That Lovely Spring 09

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank u so much for the previous comments.

and for the votes from jinyuan, & iamforeverlame

As I have estimated, this fic will end in chapter 15. So yeah, we have 6 chapters left. keke. Still a long way, but brace yourself, I'll update continously by next week, hopefully. ^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

09| T h e  R e a s o n

 

50 Years earlier...

 

2 weeks had passed; Dong Gun can't still find the reason to work. Since Chae Young has left, his mood for painting has also gone. His business has gone its color the moment He loses his inspiration. People who are around him couldn't even stop him--From drinking all day and night.

 

He was broken after all.

 

No one could deny the fact.

 

What is there to live if the source of his happiness has gone? There's no more reason for him to even wake up in the next day.

 

But He hate it, He always finds himself opening his eyes in the very next day.

 

But after all this happened, here He was, still has a small part of him; longing for her to come back. Longing for her to continue their promise of endless love. Even if it hurts him, bad.

 

 

Sigh

 

 

"Aigoo... Doongie... I told you to clean up your gallery first before you open this! Look outside. A lot of our customers are afraid to get inside. Doongie, please... I ask you to stop this nonsense." And of these days, His best friend would always scold him no matter how stubborn He was.

 

He didn't answer. He would rather reach for another bottle of beer and drank them, than to waste his voice answering such a non-sense scold.

 

"Fine. You know what? I would also leave you if I find out you are a drinker. Good. Just keep that. Let's see if Chae Young will come back to you if you keep butting yourself out there. But don't remind me that I never warn you, Doongie."

 

"Just... leave me In Guk." He answered in a mumble way

 

With that said, His furious friend left him behind. That moment, then, the tears in his eyes drop once more. His body feels so weak, as He found himself, lying in a cold floor.

 

"Chae Young... why... " came His bitter sob, as He hugs the now empty bottle in his hand. He keeps on holding them like it was some sort of...

 

"Our child... why did you run with him, without me... " adding His miseries is to have realized that Chae Young is 6 months pregnant with his child.

 

 

 

________________

 

 

Present time...

 

Yoona opened her eyes upon sensing something is poking her cheeks. Her lips slightly move upward as the idea of the young girl sleeping next to her strikes her back to reality.

 

Or was it just her imagination?

 

Yoona groaned frustratingly when She found herself, being poke by a... "Whose puppy is this?"

 

"Oh! You're a wake?"

 

Yoona's eyes stirred away from the cute fluffy puppy to a young girl's voice not far from her bed. She rubbed her eyes for a few times before She gradually sat up and greeted the young girl tiredly.

 

"Hey! Good Morning! This is so sweet... are you here to wake me up?" 

 

"Hmm... sort of." Seohyun smiled inwardly. She reaches in Yoona's bed, just so She could pick the puppy up. "We're leaving in two hours, Yoona. Do you want me to help you choose your clothes?" But She ask, more than like a hesitant.

 

"Oh! Forgot about it." Yoona jump off from the bed, running hurriedly to the closet. But She stopped halfway and her back, where She found Seohyun staring at her blankly. "Um... don't you want to go outside first? I'm... going to ... you know." She grinned, hope the latter would understand the thing She is about to do.

 

Innocent, Seohyun just shrug her shoulders and left obediently her room. With that, Yoona move so fast and locked the door. She then went back to her closet and started to undress herself, before She reach for a towel and finally locked herself in a shower.

 

Seohyun, who settle herself down in the living room had a slight blush spreading in her cheeks. She just realized it though. When She heard Yoona locked the door and her footsteps came so heavy.

 

The word is Shower, of course.

 

How does her innocent mind didn't even get it right away. But She was relieved that She left the room before Yoona could undress in front of her.

 

"Tch, I'm so doomed if I didn't left, right tofu?" She said, referring the fluffy puppy in her arms. The puppy was a gift from her grandmother, that surprised her in the morning, the moment She woke up. Being fond of puppies, She immediately liked it.

 

"How's Yoona? Why am I not seeing her?" Came Grandma Seo's soft voice behind, which made her look back.

 

"She's still doing her shower, Grandma. In a minute, She'll be here." She answered back, flashing a sly smile.

 

Grandma Seo sat down across her, casually. "Here. Wear this rather." She surprisingly put another gift on the coffee table for her grandchild.

 

"Hmm? What's that?" Seohyun blankly stared at it.

 

"Tch, don't wear those shoes Darling. Just wear some sneakers." Grandma Seo pushed the big box forward.

 

"No. It's Okay, Grandma. This Shoes are stronger than the last time." Yet, Seohyun decline.

 

"I am not saying that your shoes are not. We are going on some hills darling. I don't think it's best advise."

 

"Hiking?"

 

"Sort of? But the fact that we are going on a trip, High heels would surely be unacceptable my dear. How do you see some ladies out there, travelling from place to place, wearing such a high heel. It's awkward, am I right? Now, go on and change your outfit."

 

"Fine." Seohyun nod her head in agreement. She put tofu down on the couch and replace her hand with the big box. She then excused herself, leaving her grandmother with the puppy before her eyes.

 

"Tofu? Seohyun named you tofu?" Grandma Seo can't help and smile inwardly, at the thought of "How adorable." was her grandchild.

 

 

 

Not a moment ago, it's Yoona's time to emerge from the stairs. Grandma Seo flash her a smile, immediately.

 

"Look so comfy, Yoona." She praised her, for wearing sneakers and simple gray tee shirt along with jeans.

 

"And so are you, Grandma." Yoona cheekily replied. "Wait, where's my angel?" But She noticed, the latter is alone in the living room.

 

"Oh, I made her change her outfit. Like you said." 

 

"Chincha?" Yoona knew well, happily exclaimed. "So what did She say? Did She like the sneakers?"

 

"What? I don't know. I just gave the box and then She left with it. Well, just see it with your own eyes." Grandma Seo's eyebrow wiggles, emphasizing something to the doe-eyed. 

 

Yoona couldn't get it first. But when She heard footsteps coming closer, She looked back, just so She could see the young girl, making her way down. Her eyes were immediately down to her feet, which She had a big smile. But to whom it may, her concern, Seohyun's beautiful long legs caught her attention more. The latter is wearing a hot pants and a simple cardigan to fit with.

 

"You look good!" She praised, meeting her halfway on the stairs. Her right hand immediately stretches out for the latter. "May I?"

 

"It's just simple getaway. Like Grandma told me... we'll travel from time to time." Seohyun simply answered, ignored Yoona's hand. She shyly passed on her instead. "Grandma, are you ready?"

 

"Since Three hours ago." Grandma Seo replied, leading her granddaughter out from the Mansion.

 

Yoona snickered and just follow them behind. Due from her excitement, She didn't even care when she suddenly wrapped her right arm, through her neck and pulled her closer. Seohyun was taken aback, looking at her quizzically. But She shrugged, flashing her very infamous alligator smile, as they continue to walk until they reach the car.

 

 

 

__________________

 

 

 

 

No Butler nor bodyguards. Yoona has the widest grin after her request has been approved by Grandma Seo. It was only them following the road to find love.

 

To find the true first love. 

 

Grandma Seo couldn't get her excitement at bay, but at the same time, anxious to find Im Dong Gun. It is either She doesn't know what will Dong Gun's reaction or, her beauty that surely has gone old. 

 

For 50 years, She is not confident anymore that She's still beautiful in Dong Gun's eyes.

 

I hope and I pray... You still remember me... and our Love.

 

 

______________________

 

 

 

Stopping over a traffic jam, Yoona had an exhausted sigh as She noticed the traffic is pretty much heavy. The road they're taking is the way to the first province the source had told them.

 

Surprisingly, it's in the same road Grandma Seo's Villa is located. 

 

"Are you sure you don't want to say your gratitude to Mister Gant, Grandma? You might disappoint him." Seohyun came to realize that her Grandma seemed not talking about the invitation anymore. Rather, She is excited to find Im Dong Gun to their first destination. 

 

"I called him last night, Darling. And He understands it well. There's nothing to worry." Grandma Seo replied, slightly flashing a smile to the young girl in the passenger seat.

 

Seohyun nod her head, staring back at her grandmother using the rear view mirror. 

 

"Oh Gosh. I think this is going to take some time." Yoona butted with a heavy sigh, sharing her own thoughts at the moment. Grandma and Seohyun look at her with amusement.

 

“I mean, how could the traffic be like this. It’s only Spring, right?” Yoona added, showing more of her displacement.

 

“Yoona, people in Paris are fond of Spring as well. Since it’s kind of holiday for others, they’d love to enjoy the weather as much as they want to especially in higher places.” Grandma Seo informed, staring out the window.

 

“Oh, that explains. I actually like to spend Spring in Korea only, but… I think I won’t mind spending Spring wherever it is.” Yoona look back at the younger behind and winking to her. “Just to be with my Angel… every place would be wonderful.”

 

“Aigoo… “ Seohyun rolled her eyes, and looked outside. Every sweet words from the deer seemed getting too attractive for her, that would made her cringe honestly secretly.

 

“Spring Break vacation is also my favorite. Your grandfather and I first met in this lovely… Spring.” Grandma said softly, reminding herself, the first time She also fell in love with him. She had a warm smile, spreading across her face.

 

Yoona and Seohyun both raises their eyebrows, knowing exactly well the old woman is talking about. They didn't said anything, except for busying their selves right on an instant; Yoona opened her mobile phone while Seohyun opened her journal in her lap. As if She's going to write another thing, She pretended to be. Yoona on the other hand was defeated when Nicole didn't answer her call.

 

"It was the... loveliest Spring to have ever painted. I remember how much my eyes can only stare at Dong Gun's eyes, and not to anyone... "

 

Grandma continued, in which Yoona and Seohyun looked at her in defeat.

 

"Yoona... your grandfather... He's the only person that made my heart his crazy." Grandma looked back at Yoona's side. "He is the same as yours. He likes to say those sweet words... that was only meant for me." Her eyes, sparkling like it misses to spark for the past 50 years. "... Your eyes... and those lips of yours... exactly the same..."

 

Yoona find herself, staring back to the old woman. She had a small warm smile, unconciously showing it for the latter. Yeah, She seriously resembles her grandfather as well. And She could feel that this old woman love her grandfather still. It is indeed true, first love never dies. She was amazed.

 

"Joohyun... you're so lucky to have met... another Im." Grandma added, staring back to her granddaughter at the back seat. Seohyun immediately looked away, avoiding the tease that might start. She flipped over the pages in her journal and began to write some notes. But instead of what She expects, Grandma continue her talk about her first love.

 

"Aigoo... I remember... every Spring, we always went for a trip. Dong Gun and I always escape from my sctrict father... just to have fun."

 

"Really Grandma? That's so cool. I haven't done that." Yoona grinned, having interest.

 

"Yes. We surely do. It's fun to escape, although we'll end up caught at the end of the day." Grandma giggles heartily.

 

"Hmm... Should I do that, too? Grandma? What do you think?"

 

"Escaping?" Seohyun suddenly butted, putting her voice high. Yoona and Grandma Seo looked back at her amused.

 

"You were listening to us?" Yoona chuckles.

 

"Yeah, I thought you are busy writing down some journals?" Grandma added.

 

"Um... I-I... was listening of course. H-How could I not hear you guys talk? If we are in the same car?"Seohyun was embarrassed, and her cheeks started to redden. She bit her lip, slowly, looking away from them.

 

"Oh, Angel... if you are asking I am escaping. Yes I am. But of course, with you. I will not escape without you angel." Yoona teased, enjoying much the blush in the young girl's face.

 

Grandma Seo can only shake her head out of disbelieve. "You are seriously just like, Dong Gun."

 

"T-Thanks... " Yoona awkwardly smiled to the old woman next to here. "And Joohyun seriously just like you... Grandma. But I have to say, my Angel is way better. No offense. Hehe... "

 

"Darling, hear that? Your Naughty Angel is being so mean to me." Grandma dramatically sulked, crossing her two arms near her chest.

 

"Grandma, you know Yoona is just joking." Seohyun flash a small smile, earning Yoona's winked.

 

"I'm not joking."

 

"Yeah, yeah... you are not... but that really hurt me." Grandma suddenly glared at Yoona, who only stuck her tongue as the traffic finally went over.

 

Seohyun can simply sigh, watching the deer being playful even to her grandmother. She turned her attention back to her journal, just so, her sweet smile appeared in her face. She's not just avoiding Yoona and her grandmother's tease, She wrote a small journal about how She truly feels for the deer. And it says,

 

I don't know but I think I maybe,Fallin' for you. Maybe I should keep this to myself, waiting 'til I know you better.

I'm scared of what you'll say about this, or even to admit this. So I'm hiding what I'm feeling, But I'm tired of holding this inside my head...

Hmmm should I do it first?

Aish! I think I'm going crazy >.<

 

As She stared back at Yoona's back, the car s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter