Never Been Kissed 16

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finding out

 

 

 

It must be weird for others, but it is something so admirable for a certain young girl, having been seeing how much the doe-eyed girl change her appearance; Yoona who dressed up in a black and white suit is definitely new for her eyes. Something that made her truly like her.

 

As they passes students here and there, she got more curious where could Yoona is taking her. It's like, they already the football field and so as the basketball court. And as she look from the distance, the science building can be seen. It doesn't seem Yoona and her will use a laboratory there, right? And it wouldn't be like, they'll capture some frogs in the School's pond. 

 

The more they got nearer the building, the more Seohyun can smell that Yoona has more than in her mind than to her own. She can see her eyes sparkling - what's up?

 

Yet, as Yoona finally came to a halt, she couldn't still understand. Right there, a rose garden, surrounding them in circle. But moreover, she can see a swing at the center. It's beautiful~ Just as like she always describe in her stories.

 

"Where... and why are we here?" However, she still couldn't understand. 

 

"Just behind the Science building. " Yoona said, as she went to the swing and beckoned her student to take the other. As Seohyun complied, she continued. "... I grow up in this School. I mean, right from the very beginning, this is where I have build my knowledge. And this... this is one of the place I can't really forget. Mom and Dad planted this garden...for me. So every after class, I can spend time here... studying... while I'm waiting for them to leave the faculty room. But ever since my parents died, I have forgotten to visit here... not until today." her voice is so genuine, happy at the same time, that she's able to go back to the place her parents left for her.

 

Seohyun, she is apparently looking around the magnificent view before her eyes, awed by such beauty. On another side of the city, Jinwoon and Hyo, and the rest of their office mates are currently mesmerize by the view as well.

 

 "Your parents... they must be teachers as well... " Seohyun softly said, tilted her head to face Yoona. She finally understand what Yoona meant by 'share'.

 

"Yeah." Yoona replied. "And here I am, continuing what they actually have for the rest of their lives. Being a teacher is in our blood, ever since. Sadly, my parents left me so early. I was in my Senior year in College when they decided to leave almost in the same year because of illness."

 

"I'm sorry to hear that, teacher Im." Seohyun wanna reach Yoona's hand and somehow, squeeze it, so she could feel that she's not alone. Yet, she stopped herself and just drown herself to the beauty before her eyes.

 

"It's Okay. It's nice to share something like this, to someone I have grown comfortably with." Yoona uttered softly, as she looked at the side of the younger. "What about you Joohyun? What do you wanna be when you graduate College?"

 

Seohyun smiled. "A writer? You know I love writing." 

 

 "Not bad... I can see it in your essays. You're good... Really good. I could totally imagine you in that profession."

 

Seohyun blush as just began to swing herself softly while  she enjoy the scenery.

 

"So... What college do you wanna attend?" ask Yoona, out of the blue.

 

Seohyun stopped from swinging momentarily. "College?"

 

"Well... " Yoona smiled as she pulled out something underneath her suit. "...I honestly send your writings to Dongguk for admissions the other day, and... just recently, they agree to meet you tomorrow for an interview. So here, the University's admission slip." she pass it to the younger girl.

 

Seohyun, she was agape, yet, she accepted it. "I'm... " she's speechless. Never did she expect Yoona would do it for her. 

 

"Why? You don't like it?"

 

"Of-Of course... But... I wasn't gonna go to College."

 

"Why not?" Yoona frowned.

 

Seohyun regretted her words. "I-I mean... I'm-My parents. Yeah, Uh... they wa-wanted me to-to... finish my studies... abroad. Hm, not here." She feels like thousands of sweats are invincibly dripping from her forehead, uttering such lie again.

 

Yoona narrowed her eyes to Seohyun, didn't believe. "You're not... kidding me right?" her voice, it almost seemed like, she just heard a bad news. It takes a few more seconds before she heard Seohyun again. 

 

"Um... That's... " Seohyun turned away from Yoona. "That's what my p-parents told me. But it's not yet decided. I could consider this." 

 

Yoona smiled, relieved. "That's good. Because... I don't want you to leave."

 

Seohyun expectantly tilted her head to Yoona again. "You don't... "

 

"Well... it's... it's a little sad for my part if you ever... gonna leave the country. It's better if you... could actually proceeds to college, here. Not outside this country." The doe-eyed girl put a warm smile creeping across her features, hoping that her student won't leave. Let alone, leave her.

 

Seohyun blushed. "That's so nice for you, t-teacher Im." as she turned away from her again. Once again, she started to swing softly, while the envelope from Dongguk is in her lap. Truthfully, she's gripping on the metal holder of the swing, scolding mentally her own for making Yoona believe what she's saying.

 

"I just thought good writers like you should be serving the country." Yoona reasoned, lamely. Inside, she's screaming a lot to praise the latter.

 

"I... also like it here. I don't want to leave either. Specially... you." Seohyun muttered, that Yoona didn't hear.

 

Yoona also started to swing herself, as she close her eyes, loving the air that would brush her skin, and that aroma, coming from the flowers. It made her feel so free and relax. Whilst, Seohyun stop, looked at Yoona's face, while she as well is enjoying the air.

 

"You know why I like it here? The air would just freely visit this place. Feels like... they're taking me to the clouds~" Yoona said so soft, as she keep on swinging her own swing.

 

Watching her like that, made her guilt inside. It ache her heart, heck, she knows she needed to stay still. She needed to stay strong until her job is done.

 

Hyun, I received a memo from the President. She actually saw the tapes of your mission and she wanted to tell you that - every reporters in SONE Times are not allowed to tell anyone in their mission place. Which means, you can just leave the school, after your job... but... without telling them your real identity. Not even Yoona. Unless, she'll know you.

 

Seohyun could only sighed, as she seems like expecting it to happen. Well, it's going to be hard to tell them the truth, somehow. But the guilt inside, it's killing her slowly.

 

"Are you hungry now?" 

 

Seohyun's attention immediately shifted back to the doe-eyed, who had already stop from swinging, staring at her expectantly. "Yeah, can we eat lunch together?"

 

"I was going to ask you. But... No. I don't think I can join. I have my meeting in a while."

 

"You are not going to eat lunch yet?"

 

"After the meeting." Yoona said with an assuring smile. She got up and offered the younger one her hand. Seohyun took it without hesitation, but she released their holding hands immediately. Yoona just shrug and walk with her quietly. 

 

"Hmm last week... " Yoona continue their conversation, as they left the garden.

 

"What about last week?" Seohyun just muttered, as Yoona took her right hand again like a gentle woman, giving her a hand while they took the steps down the stairs.

 

"In the fair?" 

 

"Hmm... Fair? Yeah?" Seohyun's eyes raised, as she looked back at the doe-eyed girl. They're taking the path on the way back to the main building again.

 

Yoona suddenly block Seohyun. She took her hand and give it a gentle kiss before uttering, "I had a great time. And I wanna thank you that." she charmingly smiled afterwards. "And The photobooth moment is what I like the most." added her, as her eyes gazing so lovingly towards the younger one.

 

Couldn't exactly comprehend the situation, Seohyun pulled her hand off of the doe-eyed girl. "Um, It's-It's lunch time, I-I... don't want to starve Teacher Im." as she immediately reasoned, profusely blushing.

 

"You're so adorable." Yoona gently ruffled Seohyun's hair, as grabbed her by the shoulder and resume on their walk.

 

For Seohyun, she's freaking out inside, Just tell me that you like me already!!! So I could tell you everything as well!!! Her two arms are helplessly hanging in both sides, couldn't hold her teacher because of how much her heart is beating so fast. She's afraid she could squeeze her, unlike the other day. Well honestly for the past week, she had been holding herself not to fall too much.

 

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

 

 

Seohyun just had her lunch and now heading back to her next subject while eating an apple. From time to time, she would throw the apple on the air then took a bite on it. Then,she would also stop and looked at the apple, wondering if it has a poison like in snow white. But most likely, she would just enjoy the fruit, until she only had one bite - she stopped. 

 

"Did I just eat the whole big apple?" and she noticed, the time strikes 2:30pm, which seems, she has been eating it for the past hour while she is walking in the hallway. After considering she did ate them all, She check on her purse if she has enough money again to another one. 

 

Ya! Are you going to buy another one? Go directly to your class!!!

 

Seohyun giggle, upon hearing Jinwoon's voice over her earpiece. She put her purse under to her uniform jacket again before uttering, "I'll buy later after my class." she then resume on her walk. The hallway is not that empty, yet, it's peaceful for some classes had already started. Hers? She doesn't know. But she's willing to attend the class nonetheless. 

 

As she passes more classrooms, she thought about her high school days. The fun of it. The stress of it. It's all coming back before her eyes. The strict teachers. Moreover, the dreams... she had basically built together with her great friends. 

 

"Wow. How it has been~"

 

"Seohyun?"

 

Seohyun stopped momentarily from her tracks, after hearing such familiar voice. She turned and smile to see Suho jogging towards her. "Hey there~"

 

"You are not yet in your class?" ask Suho as she stopped in front of the other.

 

"Hmm, yeah. I just want to walk first. How 'bout you?" Seohyun crossed her arms near her chest. "I thought you have your class?"

 

"I have... but... " Suho seemed hesitant to share, as he sighed and turned away. 

 

"But you are... what?" Seohyun narrowed her eyes towards the younger one. She resume on her walk, which Suho also did the same. They're walking side by side.

 

"I don't want to see Krystal." shyly, Suho confessed.

 

"Ahh... or should I say... you don't want to see Krystal, happy gawking around with a girl named Sulli? Is that it?" Seohyun said as a matter of fact. Ever since Sulli went back to School, she can always see Suho, spacing out from Krystal.

 

"Yeah." Suho nodded. His hands are on his back, sighing in defeat. "I'm still... ya know... in the process of moving on."

 

"You know what? You should read the novel I gave the other day."

 

Suho stopped voluntarily to face the young brunette. "That novel? Seohyun, that was-"

 

"You just couldn't like it at first because the author made some mystery to make the reader think, but to tell you... right at the middle, you will understand everything - why the character is doing it for her friend."

 

Suho's eyebrows creased. "Chincha?"

 

"I can't spoil you, but I really wanted you to read that novel. Coz I thought, it will build your relationship stronger with your other friends. Not like I'm telling you that you don't have a good relationship with the others, but for you to realize how much friends are actually precious... why not?"

 

Suho has genuine smile, creeping in his face. "You are... really a good friend, Seohyun. I honestly just know... you have this side of yours too."

 

"What?!" Seohyun chuckled. "I'm always good." yet, she couldn't help and be shy about it.

 

"But a good trouble maker friend. Alright, I'm reading it later. Thank you. See ya later." Before Seohyun could react, Suho immediately run away, waving to the young writer.

 

Seohyun sighed, as she watch Suho happily waving while rushing to his subject. "It's... better I will not tell them, right Jinwoon?" and she realized, it's going to hurt her as well, once the truth will reveal.

 

Whatever is your decision, I know it's going to be for the best.

 

Seohyun shrug her shoulders, as she resume on her walk. Right when she's already sightseeing her classroom, she change her mind and return to the path she had passed.

 

Why? What's wrong?

 

"I think I notice some group of friends leaving their class." Seohyun said, as she fasten her pace. She then stopped, as she took a deep breath and slowly peek her head to a wall. There, before her eyes, another hallway, where she can see Hyuna, Hyomin and Sunhwa, in their locker - busy putting all their books and other stuffs.

 

They're your classmate in your English class.

 

"Yup. And basically they're cheerleaders." Seohyun replied.

 

What about them?

 

"I feel something is going on with them."

 

Before she know it, the three girls finally left their lockers. Seohyun doesn't like things as if she's a stalker or anything, but the thought about them - as young girls - high school students - bothers her. So she decided to follow them all the way out of the building.

 

"Now this is more convincing."

 

They're skipping the class?

 

"Skipping and do something... nasty?" Seohyun mumbles. Suddenly, one of the girls turned behind, Seohyun quickly jump to a bush on the side. Lucky, she landed safely behind it.

 

"What's wrong Hyomin?"

 

"I just thought someone is following us."

 

Hyuna chuckles. "Look. The ground is empty. I doubt if someone can see us."

 

"Right. I'm sorry."

 

"Come on, let's just get going." 

 

Seohyun heard the footsteps is disappearing every seconds passed. She took that as a sign, and stood up from where she is hiding. When she realized she hasn't really lost them, she continue on her stalking until she noticed, they're already in the parking lot. Seohyun hid herself to one of the cars, as she keep herself quiet. 

 

A moment had passed, one car is slowly leaving the lot. Seohyun wondered where are the girls going in the middle of the class? 

 

Due to curiosity, she didn't think twice and hop in to her car, immediately following the car.

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

After having her late lunch, and another session, Yoona suited herself back to her leather chair, and decided to kill her time again by checking her student's semi-finals exams, while she's waiting for the last bell to ring. In the middle of her work, she heard her phone vibrated against the glass on her table. She reach for it and a message came to view before her eyes.

 

from So Eun:

 

Good news!!!

2 days.

I'll be coming back in two days, babe.

I just can't wait to see you again!!!

Drop me a call once you got this.

 

Yoona smiled, somehow relieved that her girlfriend is finally going back. But at some point, there's a little ache of her heart, aware of what she has been doing lately. Yet, she's not in the mood for any angst. So she decided to press the call button.

 

"Hey there~" she greeted, immediately.

 

[Kyaaaaa~ I love youuuuuu *mwah* *mwah* *mwah*] and more smooches can be heard on the other line.

 

Yoona can't help but smile once again after hearing such hyper voice. She leaned on her back, as she keep the device against her right ear.

 

[Hehe excuse me. I just really miss you babe. Glad you call right away. I'm on a break.]

 

"You're in the airport?"

 

[Yes. And guess what? I love New York so much. We should visit together.]

 

"I'd love to. But... it's still so impossible at this moment."

 

[I know...but who knows? So what? How are you doing?]

 

Yoona sighed, feeling her heart heavy. "I'm Okay. Stress... ya know... with my work... you know that. But I'm pretty sure that I'm taking my vitamins everyday."

 

[That's good. Really good. Or I don't know what to do to you once I know you are not healthy. Well, as for me, I'm a beast! Imagine? I almost break the record of my friend's working hours~]

 

"For how long?"

 

[42 hours?]

 

"That long?" Yoona exclaimed. "How about your co-attendant?" she's slowly relaxing with the way she can hear the happy voice form her girlfriend.

 

[Hmm, 52 hours. It's too close, right? I could have accept an award for this.]

 

"There's an award for that?" and the more she talk to her, the more she forgot her complicated feelings for Seohyun. 

 

[Yep. Our airlines will give us BIG bonus]

 

Yoona giggles. "Chincha? That's cool~ you should break your friend's hours then, so we could go together in New York."

 

[I know right? It's going to be a lot of fun if it's us. Aigoo, I'm going to miss New York.] 

 

"Where are you heading after there?"

 

[Guess?]

 

Yoona's eyebrows raised. "Canada? Mexico?" as she guessed the countries. "Or... South Korea?" she grinned, as she remember So Eun's text earlier.

 

[South Korea would be likely my last stop in 2 days... but for now, I'm off to Italy.]

 

"Oh, wow! Like... Lo sonon una bella ragazza." Yoona slightly blush at her own words in Italian, which actually means, 'I'm a handsome girlfriend'.

 

[Siete sicuri?] So eun is giggling on the next line.

 

"Aish! As if she doesn't know I am!"

 

[Hahahaha! Of course I agree with you... I love you~]

 

Yoona was about to say the same, but suddenly her tongue was tied as her mind averted to a certain young student, making her heart double it's pace once again. Instead of answering the same, she answered a safe one. "Same here."

 

[I miss everything about you, Yoona.]

 

"Hmm... me too."

 

[Let's not just stay at your apartment once I get home okay? Coz this time, I will have a week of break! Why not go to a beach? I haven't really gone  to the beach ever since I start working.]

 

"Let's go then." Yoona felt happy about it. Maybe because, So eun has been working so hard, for the past 3 years, and she totally deserves a break. 

 

[Anyway, I'm off now. Going to call again later. Love you]

 

Before Yoona could utter the same words as she did earlier, the call has ended. Yoona thought it was the best. She toss her phone on the side and wanted to continue on her work again, but Kyuhyun suddenly walked in, interrupting her.

 

"You are all alone in the faculty again, eh?" Kyu snickered, as he make his way to his own table.

 

"Yeah, just wanna finish this test papers, so I could make grades already. How 'bout you?" Yoona turned to face her friend.

 

Kyu sighed, placing his elbows on the table. "I have a tough discussion earlier."

 

"Hmm? Why?" 

 

"One of - No, two of my students... who are a couple were arguing in the middle of my discussion. And you know what's their topic? The girl is cheating. Tsk,tsk. I need to shout on their before they could ruin entirely my class." Kyuhyun intentionally sigh so loud.

 

Yoona chuckles. "Young generations these days are really wild~"

 

"You say so. But hey, what about your situation now? I mean your heart? How is it now? Have you thought of already?"

 

"You really do know how to change the topic, eh? Aigoo... " Yoona shook her head, in disbelieve. Turning back her gazes to the paper in front, she continued nonetheless. "But I wanna share it. My girlfriend is coming back."

 

"Omo! Chincha?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter