Chapter 89

Masks

13 Days before the debut showcase:

"Morning, the sleeping beauty. Your'e late." I heard Sey's voice when I opened my eyes.

"What time is it?" I asked, yawning. The morning came too soon.

"4:30. We need to leave in half an hour." she informed me.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I asked, sitting on my bed.

"You were sleeping so soundly.." she answered. "Go get ready, Jinu will be mad if wer'e late."

"I hate it." I grunted and got off of my bed, heading the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, trying to wake up. 4:30 in the morning is way too early to wake up, but I guess we should get used to it.. The sooner the better.

At 5:00 Jinu knocked on our door.

"Good morning, pretty ladies." Jinu smiled.

"Get lost." Sumi mumbled.

"Language!" he scolded.

"It's too early!" she whined.

"We have schedules and it takes forever to do your hair and makeup, that's why you are up this early."

"Good morning, oppa." I entered the living room, smiling.

"You see? Why can't you be nice like Hyeri?" Jinu asked Sumi.

"I prefer dying." she stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Where is everyone else?" Jinu asked, scanning the empty living room.

"Here!" they said, coming out of our bedroom.

"Let's go. You can sleep in the car."

 

~

 

At 5:45 we arrived at our music video set. It looked so pretty! It had various mini sets like an office, a cafe and a classroom.

"Listen up." Jinu said, getting our attention. "We are doing the drama parts first, this is why we are here. When we finish it we will do the dance parts with the cheerleading outfits, but this will be filmed in a stadium and not here."

"How many parts do we have?" I asked.

"Each one has her story part and you are doing the dance together, but your personal parts has a couple of scenes each, so it means eleven parts in total."

"What about our supposed boyfriend?" Sey asked.

"We got a male model and we asked for some extras to be the girls hitting on him all the time and for other things as well." Jinu explained.

"So all of us are dating one guy?" Eun Hee asked.

"Yes."

"Alright. Who does what?" Yujin asked curiously. Jinu took out a note from his pocket and started reading it.

"Hyeri - street, Yujin - classroom, Eun Hee - cafe, Sey - office, Sumi - party."

"Sounds good." I said. The locations seem to fit our age and personality.

"The director will explain what you do in each scene before we start filming. You should go get ready. Yujin, your scene is first."

"Excuse me." Someone said behind Jinu.

"Yes?" Jinu turned to him, smiling.

"I'm Aron. I'm the male model.." he said and bowed. Me and the girls examined him. He is handsome. Really handsome. I see why he is modeling.. He looks like he just came out of a magazine.

"Nice to meet you." Jinu smiled and shook his hand. "Meet your partners for today." he pointed at us.

"Hmm.." I cleared my throat. "I'm Hyeri. Nice to meet you." I bowed.

"Yujin."

"Sey."

"Eun Hee."

"I'm Sumi." she said cutely.

"We should go change.. We all look like zombies right now.." I mumbled, self-concious about our looks. We don't have makeup on and all of us look quite bad since we got up early and didn't have time to dress properly yet.

"Yeah, let's go." Eun Hee goaded.

"We will see you soon." Sumi smiled at him and we went to change clothes and do our hair and makeup.

 

~

 

"He is hot." Yujin stated the moment we were alone.

"Really hot." Eun Hee added.

"At least we won't have to fake much.. It will be easy to get jealous with him." Sey said.

"Let's get dressed." I said.

 

~

 

Yujin was first. Her set is a classroom since she is supposed to be a student. She was dressed prettily with a skirt, a nice shirt and flats. It made her look younger. Not that she needed it, since she is already young. The location fits her perfectly since most people at her age are doing their degree right now.

The male model, Aron, was dressed casually as well. There were a lot of extras as students as well. Both of them sat in the classroom, supposedly in the middle of class. The first scene they had was Yujin looking around them, only to realize that they are surrounded by girls who keep stealing glances at her boyfriend. She frowned, annoyed from their actions. In the second scene she is daydreaming about walking hand in hand with him in the hallways, earning frustrated and envious looks from these girls.

Eun Hee was filming her scenes in the cafe. She was wearing a pair of shorts, a blouse, a hairband and sneakers. They were sitting at a table at the cafe when the waitress slid a napkin with her phone number written on it to Aron. Eun Hee got mad when she noticed it and she daydreamed about spilling a hot coffee on the waitress.

Next was my turn. I was wearing a sundress and sandals and we were supposedly walking on the street in the middle of a date, holding hands. While we walked a few girls "accidently" bumped into Aron and apologized, taking the opportunity to flirt with him a little. I got annoyed but stayed quiet. After a few more steps a guy bumped into him, using the same method as the previous girls, leaving me dumbfounded. My daydream scene was me in a boxing ring with the guy that bumped into Aron. I had to change clothes again to boxing clothes, but I didn't mind. All the girls watched us fight and when I won they ran away, scared I'll hurt them as well.

Sey had her scene in an office. She was wearing a white buttoned shirt, a black pencil skirt and black stiletto heels. Her hair was tied into a high ponytail and she had light makeup on. She really looked like a business woman. In her scene she was copying some documents in the photocopier when she noticed the other female co-workers pampered Aron with bringing him coffee, bringing him the papers he needed and basically doing his job for him. In the daydream scene she walked to Aron's table furiously, slammed the papers she was holding onto his table, grabbed a stapling gun and pointed it at the girls, aiming to shoot them. Eventually she shot a couple of staples and the girls she hurt collapsed on the floor.

The last one was Sumi, who had her scene in a nightclub. Both of them were dresssed for a party. In this scene she was dancing with Aron and a lot of girls started to cling onto Aron while they danced, which annoyed Sumi. She wrapped her hands tighter around him, letting the other girls know he is taken. When it didn't work they kissed, leaving the girls speechless. When she was daydreaming she thought about leading the girls cunningly to the bathroom and locking them inside, preventing any possibility of them coming out and bother her and Aron again. 

 

~

 

When we finished our individual parts we changed clothes to our cheerleading outfits and Jinu drove us to the stadium they rented for the filming. This time the outfits were in a different color than the teaser photos and they were designed differenty as well, but it still had the same print like the one from the teasers.

"Oppa.." I called Jinu when we arrived.

"What is it?"

"Can we have a break? Wer'e tired."

"Yes, we really are." the other girls agreed, hoping it will affect him.

"You had rest when the other girls had their parts.."

"Please, oppa.. Just five minutes!" Sumi tried to use her aegyo.

"No." he said firmly.

"Oppa!" all of us whined.

"What's going on?" a familiar voice appeared behind Jinu's back. Himchan.

"How is it going, girls?" Daehyun asked. The rest of B.A.P stood behind him.

"Great!" we beamed.

"Are you hungry? We brought food." Youngjae said and showed us a big shopping bag he held that probably contained food and drinks.

"Yes!" we shouted, excited. We barely ate anything today and it was getting late.

"We need to film this part before it's getting dark. Eat after we finish." Jinu said, ruining the mood.

"Oppa!" we exclaimed, frustrated.

"Can't they just eat? We will eat fast and they'll go back to work before it's getting dark.. We still have time." Yongguk tried to convince him. Jinu looked at us and then at the rest of the staff.

"I'll see what I can do." he said and went to talk to the director and some other staff members.

"Oppa!" I hugged Yongguk.

"Hey, babe." he kissed my forehead, smiling.

"How do I look?" I asked, taking a step backwards and turning around so he can see my outfit.

"Good. Very good." he said, his gums showing.

"Don't delude her, she might actually believe it." Himchan shot and turned to look at me. "Kiddoh, your'e ugly. You always were and you always will be."

"At least I'm pretty inside, unlike you, ." I retorted, stucking my tongue out.

"Alright. Let's take an hour break since the staff wants to eat and do some things as well. Don't be late and you can't complain afterwards." Jinu came back after talking to the staff.

"Alright, oppa!" we beamed. We are lucky B.A.P came, or else he wouldn't have talked to the staff.

"Let's eat!" Daehyun said and we sat down on the benches, not wanting to dirty our clothes before the filming.

We ate the sandwiches happily and Daehyun took a couple of photos of all of us in his phone. When we finished eating we just talked for a while. At some point I noticed Sey was missing and a few moments later Himchan disappeared as well. I smiled to myself, happy they are trying to figure things out between them.

"Babe.." Yongguk whispered in my ear.

"What?" I looked at him.

"How about we have a few minutes alone as well?" he asked.

"Are you offering me something inappropriate?" I joked.

"Maybe." he smirked.

"Can I know what you had in mind?" I asked teasingly.

"I'd rather show it to you instead of just talking.." he whispered in my ear, turning my face into a tomato.

 

~

 

Sey was walking in the hallway, looking for the bathroom, when something, or more correctly - someone, glued her to the wall.

"What do you want?" she asked, annoyed, when she saw the culprit.

"You." Himchan said while staring at her, making her heart beat faster. It has been a while since they were this close and she missed it.

"Why? Did you finish sleeping with all the available girls by now?" she mocked.

"No."

"Then what is it?" Sey asked, trying to sound unaffected.

"I want you."

"Why?"

"I love you." he said, releasing his grip.

"Then why did you leave me?" she asked, trying to stop the tear at the corner on her eye.

"You were talking about another guy like I never existed."

"And I apologized for it. You were the one that slept with someone else."

"We were on a break!" Himchan tried not to raise his voice too much so he won't draw unwanted attention.

"It still hurt."

"I know, and I'm sorry. I regretted it the moment it happened."

"I hate you." she finally let the tears slip. Himchan wiped it gently.

"I know. I'm sorry."

She looked in his eyes and it seemed sincere. She wiped the remaining tears and slowly wrapped her arms around his waist. He hesitated at first, but eventually pulled her closer to him. She leaned her head on his chest and he put his head on hers. He could smell her shampoo.. The scent he missed so badly.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too." she whispered, burrying her face in his chest.

 

~

 

"I think this is a good place." Yongguk said after opening one of the doors and examining the room. It looked like a storage room or something..

"Are you sure?" I hesitated. I was scared someone would come in and catch us, and the room looked a bit shady as well.

"It's a storage room.. Nobody will come here, especially if there isn't a game or anything.. The company rented the whole stadium for your filming." he reasoned.

"Alright." I followed him inside the room. He turned the light on and I could finally scan the room. It had cleaning materials and some old cabinets scattered across the room. Yongguk leaned on the wall and pulled me close to him.

"There is something I always wanted to tell you." Yongguk suddenly said.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I'm happy we are dating." he caressed my cheek.

"I'm happy too." I smiled.

"You are the prettiest when you smile." he pinched my cheek.

"Why do I feel like you are trying to cover up for something? You are being overly mushy." I .

"Can't I tell my girlfriend how much I appreciate her?" he pretended to be hurt.

"Of course you can." he smiled.

"So.. This was the reason you wanted to be alone with me?" I asked, reminding him he was the one that wanted to be alone. Not that I complain about being alne with him, it just felt like there was something else on his mind when he offered it..

"I thought we agreed already that the reason is my inappropriate thoughts about you.." he joked.

"Speaking of that, what were they?" I asked, poking his chest.

"Are you sure you want to know?" he teased.

"Yes." I said, although I had a feeling I would regret it.

"Well.." he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "You are really y in this outfit." he said while staring at me, and my face started to heat.

"Thank you."

"And my inappropriate thoughts would include tearing that thing off of your body and appreciate your body like it deserves to be appreciated."

"You can't tear this clothes, I need them." I don't know what made me say that or how I had the confidence to say it, but I did. Yongguk laughed.

"You can help me take them off gently." he offered.

"Are you seriously going to let my first time be like this?" I faked disbelief in order to .

"Does it mean you agree?" he smirked. My face became red as a tomato. I hate his teasings.. And I love them at the same time.

"You talk too much." I said, avoiding the question.

"Then shut me up." he challenged, and I eagerly agreed. I attached my lips to his, savoring the sweet taste that I'm so used to now.

.

~

 

"We should get going." Sey said as she dragged Himchan down the hallway, back to where the others were.

"I'm always following you." he smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist. They walked like this for a couple of moments when they noticed a door open and Hyeri and Yongguk came out, their faces a little red and sweaty.

"What were you up to, naughty couple?" Sey teased the couple.

"N.. Nothing." Hyeri blushed and hid behind Yongguk's back.

"I see you two have made up?" Yongguk asked, scanning Sey and Himchan.

"I guess you can say that." Himchan said, looking at Sey.

"What were you doing?" Sey asked, changing the subject back to the couple in front of her.

"Definitely not what you were doing.." Hyeri winked when she noticed a few red marks on Himchan's neck. He hurried to cover them with his hand, blushing.

"Your lose." Sey stuck her tongue out.

 

~

 

We were on our way back to the group when we saw Yujin and Jongup.

"Where were you?" I asked curiously.

"We just went for a walk." Yujin said. "What about you?" she asked, looking suspiciously at the four of us.

"We were just hanging around and talking." I said.

"About what?" Jongup asked.

"Burning calories." Yongguk said, smirking. I started to blush. Luckily only me and him understand the real meaning of it.. It's our private joke.

"If you are doing sports then let me know, I'll join you!" Jongup said.

"Me too! I need to improve my stamina." Yujin joined. My face was turning into a darker shade of red and I elbowed Yongguk. It's all because of him and his stupid jokes!

"Sure." Yongguk smiled, and my eyes widened in shock and disbelief. He can't be serious..

"Hyeri, why are you like this? It's only sport.." Sey asked, unaware of the real problem. I know Jongup and Yujin are not aware of it either, but my idiot boyfriend is, and he just made the situation worse.

"I'm just tired.." I mumbled, and I could hear Yongguk chuckle.

"Let's go, we will be late and Jinu will be mad at us." Sey said, rescuing me from embarrassment. They started walking and Yongguk and me trailed behind them.

"So.. Are we going to do a group activity soon?" Yongguk asked teasingly.

"Sure.. But that means you are never doing any kind of activity with me." I said and walked forward, joining Himchan and Sey.

"I'm never replacing you." he said while hugging me from behind. A wide smile started to spread on my face.

 

~

 

"Alright. Do the dance from the beginning like you know. If you mess up we have to do it again, so it's up to you when we'll finish." Jinu said when we gathered at the stadium again after the break.

"Yes, oppa." we said and went to the center, standing in our initial formation.

B.A.P stayed to watch our dance, so I was a little more excited than usual. It's the first time they are seeing it and I'm really curious about their opinions, especially Yongguk's. I want to do well.

The music started playing and we did our best.

 

~

 

"This is.." Himchan started saying while watching the girls do their song and dance.

"Really bad." Youngjae finished his sentence.

"Well, at least it's catchy? Their chorus is quite catchy and the rhythm is nice. The dance helps a lot as well." Daehyun said, trying to see the positive side. 

"Hyeri is saving this song and dance." Zelo commented.

"Her high note is good. She does it while dancing hard, too." Daehyun added.

"Guys.." Jongup suddenly spoke.

"What?"

"There is another problem." he stated and pointed at the male staff that gathered to watch the girls. They were all drooling and cheering loudly, especially when their skirts went a bit higher because of their movements, revealing the shorts they wore beneath it.

"Well, I think the girls have one less problem right now.." Youngjae said, and the hyung line glared at him.

"What?!" Youngjae exclaimed. "They'll have some male fans, even if it means they'll drool on them like animals. Fans are still fans, and it's not like our female fans are much better.."

"What if it was your girlfriend over there?" Yongguk asked Youngjae.

"I will kill the bastard, but that's not the point."

"Guys.." Zelo said, interrupting their talk.

"What?" Himchan asked.

"What do we tell them if they ask how it was?" Zelo asked.

"Tell them that they worked hard and compliment on the good stuff." Yongguk said.

 

~

 

"Oppa!" I went straight to Yongguk when we finished. Luckily it didn't take too much takes although we were tired.

"Babe." Yongguk smiled.

"How was it?" I asked.

"You are amazing." he ruffled my hair.

"What did you like the most?"

"You."

"Stop lying." I pouted.

"It's not a lie."

 

~

 

"Oppa!" Sey went to talk to Himchan.

"Hmm?"

"Did you like it?"

"I like the outfit." he smirked.

"You already saw it, inside out."

"How about a second round then?"

 


 

Author's Note:

 

Long chapter because I wanted to finish this day :)

 

The MV is related to the lyrics of the song. You can check it in chapter 59 if you don't remember what the song is about. I tried to make the MV amusing and not heavy and serious, but I don't know how it came out at the end.. Tell me what you thought!

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, etc.! 

 

M.