Chapter 114

Masks

"What the hell are you doing?" Sey exclaimed, glaring at Sumi. After the meeting ended the girls settled in one of the practice rooms and waited for Hyeri to join them, so Sey took this opportunity to figure out what's going on and scold the youngest member if necessary. She didn't like what happened at the meeting with Jinu at all.

"Nothing." Sumi said innocently and turned her attention back to her phone.

"What was that with Yongguk and Hyeri?" Sey continued her inquiry.

"Isn't it obvious? He finally dumped her." Sumi smiled brightly. "He should have done that long ago.."

"Are you on drugs?"

"No."

"You do realize there is no way he will dump her for you, right?" Sey asked.

"He already did. I won."

"I don't know what you did and what's going on in your own delusional world, but Hyeri belongs to Yongguk and Yongguk belongs to Hyeri. Didn't your parents teach you it's rude to in in people's relationships?"

"Don't mention my parents." Sumi stood up abruptly, glaring at Sey.

"A sensitive subject?" Sey mocked, happy she found Sumi's Achilles heel. She is going to use it for her own advantage when the time is right.

"Hyeri admitted her defeat, so get off your high horse." Sumi said dryly. "They already broke up, so he was single when I approched him. And for the record - He kissed me first."

Sey swallowed her saliva. That was unexpected.. And it doesn't make any sense. No matter how much she thinks about it, she can't imagine a scenario where Yongguk kisses Sumi on his own will.

"Stay away from both of them." Sey threatened.

"I don't think you are in a position to make threats." Sumi appraoched Sey, closing the distance between them.

"And why is that?" Sey didn't budge. A brat like Sumi is not scaring her.

"Everyone has secrets.. You don't want to get yours exposed, right?" Sumi smirked.

"Expose my secret and I'll expose yours." Sey smirked. She is not backing down.

 

~

 

I entered the practice room where we were supposed to gather for the mention party. When I entered the room there was a weird atmosphere and if my senses are not mistaken, it looks like Sumi and Sey bickered while I was gone. They were exchanging unreadable glances and the room was dead silent. The other girls were awkward as well, and kept looking between the three of us.

I sighed quietly. It's enough I'm not in a good relationship with Sumi, if the other girls are having problems with her as well it will affect all of us and it can become obvious to the people watching. That's the last thing we need at the moment.

"Why are you so quiet? Did you gossip about me?" I joked, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Always." Sumi smiled brightly. "I guess you are not that stupid after all.."

"If you have something to say, say it in my face and not behind my back like a coward." I smiled.

"Fine. I hate you."

"It's mutual."

"Hyeri, leave her." Sey finally spoke.

"It's almost 19:00, we should start checking our messages." Yujin said sheepishly.

 

~

 

"Bang?" Himchan immediately asked when the door to the practice room opened. Yongguk was the only one missing, and Himchan hoped it would be him because he was worried.

A sulking Yongguk entered the room, sitting on the ground and burying his face in his hands.

The boys exchanged worried looks between them until Himchan decided to do something.

"Yongguk?" Himchan called softly and crouched down in front of Yongguk.

"I lost her." Yongguk mumbled without removing the hands covering his face.

"What are you talking about? Hyeri is crazy about you. Like, really crazy. She is a lunatic."

"I messed up." Yongguk looked at Himchan. He looked so pitiful that Himchan felt sorry for him.

"You always fight, I'm sure you can figure things out. Just give her some time to cool down, you know how hot tempered she is.." Himchan offered, trying to cheer Yongguk up.

"There are things that can't be fixed."

 

~

 

We took out our phones, ready for our first ever mention party. Butterflies filled my stomach from excitement, but there were also worries.. What if nobody send us questions?

I took a deep breath, trying not to show I'm nervous. I should think positive. Besides, the mention party will help me distract myself from thinking about Yongguk and Sumi.

I checked the time. It was 19:02 by now. I had a few notifications, indicating new tweets I recieved. I smiled in relief and read the first question - "What is the first thing you want to do after you finish promoting?". It seems like a harmless question. I quickly typed a reply - "Eat a big meal without counting the calories".

The next question I recieved was similar - "What is the hardest thing being an idol?"

I thought for a while before answering. There are a lot of difficulties.. The lack of sleep, the constant dieting, endless practice and schedules, the need to appear perfect all the time, being the leader.. It's harder than it looks. When I made up my mind I answered the question - "The lack of sleep". It might not be that significant to others, but I love sleeping, and at some point I can't function if I can't get enough sleep. If I need to give up on something, I'll prefer giving up on food rather than giving up on my sleep.

I got a few more questions to answer and I smiled because it means we are doing quite well. As long as people ask us things it's not a failure.

 

~

 

"Hyung, we should do what we planned.." Zelo said.

"Right.." Himchan mumbled. "Are you ready?"

"Yes." Daehyun grinned.

"What about Yongguk hyung?" Jongup asked bluntly and the boys turned their attention to the oldest male, examining him.

"Of course I'm doing it." Yongguk stated, taking everyone by surprise.

"You don't have to if you feel uncomfortable.." Himchan said.

"Look.." Yongguk took a deep breath before talking. "First, we are doing it for all the girls, not only for Hyeri. Second, no matter how upset Hyeri is, she knows that there is something more important than her own feelings, which is her image. Both of us are professionals, so no matter what happens between us, we will still act normally when there are cameras recording or people watching us, even if we want to kill each other the moment we are alone."

"Are you sure she can handle it? You know her temper better than us.." Himchan was still unsure.

"Yes. She will never sabotage her group. Besides, it will look weird if all of you does it and I'm not.. I'm sure she'll understand."

"Alright. Let's do it!" Youngjae exclaimed.

 

~

 

I answered a few more questions when I got several notifications at once. I opened them and saw that the boys sent me questiones. A smile automatically decorated my face. They are so cute.

"Oh, B.A.P asked me questions!" Yujin exclaimed happily while staring at her phone.

"Me too!" Eun Hee joined.

"I think they sent questions to all of us.." Sey commented, smiling as well.

"So cute." I commented.

The first question was from Zelo - "Hyeri the pretty noona, what is your favorite fashion item?". I thought for a bit and answered - "Socks. I have tons of them".

Next was Daehyun - "Hyeri-ya! Can you teach @BAP_Himchan how to cook?". I started to laugh while reading it. He is going to be dead when Himchan reads it..

I quickly typed a reply - "He doesn't need my help, he already cooks well :)". I only tried his food once but it was tasty, and I heard the boys compliment him all the time, so I guess he is a good cook..

When I finished typing my answer I noticed Himchan replied to Daehyun, telling him to eat outside the next time he cooks. They are so funny.

The next question was from Youngjae, asking what my favorite video game is. Unfortunately, I don't play video games because I prefer doing other things with my time, so I just replied that I don't play any, and he sent me a sad smiley in reply.

Before checking the next quetion I saw that Himchan commented on my reply to Daehyun, saying I know to identify quality when I see it. I chuckled. Diva Himchan never changes.. I also noticed that magically enough, my anger faded away and I wasn't angry anymore about our conversation in the morning. I guess I had other things to deal with, like Yongguk and Sumi.

"Why are you laughing?" Sey asked and lifted her eyes from her phone's screen to look at me.

"Himchan is funny." I replied, smiling.

"I saw your tweets.. Looks like Daehyun is going to starve from now on.." Yujin said, chuckling.

"Idiots." I shook my head. "Let's get back to our questions."

Everyone turned back to their phones, including me. Now it was Himchan's question - "If you could do a duet with anyone, who do you want to collaborate with?". This question was easy.. Ailee. I like her voice and her songs, and she seems like a nice person.

The next one to ask me a question was Jongup, who wanted to know what is my favorite Pokemon. Why am I not surprised he was the one asking this question?

I chuckled and typed my answer - Snorlax. It sleeps most of the time and wakes up only to eat food. Sounds like it has a good life.. What else do you need more than that?

Before I managed to check the next question I noticed Sumi commented on my reply to Jongup - "Snorlax is similar to you.. You act the same :P". I rolled my eyes at her comment and ignored it. If I answered her I might have said something bad, and I don't want to risk it. We should let people think it's an innocent comment and not a deliberated jab.

I took a deep breath and realized I only have one member left - The one I didn't want to interact with. I considered my options - I can't ignore him because it will look weird if I answer the other boys and not him, but on the other hand, I don't feel like talking to him at all. It will only hurt more.

I sighed. It doesn't look like I have a choice, though. If there is something I learned even before debuting, it's that whatever you see on TV is nothing like what's going on in reality and behind the scenes. Everything is just a big act, and we are the main actors. It's actually one of the first things you learn in this industry.. You won't survive if you don't play according to the rules, the same rules you don't have control over.

I tried to calm myself down and read Yongguk's question - "What is the last song you listened to?". It doesn't look that bad.. But I can tell he meant something else. I'm willing to bet that he only posted this question in order to not look suspicious and that he actually meant to ask how am I feeling\doing. I decided to play along and answer both of his questions - The obvious one and the one beneath the surface. I typed and answer - "Voicemail (B.A.P)". That should give him an idea about my feelings and thoughts.. It describes what I want to say perfectly.

 

~

 

Yongguk stared at his phone's screen, reading Hyeri's answer for the hundredth time. Looks like she got his intention and answered him accordignly.. And it hurt. He knows he messed up badly, but if she only gave him a chance to explain.. And to make her happy again.

"Are you giving up?" Himchan asked, sitting next to him on the ground.

"I don't have a choice."

"You know how stubborn she is.. It's like talking to a wall when she is mad. You should try again whe she calms down." Himchan patted Yongguk's shoulder.

"What if her anger won't calm down?"

"It's Hyeri. You are one of her biggest weaknesses, and I can guarantee you that it hasn't changed."

"It will  probably change." Yongguk said bitterly and messed his hair in frustration.

"What did you do?" Himchan asked curiously. It has to be really bad if Yongguk is this pessimistic.

"I.. Kissed Sumi."

 

~

 

After answering all the questions from the boys I answered some questions from my fans. Unfortunately, the next question was related to Yongguk as well - "Will you do another song with @BAP_Bangyongguk? I really liked 'Prey'!". I tried to stay composed and answer politely. I typed my answer quickly - "Thank you :) I'll do another song with him if he offers me to do it".

I answered a few more questions about random things until one specific question caught my attention. In wasn't a question actually, more like a sentence. And the sender was someone I was scared to meet again - Zico.

Seven words were written in his tweet, and it was enough to make my heart beat faster from anxiety. "I have an interesting offer for you". I snorted. Interesting to who? I am definitely not interested in anything that's related to him. We are over, just like Yongguk and I are over.

I typed an answer - "If it's work related you should contact my company.. I can't decide these things on my own". It sounds good enough, right? Not revealing any emotions and without being rude. It will cause trouble if I'm rude to a senior..

I didn't have to wait long for an answer - "What if it doesn't? ;)".

Jerk. What is he planning? And why is it that important he has to use SNS to tell me that? He has my phone number if he wants to contact me, and it's not like he didn't kidnap me in the past.. I'm pretty sure he knows how to find me if he really wants to, so what is his plan?

"You know where to find me :)" was my answer, and I moved on to the next questions.

 

~

 

"You did what?" Himchan was sure he didn't hear well.

"I kissed Sumi. And Hyeri saw it." Yongguk repeated.

"Yongguk.." Himchan said softly. "Is it because of Hana?"

"No."

"So you coincidentally kiss Sumi on the day Hana died?" Himchan questioned.

"It was a mistake." Yongguk said weakly.

"Does Hyeri know it's today?" Himchan changed the subject.

"It has nothing to do with her." Yongguk shrugged.

"Yeah, right." Himchan scoffed. "If it was up to Hyeri she would have done everything she can in order to be there for you, so how is this thing have nothing to do with her?"

"BECAUSE I DON'T WANT HER TO BE THERE FOR ME. SHE HAS ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH AS IT IS!" Yongguk snapped.

"I guess you two are more similar than I thought.." Himchan sighed. "You are behaving just like Hyeri."

"What do you mean?"

"You don't tell her important things because you don't want to put more pressure on her, but she actually does the same. That's why she doesn't tell you things."

"That's not true. She just doesn't trust me."

"She trust you more than anyone else, why are you so blind to see that?"

"Because I know her." Yongguk insisted.

"I guess you don't know her well enough then.." Himchan retorted.

"I know her more than you do for sure."

"I bet you have no idea what happened at their fansign today, right?" Himchan laughed bitterly.

"What do you mean?" Yongguk asked, worried expression on his face. Hyeri did tell him earlier that the fansign was bad, but she pushed him away before giving him any details about it.

"I don't know all the details, but it looks like some ert bugged her during the fansign.."

"So she didn't tell me about it so I won't get mad and worried.." Yongguk mumbled quietly, realizing Himchan's intention.

"You should talk to Hyeri about Hana." Himchan said.

"No."

"Why not?"

"It doesn't matter, she broke up with me."

"Well, work things out."

"It's not that simple." Yongguk said dryly.

Himchan was about to say something when Yongguk's phone beeped, signaling a new text message.

Yongguk took out his phone from his jeans pocket and opened the text:

 

"Isn't it ironic that your current girlfriend left you in the same day your previous girlfriend left?

Karma is a .

It just shows how much of a loser you are and how much she doesn't care about you.

Since she is single now, I'm not giving up.

Wouldn't it be great if she left you just to come to my side?

I didn't take Hana from you, but Hyeri is a different story.

I can treat her much better than you anyway, LOSER.

Get ready, IT'S WAR!"

 

Yongguk read the message over and over. Every time he read it his anger rose. At the fifth time he wanted to throw the phone and let it break so he won't have to see it again. But he didn't.

"What is it?" Himchan asked, noticing Yongguk's discomfort.

"That dickhead." Yongguk growled and showed Himchan the text. Himchan scanned it and his face paled. This is really not good.

 


 

Author's Note:

 

I'm sorry it took me a while to update, I was busy with school.

I'm also sorry that it's short and that there is a cliffhanger, but I wanted to update and it looked like a good place to stop ;)

I might update again tomorrow, but I'm not sure. I'll try my best!

 

Just a reminder - Sumi looks like Hana.

 

The album is amazing! I'm really proud of Yongguk and the boys. Yongguk did an amazing job with the songs and the boys are working hard to fill his place. It's not the same (and I miss him!), but they are doing a good job.

What did you think about the album? What are your favorite songs on the album?

 

Thanks for reading, commenting, subscribing, etc.! <3

 

M.