Never Been Kissed 23

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Forgetting

 

 

 

 

 

CRRRIIIIIING~

 

One girl groan frustratingly upon waking up by a loud and annoying alarm clock on the night stand. Instead of getting up, she reach for a comfy pillow next to her and covered her head. But to her dismay, it just keep on ringing and ringing, as if she's really being called out to just get up and work her off. Stubborn, she keep one holding the pillow above her head, trying her best to press it hard so she couldn't hear anything anymore. But the more she did it, the more she can hear the loud ringing of the alarm clock. It gets even closer and closer to her now.

 

Groaning frustratingly, she decided to uncover her head and lie on her back, only to see another girl, holding up the alarm clock for her. That sight just made her even protesting. She grabbed the pillow again and cover her head. However, this time, that girl grab the pillow and throw it.

 

"Ya! Get up there now! We have an hour to prepare for our flight!" scolded the furious girl to her stubborn girlfriend. Well, it's been a week and she's used to it. 

 

Slowly sitting up while rubbing her eyes, the said girl puff her cheeks, as she looked up wearily to the other. "Is it today?" and ask about the 'flight' she was talking about.

 

"Yup. And you have an hour to prepare. Now get on your and shower!" 

 

"But... I haven't actually... file a leave. I mean, I still-"

 

"I've done it yesterday! And the school agreed. Now please, Im Yoona! Move your body!!!"

 

The said girl grin so wide. But instead of complying, she opened her two arms and pout her lips towards her girlfriend. "I need a kiss first."

 

"No. You're not getting it, unless you'll move NOW!" 

 

Yoona can't help but chuckle. "You haven't really change, eh? Fine, I'm doing it now, Ma'am." she set her feet on the floor and slowly stand up. She spread her arms widely, as she let out a huge yawn, while walking her way to the bathroom. So eun, she slapped her girlfriend's before she immediately walked out the room, that never failed for her girlfriend to yell in protest.

 

Walking in to the bathroom, Yoona face the mirror, and smiled. It was bright, for a moment... only. As it turned into a frown, once her heart just suddenly crunched. She sighed and shake her head, before leaning down to the faucet and allow the water to run down her flesh. However, for the umpteenth time, her mind averted to what happened last week. That very night she couldn't still forget, even though she's trying to do it. 

 

Out of frustrations, she suddenly punched the mirror. Yet, not that hard. But was enough for her to feel the pain. 

 

"Yoona, you are not suppose to think of her again. What the hell are you doing right now?!" she breathlessly said, glaring to herself through the mirror. If someone can see her pained expression right now, they would definitely thought she's crazy.

 

Frantically, she shook her head and reach for the shower, opening the water instantly - that flows through her body. She tried to calm her nerves by breathing in and out, smoothly and surely.

 

Thirty minutes later, Yoona went out the room clad in a tight black jeans, white turtle neck and black leather jacket. She climb downstairs and find her girlfriend in the living room, busying herself with a magazine on hand. But what caught her attention is the two luggage.

 

"You've prepared it?"

 

So eun looked up from her magazine, greeting Yoona with a bright smile. 

 

"Aigoo, no wonder I have some struggle on choosing what to wear. Tsk,tsk." Yoona shake her head slightly, can't believe. 

 

Getting up from her seat, So eun toss the magazine and approach her girlfriend. "I know you don't like being late, so yeah, I did it beforehand." she fixed Yoona's collar and smiled. "Hmm?"

 

"Yeah. Um, shall we?" 

 

"Yeah." Grabbing her girlfriend's arm, So eun didn't even had a few steps forward when Yoona pulled it off around her. "Wae?"

 

"I'm carrying our luggage. You prepare the car." said Yoona, as she gestures her and got the two luggage. 

 

"Okay." Shrugging, So eun went out first before Yoona also does.

 

In a short while, the couple drive off the place, heading to Gimpo Airport. Their destination - Jeju Island. It's a one week of break, which So eun ask for them since she's going back to work again after it. Yoona, she's more than willing as she thought it could be a chance for her to get over the pain she had with Seohyun. It has been a week and She's glad that So eun didn't bother at all when she tell her the truth about her feelings for Seohyun. It must be because, So eun knew she choose her instead of her fake student.

 

"I thought that was harsh."

 

Yoona tilted her head to the side, upon hearing So eun's words. "Hm? What is it?" She was too focus on the road that she thought she missed something.

 

"Didn't you hear it?" So eun ask, referring to the news she heard earlier from the radio.

 

"I did not hear anything."

 

"Oh you sure did." So eun realized the blank face her girlfriend is wearing. "But it was about Seohyun, being fired in her work." 

 

Yoona doesn't know how to react, but the mention of the name just made her heart slightly tightens. 

 

"It was said that she was fired because of the undercover she did - which is not a secret anymore after this Taecyeon revealed it all. It looks like her company's policy is strict... once they're screwed by their work, you're bye bye~ Something like that."

 

Shrugging the information she just heard, Yoona just focus back her attention to the road. She heard So eun sighed and uttered something she didn't really understand. Yet, So eun added words which she really could hear and understand.

 

"You know, the job she is doing is really difficult. For instance, drug syndicate... Your life could be in danger. She's lucky that her first assignment was in a school. But still, it's harsh to fire someone who actually has been doing good in her work."

 

"Yeah, she's really good." Yoona can't help but grit her teeth - realizing how believable was Seohyun when she pose as a student to them. She was really fooled.

 

So eun understood the doe-eyed's words very well, as she reached for her shoulder and massage it gently. Yoona briefly look at her with a small smile across her face. 

 

"Let's just forget about what happen and move on." Yoona uttered.

 

"Yeah, you are right." So eun softly said, giving Yoona a reassuring smile. "And I know you will just forget her."

 

"For sure. Don't worry." said Yoona, doesn't know about it. It's been a week but yet, there are still a few chances that she'll think of her. Worse, it is always about Seohyun, being a complete liar. 

 

 

-----------------

 

 

 

"I'm sorry about it." Seohyun politely bowed in 90 degrees, to a middle age woman before her. "... Aunt Shinyoung." 

 

The said woman's lips pulled into a warm smile - reaching the younger one's shoulder and pulled her up. The girl looked at her with her weary eyes. She can see through it, she hasn't had her normal sleep. And she knows the reason behind those lifeless eyes. "Believe it or not... Seohyun... the first time you visit the restaurant with my niece, I knew you are not some teenagers." softly, she said.

 

Seohyun frowned to know. "How-how... did you know?"

 

"Well, let's just say... the way you stand and the way you actually talk to me that night. It's not as an innocent smile coming from a seventeen year old girl. It's more from, an innocent smile coming from a beautiful young lady, like you." 

 

"No way."

 

Shinyoung chuckled heartily. "Yes. I truly know it. It's obvious for me, ya know. It's just too surprising that Yoona doesn't really have any suspicion regarding about you."

 

"Um, seriously? But why did you keep it?" Seohyun confusedly answered. "I mean, if in the first place you know I was posing as a student, you would have said it to Teacher Im already. I-I mean, Yoona." she corrected. Having been living as a high school student for almost 2 months, it looks like her tongue had used to it.

 

"Na-Uh... It's because of 'love'. I can see 'love' in your eyes and I know that is something I shouldn't be selfish to someone."

 

"You-You know I like your niece as well?" Seohyun is really freaking out now. This middle age woman seemed to read people's mind? Or is she a fortune teller? 

 

Shinyoung proudly nodded slowly. "And it's not only you, I can see love in Yoona's eyes. The way she smile and take care of you? It just defines a pure true love."

 

"But, she hate me." Seohyun sighed, heavily. "And I don't know anymore if she will forgive me." True, It's been a week that past, and yet, here she was, still looking forward to somehow ask for Yoona's forgiveness. But that longing to see her again will only be just a wish. Yoona change her number and she can't visit Gwangju anymore, after what happened. Let alone visiting her in her apartment.

 

Reaching for Seohyun's two hands, Shinyoung give it a gentle squeeze, not leaving Seohyun's eye contact. "Yoona, she maybe a strict and cold outside as a teacher, but believe me... she's really a soft kid Seohyun. She's really a kind hearted girl. And I believe, she will forgive you. It's not just right now, but I'm pretty sure, it won't be too long."

 

"You thought so?" Seohyun said, flattered by the kind words she heard straight from Yoona's aunt. 

 

Shinyoung pulled Seohyun with her, as they enter the restaurant. She lead her to the previous table she and Yoona used the other time.

 

"Why?" The young writer looked at Shinyoung confusedly.

 

Instead of a verbal say, Shinyoung gestures the younger girl to sit down and lowered herself underneath the table. Seohyun complied and when she does, she was ignited to see a heart with YS inside, craved in the wood. Not to mention, a date was also next to it.

 

"How did you know about this?!" Seohyun exclaim.

 

"Do you even remember that night?"

 

"Huh?" Seohyun straightened her seat, facing the other. "What did I miss?" 

 

Shinyoung smiled knowingly. "Well, you really won't know unless... I will tell you that while you were out for a comfort room, I saw my niece being so weird - grabbing a knife and I find her lowering her body, doing something underneath. When you went back, she was already finish. I was interested, and so I have to peek underneath and like just what I expect, she crave that two letters, which I suppose as Yoona and your name, Seohyun."

 

Seohyun just flushed. "She's weird... isn't she?"

 

"Tch, you influence her." Shinyoung mumbled, playfully knocking the other girl's head.

 

"No I did not!" Seohyun pouted and shook her head frantically, as if denying such detail. 

 

"Aish! Get over with that. Let me know your order, I'll give you a free meal."

 

"Huh? Um, N-No. It's Okay. I am just here to see you Aunt Shinyoung. I'll be just going home now." Seohyun stood up but only to be pushed back to her seat and the latter handed her the menu.

 

"It's 1pm, I doubt if you have eaten your lunch in that state of yours. You order and I'll get it, Okay? Excuse me." Shinyoung firmly said before getting up and walked out to the kitchen. Seohyun was about to protest but too late, and could only sighed in defeat. True, she hasn't eaten - not just lunch but also breakfast. In that very moment, she heard her stomach loudly growl, causing some stares from the costumers feast her in her table. She awkwardly smile and bowed slightly to them, as then, she pulled her phone out and check on her message. She has two unread messages - came from Jinwoon and Hyo.

 

Withought sensing something bad about it, she opened the two messages, with Jinwoon first.

 

from Jinwoon:

 

Where are you?

President Kwon is firing you, best friend.

 

from Hyo:

 

Have you heard the news?

Seohyun-ah, I'm sorry about it :(

 

Seohyun bit her bottom lip, as an adrenaline is causing her entire body. Haven't she gone to the office? She did twice last week. But now, it seemed like it's going to be the last visit. Without thinking of saying goodbye, she left the restaurant in a hurry.

 

"No. She can't fire me." She hastily opened the car door and immediately step in. She buckle on her seat belt and reach for the key. However, before she could twist it, Shinyoung come running out from her restaurant, carrying a paper bag. She didn't know what was it, but she rolled the window down. "I'm sorry Aunty but something happened. I can't --"

 

"Eat at least, will you?" Shinyoung insisted, as she shove the paper bag to Seohyun's lap. "And Don't ever give up on Yoona, Okay?" she reminded before leaving her.

 

Seohyun was a little taken aback, but somehow amuse her, repeating the words she heard twice in her mind. She never expect Yoona's Aunt would say those words. She's like a close friend for a moment there. 

 

Setting aside the paper bag on the passenger seat, she reach for the key again and finally drive off. 

 

 

 

 

------------------------

 

 

 

 

Heaving a sigh after putting their luggage on top of them, Yoona turned to the side and find her girlfriend reading the same magazine earlier in the apartment. Curious, she leaned forward and read the title of it. "New York?"

 

"Yeah, it's about the place." said So eun, simply.

 

Pulling back, Yoona raised her eyebrows towards her girlfriend. "What are you thinking?"

 

"Do you remember when I told you I love the place called New York?" So eun ask back, not leaving her eyes to an article she's reading.

 

"Yeah, I do. What's the connection?"

 

Tilting her head to meet Yoona's pair of doe-eyes, "There is." she grinned. "I'm looking for a great deal in New York to move in."

 

"Move?" Yoona exclaim, didn't expect it. "You are planning to leave for good?"

 

"Nope. It's not only me. Us. It's us, Babe." So eun winked knowingly to her girlfriend. "Living in New York seemed convenient than here."

 

"No. I mean, What about your siblings? Aren't you providing them for their studies? Your parents! They're already old, So eun. You can't leave them."

 

"Yoona, I'm also planning to bring them to New York. But for the meantime, I wanna do this for us first. Aren't you happy about it? You can teach there. Salaries in America are higher than here." 

 

Yoona doesn't know if it's alright or not - whether she like it or not. At the moment, she's totally blank. She's speechless, rather. Instead, she turned away and shut , trying to comprehend the information she just heard.

 

"Alright I know you are surprise and didn't expect this but... babe, think about it. If we'll move, we'll have more time for each other because my airline always visits the country. And to be honest, there are a lot of korean immigrants there. So it's going to be easy for us."

 

Yoona shook her head softly, couldn't really react. So eun set aside the magazine as she move closer, reaching for her girlfriend's hand. 

 

"It's just one of my plans. Don't think about it yet, Okay?"

 

Yoona sighed, as she turned to the other girl. She can only smile and nodded. But inside her mind, she seemed against about her plans.

 

"Wait. I'll go to the rest room first." So eun peck at Yoona's lips before stood and left to the rest room.

 

Gazing down to the magazine on the next seat, Yoona picked it up and flip some pages. "New York... is a good place. But... my life... my life has been in Gwangju, ever since then. Aigoo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter