Love Language 33

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

A wedding Proposal

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoona and Nana are in the road, almost having a fight when the thought of rings was being raise by Yoona. Nana seem to agree of buying rings, yet, Yoona, she wanted it to be simple. Whilst, Nana suggested it should be so special and expensive. They keep on arguing it, until Nana gave up and was convinced. Now, they're heading to a jewelry shop Nana had searched on her phone. As they arrived, they're welcomed by two girls, who introduced their selves as Gyuri and Irene.

 

 

"We are looking for a simple, wedding rings... is there any?" ask Yoona, as she and Nana are looking around the rings underneath them. A box of glass is separating them from the jewelries. Almost all of them were 

 

 

"Wedding rings? Well, we have here... gold and silvers, Miss." Gyuri, who is before the doe-eyed girl suggested, as she move to the left. Yoona follows her gazes and smiled to the shining silver rings, and gold rings.

 

 

"We also have birth stones wedding rings... if you are interested." Irene added. She's standing across Nana.

 

 

"Who is getting married?" Couldn't help it, Gyuri asked the Doe-eyed girl, who she can recognize well. "If I'm not mistaken, you are Im Yoona?"

 

 

 

Yoona looked up from the rings to Gyuri's curious eyes. She awkwardly smile and just didn't answer. Instead, she turned to Nana.

 

 

"They're almost the same. How am I suppose to select the best one?"

 

 

Nana shrugged. "Me either."

 

 

"Aish. Let's just choose randomly." Yoona groaned, has no intention of staying more in the shopt

 

 

"Is this for your fiance? Tiffany?" Teases Gyuri, earning a surprise look from the doe-eyed.

 

 

"Come again?"

 

 

"Your fiance?"

 

 

"Um, Miss Gyuri, I think it's none of your business anymore." Nana interrupted, before Yoona could boil her anger inside. She automatically held Yoona's forearm tightly, who at the same time looked at her with scoffed through the air. Nana smiled to Yoona, and gently released her. 

 

 

"I think we'll just get these two silver rings." Nana turned to the sales lady, who had her eyebrows rises for a moment, before she took their order out.

 

 

"I can't believe you." Yoona muttered, earning a nudge from Nana. "Fine, I will behave."

 

 

"Um, how much are they?" Nana proceeds.

 

 

"Just a cheaper price. Don't you want to buy these expensive rings? She's Tiffany. The only daughter of Hwang group should be so special."

 

 

"I think this would do." said Yoona, who send a quick glare to Gyuri before she turned to Nana, speaking through her eyes.

 

 

"Hmm, Okay. I'll handle this." Nana got the doe-eyed girl's message and give her a way. That then, Yoona left the jewelry shop, leaving her, dealing with the rings.

 

 

As Yoona went out, she couldn't help herself, and she scream out of irritation she had. She needed to calm herself before she could do something bad to that girl. So she took time, breathing in and out... slowly... and smoothly. She then release a sighed, as she gradually opened her phone, to see 2 messages was received.

 

 

 

from My Joohyunnie:

What are you doing?

Doctor Jung had another check up on me. But with my mouth this time >.<

 

 

From My Joohyunnie:

Omma and Appa are wondering if you could able to buy us dinner ;)

Is it Okay? We'll pay back later.

Until 7pm only, babe~ <3

 

 

 

Yoona couldn't barely agree, as she find herself smiling and flattering to the message she got from her girlfriend. Especially that she called her 'babe', which is so rare from her. She glance on the time of her phone, and nearly dropped it because it reads 4:45pm. Which means, she only have at least 2 hours left. Now that she had realized it, her mind averted to a priest and the church. Where is she going to find any at this time? Then, flowers. She needed to buy flowers for her as well. With that, she rush inside and quickly dragged Nana out with her. 

 

 

"Yah! I was-"

 

 

"We need to search for any church and a priest. Can you contact Lawyer Kim, if He does know anyone?" Nana couldn't react anymore, as Yoona speed off. She was just glad that she had paid the rings before Yoona dragged her back to the car. She put the paper bag inside her handbag as then, she started to contact the lawyer Yoona was saying.

 

 

"Is it ringing? Damn. I think I can't make it."

 

 

"It's ringing, but he's not answering it yet. Just focus on driving us--But wait, where are you driving us?" Nana ask amusingly. The said girl looked at her, totally blank.

 

 

"Yeah, where to?"

 

 

"You looked like you are driving us to the University again." Nana chuckled. Just then, she heard the line was being answered.

 

 

[Nana? What's up?]

 


"Attorney Kim, can I ask you something?"

 

 

[Go ahead.]

 

 

Nana has a huge smile on her face, staring at Yoona who is driving the car, carefully. "Yoona, she wanted to get marry today. Can you call us a priest and set us a schedule as soon as possible? But... tonight would be so awesome."

 

 

[Wow! Chincha? That's a good news! Alright, I'll handle this. I know someone. I'll call back later.]

 

 

After the phone call was hang up, Nana quickly slapped Yoona's shoulder who made a slight pain of what she did.

 

 

"Aish! So did He agreed?"

 

 

Nana giggles. "Of course. But Yoona, don't drive us to the University, drive us to the nearest flower shop."

 

 

"Ne? Yah! don't we need to-"

 

 

"Lawyer Kim will handle it for you. He'll call you later."

 

 

Yoona's face brightened. "Chincha?"

 

 

"Yup. So I think we should buy flowers now. You also have that in my, didn't you?"

 

 

The doe-eyed beauty nodded so enthusiastically. "But we need to buy dinner for them too." which she also added.

 

 

"And Oh, we also have to buy you clothes, Yoong! I guess it's also shopping!!" Nana got excited with the thought, as she clasped her palms against to each other, with her eyes sparkling.

 

 

"Err... you look like you want to have a shopping as well."

 

 

Nana wiggles her eyebrows, earning a grimace look from her cousin, who also slapped her arm. She giggles, afterwards.

 

 

 

--^^--

 

 

 

 

[Hospital]

 

 

 

Clueless as to why Yoona didn't react to her message, that she usually react every time she'll text her, Seohyun just toss the phone on the side and got off of her bed. She's been sitting in her bed for 30 minutes now, so she wanted to go and walk for a while, while everyone is not around. Her parents are on the way to the hospital though.

 

 

As she left the ward, two guards looked at her with a confusion drawn to their faces.

 

 

"Where are you going?"

 

 

Seohyun could only shrugged, not minding about what they ask her. She turned and proceeds to walk. However, they block her. 'Ne? What's wrong?' ask her, using her hand languages.

 

 

The guards exchange looks then to Seohyun, which they actually had not known, she's deaf. Not until at this moment. 

 

 

Seohyun senses they are not going to response anytime soon. She gradually attempted to pass at them again. But for the 2nd time, they stopped her. 'Why don't you step aside?!' It irritates her.

 

 

"Hold on, Miss Seo. Hyung, can you give me a pen and a note?"

 

 

"Hold her. I'll grab some." with that, the older guard left them. 

 

 

Seohyun stomped her feet. Instead of waiting for them, she took this chance and suddenly runs away.

 

 

"Omo! Hyung! Comeback here! She runs!" Without any further ado, both guards chases the younger girl. As they chases her, the latter stopped right in front of the Hospital's entrance. They were about to approached her, when the latter her back and face them.

 

 

"Miss Seo, you should be going back inside."

 

 

Seohyun ignore. She crossed her arms and dragged her feet to the nearest bench, whilst, the guards followed her. She sat down, reached for the magazine and started to read. Around her, patients, families and friends are walking casually here and there. The two guards watched in amusement, as they realized the younger girl is all smiling, while reading the current issue of a fashion magazine.

 

 

"I thought she would really go out."

 

 

"Me too." Both guards let out a sigh of relief. They're standing by the side, keeping an eye to the girl while at the same time, they look also around, making sure that no one has the mind to hurt their boss' other half.

 

 

Seohyun, she slowly realized that the two guards didn't even left her. In that sense, she has now believe that these two ain't for any random job. Both seem to be hired by someone she know by the name, Yoona. At first, she didn't believe Yuri, but now, she's 100% sure they're in her side to protect her. She had a smile in her face, thinking that Yoona is so protective and at the same, caring towards her. It flatters her, yet, she felt bad that she's bothering the doe-eyed.

 

 

 

'I'll make sure, I'll be the one taking care of her if I got my voice and hearing back.' In that mind, she really prays the surgery will be a success.

 

 

 

Flipping over the pages of the magazine, she stopped at one particular page called, Monique Lhullier's wedding gown collections. Her finger makes its way to the picture, as she smiled, imagining herself, wearing the wedding dress. It's a little ironic and totally so early, but she couldn't help herself as she imagined herself, in the isle and her dream wedding is currently happening. That made her heart races as she also imagined, Yoona, wearing the same dress with her... oh so gorgeous. She couldn't contain herself and giggle. 'That's too impossible. How could I think like this. I'm out of my mind.We are just starting this relationship. How can I be sure about this? But, ugh... ' She flipped the pages to another page, just to get rid of her thoughts. 

 

 

For the time being, she enjoyed the magazine. It was then she realized, it's almost 6 in the evening, she saw in her phone screen. That made her think that the doe-eyed girl hasn't come to visit her. She looked around, hoping to see spot her or anything. 'Where is she? I thought she would be here before 7 strikes. I think she really wants to do the punishment.' she giggled, imagining Yoona singing in front of the Doctors. 

 

 

Knowing that Yoona might not come sooner or later, she stand up and left the lounge of the Hospital, as she went to the cafeteria of the said place. It's a little embarrassing for her now, that she is still being followed by the body guards, causing for people around her looked at her. She literally just flush and cupped her cheeks, until she entered the cafeteria. As she entered, more eyes were on her. However, she's glad that none of them is approaching her or do anything bad. She ignore all their stares and went to grab some pre-dinner. For an appetite somehow. She only grab chicken sandwich, then settle down in one of the table. 

 

 

Seohyun was about to have her bite, when she noticed, her guards is still standing not that close to her. She stopped midway and put the sandwich to her plate. Standing up again, she walked back to the counter and grab the same two sandwiches, then give it to the two guys.

 

 

 

"Oh, T-thanks Miss Seo." The two guards bowed at the same time, as they accepted it simultaneously as well. Seohyun smiled and gradually took her seat again. A little surprise with the sudden action from the younger, Seohyun's guards giggle silently as they exchange gazes while they bite their sandwiches. 

 

 

As they take small bites, and Seohyun finishing up her own, Seohyun's parents arrived in the cafeteria, quickly spotting her table. They approach her table and sat down before her.

 

 

 

"Where's Yoona? haven't she arrive?" Mrs. Seo ask her daughter who just finished her sandwich.

 

 

 

'I don't know. Is it already 7?' came Seohyun's question as well. The guards from the side smiled as they watched the Seo family converse through their sign languages. It's kind of cute to their eyes. 

 

 

 

"Yes. It's basically... " Mr. Seo paused as he loked at his wrist watch. "... 7:20. Wae? Did she told you when is she coming?"

 

 

 

'I ask her to arrive before seven Appa.' Seohyun pouted sadly. She's kind of a little disappointed that Yoona didn't take it seriously.

 

 

 

"For what reason?" Clueless, Mrs. Seo just ask her daughter flatly. 

 

 

 

"And you look like sad?" Mr. Seo added. He squinted his eyes towards her.

 

 

 

Seohyun's pout disappeared as she shook her head, denying it. Yet, her parents seem not convinced, as they waited her to say more thing about it. She sighed, defeated. 

 

 

 

'I honestly ask her to visit me, because I miss her... and... I just want her to see me. That's all.' Seohyun blushes at her own confessions to her parents. She bit her lower lip, a little shy. Her parents smiled at her, teasingly.

 

 

 

"I thought you were mad at her?" Mrs. Seo poke at Seohyun's nose, the latter blush even further as she admitted,

 

 

 

'I was... but, I don't know. Her sweet words just softened me. I can't stay mad at her, forever.' Seohyun literally face palmed, hiding her red face.

 

 

 

Mr. and Mrs. both giggle at how cute and adorable is their daughter. Yet, they realized, their daughter has grown up. The last time, she would only talk about what happened to her work at Sunshine store, now, she's talking about someone. And that's involved love. 

 

 

 

"Aww... How adorable~ our daughter." Mrs. Seo reach for her daughter's hand and pulled it off of her, the latter shyly looked at her, as smile in her smile didn't left. She giggles and pinch her cheeks, before she leaned back on her seat. "We have to wait for her, then."

 

 

 

"Yuri and Sunny are going to visit the Hospital tonight too." Mr. Seo informed, earning Seohyun's nodded, as she finally get rid of her embarrassment .

 

 

 

"Doctor, we have to see her after dinner as well. She said she's seeing a new doctor that will help the team as well."

 

 

 

"That makes 4 doctors now?" ask Mr. Seo, frowning.

 

 

 

"Yes, honey. For this time, he's only checking for Seohyun's throat. He'll not be part of the surgery team for her ears." Mrs. Seo added. She's speaking it verbally and through her hand. 

 

 

 

'Yes. Doctor Jung also mentioned that to me, Omma.'

 

 

 

"This is a double treat then. You can hear and possibly, you can talk?"

 

 

 

Seohyun smiled at her mother's hopeful eyes. 'I wish too, Omma.' She herself is positive about the surgery. It should be a success, no matter what.

 

 

 

"Well, will see it later after the surgery. I'm sure, going to be fine" Mr. Seo warmly smiled. He held his daughter's hand, who also held him back. Mrs. Seo also joined, making Seohyun flattered by her parents support. Both proud parents got off of her seat and give their daughter a warming group embrace.

 

 

Seohyun couldn't help herself and felt so overwhelmed. She is definitely grateful to her parents. She wouldn't be this positive without them. So it's a triple treat for her. Perhaps some may say that she's taking it for granted, but definitely, she's just thankful with all these things that came to her life, without even her asking for it. She's sure, she'll pay Yoona back with everything that is happening to her right now.

 

 

 

"Ara, let's wait for Yoona in the ward. She might be looking for us now." Mrs. Seo said, releasing the hug a moment later. Her husband also followed right after. Seohyun, she stand up and took her mother's hand who held her hand out to her.

 

 

 

As they walk back to the ward, Mr. Seo suddenly received a call that made him left and promised to comeback before nine. Seohyun and her mother just proceeds to the ward. 

 

 

 

Once they arrived, they haven't even opened the ward and noticed the lights inside were off.

 

 

 

"Did the nurse turned it off?" ask Mrs. Seo.

 

 

 

"I think nurses has no right to turned off a ward's patient without consulting the patient, Mrs. Seo. It should even be on all the time." explained the taller guard, who is obviously not liking the idea. He and his friend exchange gazes then both nodded as they decided to step forward for the two. Seohyun looked at them confused. "We'll check the inside first, if it's safe to go in or not. We'll see it later if it's safe."

 

 

 

"Okay. we'll stay behind." said Mrs. Seo, as she let the two bodyguards walk in. She reach for her daughter's hand and step two backward, so the latter would also do the same.

 

 

 

'Omma? what's going on?' Seohyun looked a little bothered. She couldn't barely like the feeling of her mother's protective hand, holding her tight, while they waited for the guards to go back. Her mother doesn't have a chance to explain it to her anymore, as the two guards quickly went back, gaining their attention almost immediately.

 

 

 

"Um, Mrs. Seo, I'm afraid it's only you who is allowed to go in." 

 

 

 

"Ne? Why?" Mrs. Seo is starting to get worry. She grabbed her daughter's shoulders and protectively held her in place. "Don't you dare-"

 

 

 

"Miss Im, she's inside... and... Uh how can I explain this..." The other guard looked at his friend, telling him to help him.

 

 

 

"I'll explain it further. Mrs. Seo, Miss Im she wanted to talk to you firstly, before it's Seohyun's turn." finished the other guard, who has an amuse smile towards his friend.

 

 

 

"Yoona-ssi?"

 

 

 

"Yes. And please, don't tell her that It's our boss." The guard the opens the door, and both girls still can't see anything inside, for how dark it is.

 

 

 

'Omma, Yah! tell me what's going on.' Seohyun is getting much confused, while at the same time bother. Her heart started to beat so fast.

 

 

 

Mrs. slowly calmed down, as she turned and releases her hold to her daughter. 'Doctor Jung, she's inside. She want to talk to me, then, you later. You'll wait for a while Okay?' she seems to get where is this heading.

 

 

 

'Okay.' Seohyun who also had a relief of sigh, nodded, without putting any  suspects of the sudden visit of Doctor Jung. Anyhow, the latter is her doctor. She might be adding some details for tomorrow's surgery.

 

 

 

As she waited, Seohyun got this chance and took a seat to a nearby bench, which is along the hallway. Since she had left her phone inside, all she could do at the moment is to have her patience, while her mother talks with Doctor Jung. On the side, the two guards can't contain their smiles, as if they already know the talk was going on inside, and what will happen later.

 

 

 

As time passes, Seohyun's patience has getting thinner. She got impatient, as she stood up and walked to the door of the ward again. But for an unknown reason, the guards are blocking her. Even the window, they're covering it. She advanced, wanted to go in, yet,she was push back gently, making her groan. 

 

 

 

'I can't wait anymore! It's 10 minutes!' She tried to reason, but boy, did the guards understand her. Hissing, she gradually march back to the bench and took her seat. It was then that moment, the door opens, and Mrs. Seo walk out. Quickly, she rushes and ask her mother. 'So what Unnie? Did Doctor Jung-What's that?' Her questions about Doctor Jung vanished, when she noticed her mother is carrying a handkerchief.

 

 

 

'You'll see later.' Mrs. Seo informed her daughter, before she gradually took the step and in fast move, she manage to tie it around her daughter's, covering her eyes.

 

 

 

'Omma what's this?! What are you doing?!' Seohyun tried to protest, but she can only feel her mother's soft touches on her shoulders.

 

 

 

'You'll like it, trust me.' then the next time she knew, her mother hold her two wrists and makes a hand languages which she totally can understand. Even though her eyes are covered. 

 

 

 

Mrs. Seo then softly hold her daughter's two hands, and by her back, she kissed her cheeks. Seohyun slowly and slowly trusted her mother, as her instinct says, it's something about Doctor Jung? The said Doctor might have a gift for her? A stuff toy?

 

 

 It makes her smile so excitedly, thinking about it. She hold her mother's hands, back, as well, nodding her head to confirm her agreement.

 

 

With that, Mrs. Seo was convinced. She gently push her with her towards the awaiting door. The guard open it for them, as they step in.

 

 

 

Yoona who has been in the ward, has perfect bright smile in her face, as she can see her, Seohyun, being lead by Mrs. Seo.

 

 

 

"What am I going to do next?" Mrs. Seo ask, still holding her daughter's hands behind. Clueless Seohyun is just waiting for any moment Doctor Jung will open the handkerchief or her own mother.

 

 

 

Yoona bowed to Mrs. Seo before she answered her, "You can  now take the leave Omoni. I'll do the rest."

 

 

 

"Hmm, Okay." Mrs. Seo flash a warm smile to Yoona, as then, she slowly release her hold to her daughter and gently give her a kiss on her forehead. Hold her wrist again, she uses it to inform her daughter. 'Doctor Jung will take care of you. I'll be just outside.'

 

 

 

Seohyun nodded, slowly. 

 

 

 

Mrs. Seo can't help herself. She literally shed a tear as she pulled her daughter for a tight hug. "I love you so much honey.... and you'll be forever our baby. Your father and I's precious daughter." her voice had crack a little as she say the words that came to her to her heart. Gently, she pulled back and caresses her daughter's cheeks gently. Yoona then went behind Seohyun and once again, she bowed to Mrs. Seo.

 

 

 

"You promise, Okay?" 

 

 

 

"Yes. I will always keep it in mind." Yoona confidently answered.

 

 

 

"That's enough for me." Mrs. Seo finally step back and gradually give Yoona a brief hug before she left the ward, peacefully.

 

 

 

Taking the chance, Yoona breath in and out, as she push Seohyun gently near to the hospital bed. Then slowly, she untied the handkerchief, behind the younger girl. 

 

Having been sensing that it's a different person already, behind, Seohyun shrugged that thought, as she Slowly, opened her eyes. For the first 5 seconds, she barely could see because of the dark she had earlier. Yet, as she blink for a couple of more times, her eyes slightly widened when a text in her hospital bed greets her. It's a formation of rose petals, saying, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

At the bottom, there are two paper boards, with a Yes or No, both in separate boards.

 

 

 

'What's going on? Where's Doctor Jung?' ask Seohyun, through her mind as she look around, and when she turned behind, her eyes just widened more, 'Yoona?' before she could even think of anything else to ask, Yoona got another huge paper board she picked up on the floor and a text can be read as;

 

 

 

It was said that, before a couple get marry, they should make sure that their love is strong enough for a lifetime commitment, and that, they had enough experience for their relationship. I know we are just starting, but trust me, we'll figure this out. Marrying you could be this rush at this moment, however, I know, deep in my heart, I want to take care and lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter