My Bride 24

YoonHyun's Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

24 | The Hype 1.2

 

It has been two hours now since Yuri had become a baby sitter of a certain bride - marrying tomorrow. Baby sitting, as in wherever Seohyun would go - she's following. Whatever the girl wants to buy, she'll buy (in Grandma's money). Whatever the girl wants to eat, she'll also eat with her. It's not even like a baby sitting already -- it's more like a slave. The young dj is really taking advantage of her kindness. But no matter how much she wanted to complain, she can't. She's Yoona's fiancee and her friend, she can't say no to them. They're like her family already, somehow. On top of that, she's a Yoonhyun shipper. She doesn't want to disappoint them -- never. Otherwise, the launch of Yoonhyun fansite is not happening.

 

Sighing tiredly, Yuri decided to take her seat to one of the bench, outside a souvenir shop. Glancing inside, she can see Seohyun, seems to be immerse with the things she can see around. Not interested, she decided not to go inside. At least for now, she can have some rest. Her legs can rest. Suddenly hearing her phone beeps, she fish it out and was curious why Yoona is texting her. Thus, she opened it and read what's the entire text message.

 

from Yoona:

[Where is Grandma really heading? Why aren't we still seeing her, here?]

 

Feeling a bit weird, Yuri just send a text message.

 

to Yoona:

[I don't know. It was clear on her note that she's coming back to Villa. 

Maybe she drops by to a particular place? Who knows?]

 

Just a little seconds that passed, Yoona's reply was seen immediately.

 

 

from Yoona:

[We have some situations here. I don't know if you're going to believe it or not, but Grandma... she's asking me to cancel the wedding in return for my trust fund. Now, I don't know what to do anymore. Help me decide on this.

 

 I was thinking about the possibilities if I'm going to accept the money or not; One, no wedding happening this year, but we'll have it next year - That's if... I'll get the money. In that case, our project will be save. Two, I won't accept the money - the wedding is on. But I'm going to be poor. The project is off. You can't give money to your parents - which I don't want to see. I know you have your priorities too, Yuri.

 

P.S. The cheque is back. But I don't think it's going be enough.]

 

 

Yuri was speechless, doesn't know how to react. She was a bit confuse, with the details but at the same time... she questioned why Grandma is doing it? Well unless she found out about the cheque?

 

"Wait... " and that's like the idea hit her hard, she recalled the question Grandma ask her last night. "She was asking about the cheque... could it be... " she knows about the money - which is the reason of the wedding. Her eyes slightly widened as she thought of the possibilities. "If Grandma Im has the cheque... which means, she knows Yoona was in trouble with money that time. So technically, she bait Yoona in return of a wedding wish? Like, I'll solve your problem, marry somebody. Oh how brilliant Grandma... " She nods, as she understands it now. It was all Grandma's game ever since then. "Well, like she always says, she wanted Yoona to change. And she succeeded. But why is she taking it back? Seems like... she change her mind... Interesting." smirked her, somehow, proud enough that the elder can still think like this.

 

 Sighing, she once again glance inside and saw how happily Seohyun is checking a thing on her grasp. Then out of a sudden, she turned to her and flashes a smile to her. "No. The wedding should continue. I can't take to see Seohyun hurting again." with that, she turned back to her phone and send a quick message to Yoona.

 

to Yoona:

[Choose no. 2 Yoona. 

Don't worry - we got this. We'll finish the project together.]

 

------------

 

from Yoona:

[But what about you? Yuri, I can't take to see you suffering as well.

We can just sacrifice the wedding tomorrow. Besides, we can do it next year.]

 

------------

 

to Yoona:

[Yoong, you're my friend. Your happiness is my happiness.

Come on, it's tomorrow already. You'll hurt Seohyun if you're going to cancel it.

You guys have come this way. Don't waste this opportunity.]

 

------------

 

from Yoona:

[I'm pretty sure Seohyun will understand.]

 

-----------

 

to Yoona:

[Let's put it this way - let's cancel the wedding... but what will happen next? Yoong, we never can tell what will happen.

And next year? Are you sure of it? The future is still so blur for us.]

 

------------

 

from Yoona:

[Are you asking for my patience? Yes, I am willing to wait until next year.

I don't want to do this if my friend - my friends will suffer with my trouble.

I got you guys on this. I should take responsibility. 

And I'm certain, Seohyun will have the same sentiments. Just let me do this.]

 

------------

 

to Yoona:

[

 

Yuri couldn't reply back - that moment her heart flattered and a single tear drops in her eyes upon reading the last message she read. That moment when she know herself, her friend is also concerned about her - shivers her. She end up tossing her phone on the side of her seat, only to took deep breaths, as she doesn't want more tears would drop. "Aish!" wiping it off, she hastily took her phone again and still insist.

 

to Yoona:

[If you're going to do that - let's forget we are friends.]

 

----------

 

from Yoona:

[Are you serious? Yah! don't threat  me!]

 

----------

 

to Yoona:

[I've said it. We'll finish the project without your Grandma's money. 

WE are doing this as a team. So don't ya ever take Grandma's money.

Don't think about me. I can handle this. I'm not Yuri right now, when I don't know how to pass a challenge.]

 

-----------

 

from Yoona:

[Yuri!!!]

 

Yuri can't help it and chuckles. She's certain, the girl was now whining or wailing. "How cute."

 

to Yoona:

[So don't take the money if you still care about our friendship.]

 

--------

 

from Yoona:

[I would have thought of it first. I hate you.]

 

---------

 

to Yoona:

[Hate me when we are not friends anymore ;p ]

 

 

With that last message, Yoona didn't reply anymore. And her attention was back again inside the shop. This time, she caught the young girl paying before she left the shop and now, faces her. "What's inside?" which she curiously ask.

 

"You'll see later. Um, can we stop by a restaurant? I'm hungry." a cute pout was seen from the bride, who seems to be telling it honestly.

 

Without a doubt, Yuri got up and got the paper bag. "I'll carry this for you. Now, where?" and ask the latter - bright again.

 

"What happened? Why is your eyes quiet red?" But Seohyun can't miss to notice the tan girl. Yuri chuckled, and lied.

 

"Nothing. I just got some dirt on my eyes earlier. I need to rub it of. Now where?" again, Yuri wanted to know what kind of restaurant.

 

"Are you sure?" Yet, Seohyun was concerned.

 

"Of course, princess. Now where?"

 

Seohyun smiled, convinced. "At the mall we passed."

 

"But we have to go back to the resort after this. Araso? I received a text that your gown will be delivered - we have to be there before they do."

 

 Seohyun can't believe what was happening. But she certainly knows the tan girl is serious with her baby sitting. She stepped forward and looked at her close enough on her eyes. "Um, Yuri?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Aren't you just taking it serious? I mean... as my baby sitter? I'm big enough, ya know." 

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, patting the girl's shoulders. "I know what I am doing. So you should follow me... araso?"

 

"Shouldn't-"

 

"Enough words. Let's go." Immediately cutting Seohyun's words, Yuri got the girl's hand and dragged her gently with her. Going back to the street they had pass. Seohyun, she could only let the girl held her, as they walk back in silence - yet - smiling. It's her last day as a single lady - she's sure enjoying it so far. Yuri as her baby sitter seemed helping.

 

 

 

 

[Villa]

 

 

Yoona put her phone on the table with a deep sighed. She wasn't sure about it, honestly. She can't do this if she'll be able to see her friend Yuri suffering with this trouble. Just because of her mistake, everything has been on Yuri. The girl has been doing things for her - which she cannot let it this time. Not only her, her friend Sooyoung will also be tag on this. However, a part of this, a certain someone -- Seohyun. She's also going to hurt her if she's going to take the money. But knowing her well, she can expect she would understand.

 

"Oh, God. What was happening? Why is Grandma taking back all her plans now? I thought she like this?" Besides this, she was hurt. She definitely needs an explanation why on such thing it is happening. Just a day before the wedding? Ridiculous!

 

She's suppose to be relaxing now - because tomorrow is the big day. But Damn! She wants to scream all of these inside her. She want to kick someone right now. Worse, kill someone? 

 

"Damn it, Grandma!" yelled her, kicking the feet of the table - causing for it to move abruptly. Sooyoung who just walked in to the garden almost jump in surprise when she heard her. She sighed, watching Soo took her seat across her. "Did she arrive yet?"

 

"Nope. But I got some bad news." 

 

"Come on, my morning was already bad. Don't add it, Soo." Yoona casually replied, taking her glass of water next to her phone. She had some few gulps of it before Soo had hand her a news paper.

 

"What's this?" 

 

Sooyoung raised her shoulders lightly. "It's some business article in regards to Im Group."

 

"Chincha?" Taking it, Yoona reads the article. At first, she can't get the main point of the article, but when she was already at the middle, "Im Group is taking some changes?"

 

"Yeah, and you can also read on that... your name. You are being mentioned - about taking President Cha's position. The board seemed to agree on it already."

 

"Shut the... " Yoona wants to curse, heck, Sooyoung beat her.

 

"F!ck! Up!" Soo snickers. "I know what you are feeling right now. She's pressuring you - I mean... it seems to be planned." Sooyoung commented, quiet suspecting, the elder has planned this all along.

 

Yoona gripped on the news paper tightly. "Damn. So it's like we've been toyed? I seriously need to see her now. I don't think she's thinking on her right mind. How about my happiness she's been saying? I thought she loves me?"

 

"That's what I am also thinking. It's like, she doesn't seem to mean all the words she has been telling us. Yoona, she bait you. I suggest we should just leave and forget about this. You know, you have the cheque already. It can help us anyway."

 

"No." Yoona looked back at Sooyoung with stern look. "I'm going to fight on this. We are not going home. She started this, we'll end this together as a team."

 

Sooyoung took a quiet moment, staring back to the deer, reading her gazes. And when she confirms how determined she was, she speak up. "Are you sure about it?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"So what's your plan?" 

 

Yoona paused to sigh audibly and looked down to her water. "Just easy... I'll set conditions as well." 

 

"What kind of conditions?"

 

"I've talk with Yuri earlier and she agree on my idea. I'm not canceling this wedding - but I am not taking any amount of cents."

 

"What about the project? We can't continue the project without it. What about me?" Sooyoung exclaimed, couldn't seem to agree.

 

Looking back to Sooyoung, Yoona added, "Like I've said... we are doing this as a team. We'll work on the commercial still, yet, without her money. We'll work on this together."

 

"Are you sure we can-"

 

"Trust me. I can find a way for this." Yoona huskily uttered, earning the tall shikshin's nodding of head. "Thank You."

 

"Just don't be reckless." Sooyoung patted the doe-eyed's shoulders, earning her small smile.

 

"I hope so."

 

That then, a maid came up to them, telling them that Grandma has already arrived. Without taking any waste of times, Yoona and Sooyoung rushes back inside the Villa. They meet up with the elder in front of the stairs. Unfortunately, Grandma didn't yet entertain them -- as the latter went upstairs and reasoned for change of clothes and also ask them to wait on the dining room. Both girls have complied. But when Grandma arrived to the dining, it took an hour. Yet, Yoona and Sooyoung never left their seats. When Grandma arrived, Yoona didn't miss the chance and say her intention directly.

 

"What about your conditions? Why did change it?"

 

Sooyoung across her - took a deep breath and anticipated an answer. But Grandma, she was taking her time. She was thinking whilst, casually having her lunch in front of them. Yoona, though she understands, she added words.

 

"Do you think this frightens me? No. I want you to know that I am not taking the money. And I am not canceling the wedding." Her words are so clear that it made Grandma looked at her for a brief second before resuming on her salad.

 

The deer hissed. She was about to say what was on her mind when she heard Sooyoung mouthed 'calm down'. She took a deep breath and try to put herself back before continuing. "If you are thinking that we are doing this because of the money - Yes you are right. But that wasn't about it now. I love you and I want you to be happy... that's-that's why I am doing this. I love Seohyun very much... which I seriously don't want to hurt her. Please, if you do love her like what you also have said... then please... don't. Don't ever hurt her." She sighed at the end.

 

"What was on the condition was final... what do you suggest if you don't like to take your trust fund?" Grandma Im finally spoke up - wearing a poker face to her grandchild. "I am not forcing you. I'm giving you a choice."

 

"You've heard it. I am doing the wedding... tomorrow. And I am not taking any amount from you." Yoona determinedly answered back.

 

"You thought that'd be easy? How about your friends you have drag on this?"

 

"We are working together. We'll still do the project without the money from you. I think 100 million won is enough to help us with this."

 

"You seriously know how to joke Yoona."Grandma Im chuckles softly.

 

"I am serious."

 

Grandma's mouth was shut, seeing how serious was her grandchild. Staring back calmly to her Grandchild, she took time reading her through her eyes, and she was convinced -- she's fighting over her conditions. Taking her glass of juice, she answers back. "Just when did you become serious?"

 

"Don't play around Grandma. Just tell me now if you honestly like my idea." Yoona had hissed, as her teeth gritted. But despite that, she's controlling her growing anger.

 

"I love that attitude. You are really good choice if you will take President Cha's position."

 

"We are not talking about that here."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter