

[Seo Mansion]

 

CRIIIIINGGGG~

 

Onge girl groan in frustration after she heard her alarm clock rings for quiet a moment. She shut it down, but instead of going to her usual routine, it's a miracle that she end up in her bed once again, lying, with her pillows covering her face. But to her dismay, that pillow of her, she has been using, since the last trip, was surprisingly pulled off from her grasp. 

Once again, she groans and hesitantly sat up.

 

"Nana... I'm still sleepy..." She mumbles, rubbing her eyes furiously.

 

"But Lady Joohyun, you have an hour."

 

"An hour of what?!" Seohyun grabbed her pillow back and hugged it tight. She closed her eyes once again, as she smell the pillows in her arms. Its the same pillows Yoona uses in the hotel, where she was left crying.

 

Her personal maid, Nana rolls her eyes. She attempted to grab the pillow off of the young girl, but the latter open her eyes, glaring at her.

 

"Hehe... I'm not going to steal it. I'm just going to put it back in the bed, and remind you for your one hour left before your class for the day, Miss Joohyun. And make sure, you can attend your sister's wedding." Nana reasoned out, only earning a blank stare from the latter. "Okay, I know your schedule will be tight today, but your father and the whole family are anticipating the precious maknae of Seo, to attend the event of the year. I mean, you are the bride's maid of honor, my lady."

 

"Aish. So I'm really going?" Seohyun hissed silently. She almost thought, she could pass the event. 

 

"Well?" Nana shrugs her shoulders.

 

Sighing in defeat, Seohyun  put the pillows back, next to her other pillows and suddenly become hyper, when she jumps  off the bed and runs to the bathroom. Nana followed her, just outside the bathroom.

 

"Lady Joohyun, don't forget also, your project. You need to pass it today." Nana reminded. She witnessed the younger stay up late just to complete her school project.

 

"Yeah, of course."

 

Nana smiled briefly, before she excitedly went back to Seohyun's bed and eyed the pillow the latter had hugged earlier so. Her eyes also caught a flower necklace on top of the night stand.

 

"Aigoo, when will she move on?" Nana ask in no one in particular. She fixed the pillows and the entire bed, before she proceeds to her big desk, which has a lot of paper work. Some evidence that her boss is, yet again, working hard. Working hard from catching up the lessons she missed for the past 2 weeks. It was a fact that Seohyun refuse to go to school because of some reason she seriously had surprised on her. But it was understandable.

Seohyun was new to love. What else she can expect from a non expert of love?

 

Nana proceeds on fixing the younger's desk, and after that, she went to the balcony, viewing the big Rose garden of Seo Mansion. The place is filled with tables and chairs, for the wedding reception happening later.

 

"If only they're not cousins. There must have a double wedding happening today." Nana disappointedly muttered, watching her co-workers busy designing and fixing the place.

 

"Yah! Where's Lady Joohyun?! She's going to be late! Her parents are already in the dining room!" 

 

"She's showering! She'll be out in a while!" Nina replied to the butler, loud enough.

 

"Nana! I forgot my towel!!! Please kindly get it from my closet!"

 

Nina didn't think twice, and runs back to the room. She opened her closet, and immediately grabbing the latter's towel, and proceeds to hand it to the younger. After that, within a minute, Seohyun emerge from the bathroom, wet and fresh. Nana excused herself, leaving her alone in the room. 

 

Taking the opportunity to be alone, Seohyun changed her clothes in a comfortable, simple jeans, and white tee-shirt. She then fixed her hair in a ponytail. Instead of high heels, Seohyun choose to kicked it and wear sneakers. She also put some light make-up and a pair of earrings she didn't used to. After doing all that, she wore back the flower necklace and picked up all her school stuffs before she walked down the stairs—proceeding right immediately to a long dinner table.

 

"Honey." She was greeted by her parents, waiting for her to sit down for their breakfast.

 

Seohyun didn't miss to give her parents kisses before she sat down, across her mother and her father, that was between them. Right then, two chefs emerge from the kitchen and put all their breakfast respectively.

 

Seohyun has the greatest smile on earth, now that she found herself, always besides her parents. She was really happy about their decision. It's her dream that has come true. All thanks to her grandmother who went back with her. 

 

"Dad, I'll only pass my project, and after that... I'll attend Unnie's wedding." She greatly shared her plans to her parents.

 

Mister and Mrs. Seo flash a happy smile to their daughter.

 

"That's good to know." said Mrs. Seo.

 

"What about the concert your friend ask you to attend?" Mr. Seo ask, rememberring that a tan girl actually ask a permission to go out with his daughter. He then leads his family to begin their meal.

 

"Yuri told you?" It came so surprise for Seohyun.

 

"Um, I think she just want to assure that I'll be Okay about it." Mr. Seo said, casually eating with his family. "She's actually nice, huh?"

 

Mrs. Seo sigh. "Joohyun, Yuri is a good girl. I don't think there's a problem about that."

 

"Mom, Yuri is a good friend, yeah. But she's not someone you expect me to date. You know I'm in love with someone else." Seohyun said as a matter of fact.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seo looked at each other, sharing the same small smile, before they turned to their daughter.

 

"We know... darling. It's just that... the girl you've been in love is not here." Mr. Seo softly said, afraid He will make his daughter's mood down.

 

"I know. But you know... first love never dies" Seohyun pouted her lips. She shut right after, focusing on her meal.

 

Both Mr. and Mrs. Seo can only smile at the adorable daughter of them. But Mister Seo especially commented,

 

"If you and that girl see each other again, make sure to introduce me to her. I would like to see if she can keep a promise, like you've said she wrote in the letter."

 

Seohyun slowly stop from her meal, looking up to eye her father. "You mean... " she is baffled by his comment.

 

"Well, my daughter seems to have a stubborn heart. I don't want to see one day, you'll regret why you fall in love with her." Mister Seo adds, earning a smile from his wife.

 

"Oh dear, stop talking. Joohyun is going to be late."

 

"Umma, It's Okay. I'm not attending at all. I'll just pass my project." Seohyun flash a bright smile to her mother and, "Dad, I know we'll see each other again. Just wait and see." she said to her father, before she resume once again on her meal. The thought about her and Yoona being cousins seem normal for her and for her parents.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Seo eyed each other. 

 

"Just tell her." Mrs. Seo whispered.

 

"Later, I'll tell her. No worries." Mr. Seo whispered back, before He resumed on his meal as well. He glances at his daughter, only to smile in contempt once again.

 

 

-------------------------------

 

 

[Seoul University]

 

 

Since she missed two weeks of School, Seohyun is catching still the eyes of every student, every time she passes through at them. Well, it's not new, perhaps, she is used to be the attention of others, but this time, it is because she intended to miss classes. For freaking 2 weeks, she was disappointing some students. But that was it, she has moved on. She need to catch up all these things she has missed. 

However, thinking that she needs to ditch class for the day, because of her sister's wedding, it's quiet saddening her. But at least, she's happy to ditch class because of her sister. Not from the past—that she needs to ditch classes because of her freaking fragile heart. 

Seohyun swear, it's all over now.

She has understood what Yoona has meant to the letter.

It wasn't because of they're cousins. It is neither because she fall out of love of her. 

It is because, it's not yet the right time.

One day, maybe. She'll she see her again.

And when that day comes, she is going to continue what they have promised.

True Love, lasts forever.

Forever is Forever.

 

Passing through all the hallways, she made sure to greet all students with her crooked smile. Not only them, she also didn’t miss to be so respectful to all professors, until she found herself, in one particular office.

 

"This is all good. Joohyun, you never failed my expectations."

 

Seohyun smiled in beam, watching her professor reading her project, she called 'That lovely Spring'. Ever since she took up creative writing course, she has never loss her passion on writing. That one spring break she had, literally give her a lot of ideas on how will she do the play. She's going to be a script writer, someday.

 

"This play will be so beautiful in Spring season." The professor said, impressed at Seohyun's work. "Tell me... is this something... related to your trip? I've heard, you went to Italy and Paris?"

 

"Um, It's a long story, Director. I'll just say... I did enjoy my trip. Thanks for your time." Seohyun pushed herself up, and bowed to the profesor, she respects.

 

"But wait, I would like to send my congratulatory presents to your sister's wedding." The professor hastily left his seat and proceeds to the couch behind Seohyun. The young brunette turned to face her professor, and put a smile, as she can see the latter is handling her a gift. "I'll make sure your gift will be reach Director." She gradually accepted it.

 

"I'm sorry, that I couldn't attend, but it's alright, right? Hehe... "

 

"Yep. You don't have to worry." Seohyun then bowed once again, before she finally left the office. 

 

As she walk in the hallway, she came across with her classmates. Instead to chat, she was greeted by congratulatory messages from her classmates. All of these, she accepted, until she came across with the tan girl in her locker, she wasn't sure on how to greet her. Yuri is her new friend, she meet in a dinner with her family's friends. Which means, Yuri is close enough to her family. 

 

"So... are we... going tonight?" Yuri ask, softly.

 

Seohyun closed her locker, turning her body around to face the tan girl. "I think, you know my unnie's wedding is happening later?"

 

"Oh yeah, I remember. But... it's going to be tonight, so it isn't going to ruin the wedding." Yuri insist, smiling so friendly to the young girl.

 

Seohyun blinked twice, realizing the scenario. "Yeah, indeed."

 

"So we are?" Yuri grinned, aniticipating to what the younger girl's decision could be. She ask her friend last night about it, and she was glad she accepted her invitation.

 

"Hmm, we'll see... if the wedding can let me. All of my relatives are coming, so... I would assume, the night will be long." Seohyun said, as then, she left Yuri. The tan girl immediately following her, walking in the hallway side by side.

 

"Okay. We'll see the concert if time could tell, how was that?" Yuri flash an exciting smile.

 

Seohyun stop from walking, staring in disbelieve to the tan girl. "You really want to go?"

 

"It's Jason Mraz, How can I let this pass?" 

 

Seohyun bit her lip, supressing the smile that she however, escaped through her lips. She shake her head slowly, as she resumed from walking. She just couldn't react well, though. Yuri really like that musician, which she find it cute for Yuri to idolize a foreign artist.

 

"Tell me, you are interested to see the concernt, aren't you?" Yuri asked, walking out from the building with Seohyun.

 

"Of course, I am. He's a singer I also listen to." Seohyun said simply.

 

"I knew it." Yuri giggles.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter