My Bride 21

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

21 | Without You

 

 

It's a new day. A new day for someone that was currently lying on the bed... almost likely doesn't want to wake up. But despite the heavy eyelids, she open her eyes. She greeted the sun rays that make it through her face with a small smile. "Morning." and a little word that escape her lips.

 

Slowly, she blinks her eyes, she let out a soft sigh and traveled her eyes slowly to the other side of the bed. A biting of lower lip was seen from her, as memories from last night flashes before her eyes. It was so unfortunate - the breakup.

That very moment also, her heart aches for the umpteenth time. But despite that, she still doesn't want this to happen. She still wanted an explanation. And most of all, she still want to do the wedding -- happily. But can she? 

 

Slowly sitting up, she abruptly reached for her head upon the pain that she felt on. It's throbbing, much to her dismay.

 

Casually, she left the bed and walked towards the bathroom. As she reach on the knob, and open the door, she couldn't open it wide. Her lips parted a little as she frowned to see the reason -- Seohyun was sitting on the cold floor, sleeping. Head was buried to her folded arms. "Hyu--" she was about to call her name when her mind crossed what happened last night, she inhaled a huge amount of air and fan herself through her hands. "Yoona, you have enough last night. Please... " a whined was heard from her quietly as she tried to compose herself back. Hastily, she walked back to the bed and put her hands on her hips while she bit her lower lip, trying to suppress the tears. However, no matter how much she wanted to prevent it from falling, it literally drops. She immediately wipe it off and once again, she was making some breathing exercise to calm herself.

 

"Okay... it's okay." Keeping her breath in for a few seconds, she let it out with a - "Ho!" a loud exhale. Consequently, she her back and walked back to the bathroom. Yet, when she went back, the other girl is already on her feet, currently brushing her teeth. Yoona deep sigh, staring back to her side profile. "Hyun... " and surprisingly, she was able to call her normally. Thanks for her calm nerves now.

 

Seohyun stopped from brushing her teeth and turned to her with the same big eye bugs under her eyes. "What?" and her voice were so cold.

 

Yoona hesitantly replied back. "Um... L-last night. W-what happened?" the question just made her heart ache -- it made her grit her teeth.

 

"We broke up." said Seohyun, in a whisper way. She had enough last night, so she choose not to care. "We are over. But don't worry... it's Okay. We are still doing this." she smiled at her, obviously force.

 

Yoona was speechless for a while. The way the other girl talks just made the puzzle got even worse. "Why?" so she voice out, sounded begging. "What's the reason? Why are you crying when I arrived? Why are you... did I did something wrong? If I did, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Just don't break up with me."

 

Seohyun looked away and finished her tooth brushing. But before she could even finish it, she felt herself being hugged on the side. Yoona, she's tightly hugging and pressing her forehead on her left side of her head... while she's whispering to her ears bitterly and emotionally. 

 

"P-Please... don't do this to us. I can't live without you... Don't break up with me...please... Boss."

 

Seohyun couldn't take it and pushed Yoona gently away from her. Yet, Yoona hug her back. 

 

"I will behave now. I promise. I will do everything you want. Just... please... please... please... don't." and continue to beg, continue to cry.

 

Seohyun was so near to give in, but she hold back. She pushed Yoona slowly again and looked into her eyes, deeply. "Listen, like I've said.... I can't trust you anymore. Don't be stupid... please... we can't continue this if the other person has no trust."  she attempted to walked away when Yoona got her on her arms, she was stunned when the girl scream on her.

 

"WAEYO!!! You are not like this yesterday!!!"

 

Seohyun was speechless. A single tear drops in the corner of her eyes. She stood there, frozen... feeling her aching heart - her throbbing head - exhausted body. It was all in one. She barely could take it. But despite that, she realized how much she hurt her, like how she is suffering from the truth as well. Both of them are hurting. The only difference, Yoona is confused.

 

The deer let go of her arms slowly, as she looked away. "I'm sorry." and apologized again. "I'll... I'll leave you now... so you could have your shower." but then, she realized her mistake. She her back and left her in the bathroom.

 

Seohyun wiped her tears off, hastily, as then, she hurriedly locked the door. She tried to calm herself, but yes, she still couldn't take it and cried. Her heart seemed not enough with the cry yet. It's still crying. "This is why I don't like this. I love her so much - but I can't... you can't continue this non sense Seohyun. You can't." she mumbles to herself. Marching back in front of the mirror, she saw her tears flowing non stop. "This is the last time. Cry it out... cry it out, Joohyun. After this, you don't have to do this anymore. Yeah... just like that. Just like that... "

 

Outside, Yoona has just calm down. She was pacing back and forth, while wiping the remaining tears. Taking a deep breath, she herself doesn't like to cry anymore. There wasn't any reason of it in the first place. All she needs now is the reason of it. "Ara... don't say sorry, Yoona. You did nothing wrong. Just ask her again later... but with more gentle... that's right. Don't get too emotional." She felt so idiot talking to herself. Yet, it was amazing that it felt her a little better. Having caught something in the corner of her eyes, she frowned to have found out that the rule was being tore. She lowered herself and decided to bring the pieces of paper into her palms and put it on top of the book. She glances at the bathroom and sighed. Getting up, she walked out the room and search for a maid when she didn't expect to see her Grandma, who just walked out her room -- staring at her blankly.

 

"Good morning, Honey. Why do you look like you've seen a ghost?"

 

"Do you have any scotch tape?" asked Yoona, voice is a bit low.

 

"For what?" Grandma just ask innocently back.

 

"Um, I... Aish! do you have or not?" Yoona can't help it and exclaim.

 

"Director Kim. He has. Why don't you - Yah! The breakfast is ready!" Grandma can't continue her words the moment Yoona runs away from her. "What's happening to her?" Yet, she noticed the tired face of her grandchild. "What happened to her and Seohyun?" which she wonders - did they made love last night? A wide grin seemingly grace on her face. "Yoona, you're really inheriting our family." That made her brightly smile, knowing that Yoona is just the same like her anf her son. She continues her way to the dining room.

 

After a while, Yoona went back to the room, carrying the tape she had borrowed. When she arrived, She can still hear the flowing of water, which indicates the younger girl seemed not yet done showering. She proceeds to the night stand and picked up the pieces of papers on top of the book. Sitting comfortably back to the mattress and using the tape, she connects the papers again. She doesn't care if what's the reason behind Seohyun's sudden actions, but she knows their rules shouldn't be torn -- not yet when she can't accept the breakup. When she's not yet allowing the girl to breakup with her.

 

Satisfied with her work, a smile formed on her face, as she put it back again in between of the pages of the book. Then she neatly place it on top of the night stand. That very moment, she heard the door in the bathroom opens. She instinctively turned, witnessing the younger girl walking out with a damp hair -- only wearing a towel on her body. Despite the heavy atmosphere around her, she still find her y with those soak hair.

 

Their eyes meet. But as soon as she flash her a bright smile and - "Good morning." greeted her, the girl looked away and walked in to the changing room. But she did hear her say 'Good morning', too. Though not so loud, she felt relieved she's Okay now. But she doubt inside... she really need to know behind this before it could gone worse.

 

Getting up, it was her turn to have her shower. 

 

 

 

 

[Soori's Room]

 

 

Yuri was finishing drying her hair when she thought about what happened last night. The conversation between her and Yoona and Sooyoung was quiet that serious. It was about the money -- the money that was lost and the way they're using the wedding to get it back. It made her think that - "What if... Seohyun had found out this last night? The cry - her cries was unexpected. And the way Yoona scream - she totally didn't expect it as well." just by thinking about it, it has a high possibility that Seohyun found out. She put the dryer back on the table and turned to see Sooyoung was busy with her phone on her bed. "Soo-" She didn't finished her words when the latter speak up.

 

"I seriously think that Seohyun had found out last night. She wouldn't be crying if there wasn't any reason."

 

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

 

Sooyoung stirred away from her phone. "That Seohyun misunderstood?"

 

"Omo." Yuri had a little gasp. "We have the same idea, Soo. I was thinking the same." she exclaimed, totally didn't expect it.

 

"You know since that was only thing that we discussed last night. And I thought... Seohyun had overheard? Eavesdropped?" Sooyoung added, sharing all her guesses, strongly. 

 

"Yes! And do you remember? at the middle of our conversation, I suddenly shared I felt like so strange - as if someone would walk on us?"

 

"Yeah, I remember that."

 

"Oh God, I really think it must be the reason of Seohyun's cries. She heard the reason of this wedding..."

 

"We should confirm this to Seohyun, now."

 

Like an instinct, Sooyoung jumps off of the bed, Yuri rushes to the door and together, they dashes to the next door. But before one of them could knock on it, they heard the door click open. They step back, as it opens in front of them.

 

"Oh, Yuri... Soo." Seohyun was the one who opened, looking so calm. "What are you guys doing here?" 

 

Yuri and Sooyoung didn't answer yet. Instead, they looked at the girl from head to toe. They noticed, Seohyun was only on her slippers, but still wearing her pajamas. Both girls looked at each other, feeling strange. 

 

"Aren't you planning to go out?" asked Yuri, curiously. Her prior question earlier subsided, for the mean time.

 

"Oh, Uh... I feel a little lazy. And besides... it's 2 days yet before the wedding. I am not planning to go out... unless you girls had some plans? To think, it's still early to go out. I haven't even eaten breakfast." said Seohyun, softly.

 

"Y-Yeah, you have the point. But at times like this, shouldn't you'd be preparing for a jogging? I thought... " Yuri stopped her words half way when she saw Yoona behind, her attention shifted on her. "Yoong!" she greeted her, happily.

 

"Yuri, Soo... I thought I would see you guys in the dining room?" Yoona greeted the two with a question. Her too is calm, and yet, smiling to them. 

 

"Wow." was the only word that left Sooyoung's lips when she realized -- All is back to normal.

 

Unlike for Yuri, she really questioned it. "Are you girls okay now? I mean... We heard cries to the next room last night. So we assumed you girls had a fight again? But to see you two back to normal again, I think all is well?" she had her wide smile, shining through her face.

 

The couple exchange gazes. Yoona flash a sincere smile to the younger. But Seohyun simply put a smile and turned to Yuri and Sooyoung immediately.

 

"Yes, it's all well now. That just some silly fights. I'm sorry if it disturbs you both." Seohyun pouted, feeling so bad now for lying. Recalling what she and Yoona had talked about earlier, she needed to endure this until their wedding. 

 

"Oh don't say that Hyun. You know I and Yuri has been so caring for the two of you - We would really appreciate if you girls actually shared the problems. But yes, since sometimes not all can be shared, we understand."

 

"Good thing and you two can always find a way and solve it. We are happy to know this." Yuri added, clasping her two hands, smiling widely. But who is she to be fooled? She knows Seohyun so well. The way she talks is totally different for her ears. And the way she smiled to Yoona earlier, she sense that there was hesitant on it. 

 

"I'm thankful." said Seohyun, faking her smile once again.

 

"Um, I think we should go together to the dining room." Yoona said, ushering Seohyun and the others to begin their way.

 

"After you girls." Yuri quickly suggested. In which, Yoona was the one who acted right away -- holding Seohyun's hand as they lead them to their walk.

 

Sooyoung just innocently followed the couple, but for the tan girl, she was stealing glances to the couple's hands... and she noticed, Seohyun is gripping on their intertwined hands.

 

They're not yet okay. I'm sure of it. Yuri thought at the back of her head. 

 

"Isn't it good? They seemed to be in good terms again. I have some plans for the day now." Sooyoung whispered to Yuri's ears.

 

The tan girl briefly looked at the other girl. "What?"

 

"Why don't we go on a swimming? I seriously miss swimming now!!!"

 

"That's good idea, Soo." Yoona butted, taking a quick glance behind. 

 

"I'll pass." Seohyun said, softly.

 

It made Yuri, Sooyoung and especially Yoona, stopped on their tracks. All three of them are staring at her -- having the same words on their heads.

 

"Wae?" The trio chorused.

 

Seohyun sighed, staring back to Yoona. "I'm a bit exhausted." and playfully, she winked at the other girl, which made the doe-eyed blink her eyes. Before they could react or tease Seohyun, the said girl let go of the deer's hand and make her way inside the dining room right away.

 

"No way?!" Sooyoung literally just shouted, exaggerating things.

 

"Huh?" Both Yuri and Yoona looked at her, with blank stares.

 

Sooyoung consequently put her two hands on the deer's shoulders and - "You girls did it again last night, No?!" she ask her. But more like, she was thinking dirty.

 

"What? How can - I mean... No! We did nothing like that!" Yoona defensively replied. Yet, her cheeks are blushing.

 

"Serious?"

 

"Babo!" Yuri smacked Sooyoung's head and followed Seohyun inside as well. 

 

"We did nothing except for sleeping!" Yoona hissed, and pushed Sooyoung off of her. She followed inside right away -- leaving Sooyoung amusingly.

 

"Aigoo, but she wink... what does that mean? tsk,tsk." shake Sooyoung's head, as she also followed them to the dining room. She sat down next to Yuri, then noticed the empty seat before them -- Grandma hasn't arrive. But the food was already prepared. "I thought I could see her first?" she ask, loudly.

 

"The maid said she's coming. She just took something from outside. She'll be here in a while." informed Yuri, yawning a little. She saw Seohyun glance at her, she smiled back.

 

"The food are good again... korean dish." Yoona commented, as she find herself getting excited to have all the korean cuisine in . 

 

"Yeah, come on Grandma... just arrive already." Sooyoung didn't missed and also agreed with the deer. 

 

Seohyun, she just smiled to the two girls being all silly again about the prepared food. But she couldn't help but also looked down under the table, Yoona was holding her still, not even planning of letting go. She was holding back though, but she wasn't well yet. It's still fresh for her. If her friends won't be around, she's gonna use this chance and have her rest. At least, she got her rest after last night's revelation and decision.

 

"I really think of just staying here forever... every food they prepared are always unique." added Sooyoung with a bright smile to Seohyun and Yoona, who were across them.

 

Yoona then turned to Seohyun. "Out of the food they had prepare? What do you like the most, baby?"

 

"You know I always like that potato, Nippy." Seohyun stated as a matter of fact. She brightly smiled at her.

 

"Chincha? I like all the food." Yoona sheepishly admitted, earning Yuri and Sooyoung's amuse smile.

 

"Seriously, you need to stop this talk. You girls - I mean... we should talk about the upcoming wedding. How do you feel like you're about to tie the knot with this idiot, deer, Hyun?" Yuri butted, changing the topic in a playful way.

 

The mention of the wedding made Seohyun smile, somehow. But at the same time, it made her gripped tightly on Yoona's hand -- Yoona just endure the pain through her smile to the young girl.

 

"I think I feel a little... nervous?" said Seohyun, tilting her head to her left, to face the deer. 

 

"Nervous?" Yoona uttered simply.

 

"Yes." Seohyun once again shift her attention -- to Yuri and Soo. "Nervous because I don't know what to expect for the wedding. I'm a little excited, somehow... because finally... I'm getting married with my long time crush." she mean the words so much. 

 

"Aww... " Yuri and Soo said at the same time. Both are admiring how Seohyun keep her feelings over the years.

 

Yoona took this chance and move her chair then reached for the younger girl's chin, turning it so she is facing her back. The moment their eyes meet, she couldn't deny it, she felt her heart again ache but at the same time, beating -- so special for the girl. She took her both hands and says, "Don't be nervous... I'm here... we are doing this together. And Yes, I'm also excited Hyun. I can't wait for that day." she sincerely said, through her loving gazes. Audibly sighing, she pulled Seohyun's hands up and pressed her lips against it. Seohyun could only bit her lower lip, watching Yoona down there, not moving yet. Her skin felt like electrifying due to the kissed.

 

Yuri and Sooyoung were pouting, sadly. "Why did you left my phone, Yuri."

 

"You also left mine, Soo." both were sad because they couldn't capture the moment.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter