Chapter 4

Masks

I know I was supposed to stay at the dorm and rest, but I got bored and I wanted to see people, hence I found myself at the company.

When I entered the building B.A.P just came back from a schedule. They were standing in the enterance greeting their fans. So nice of them.

"Hey, how is our patient feeling?" Himchan smiled brightly when he noticed me.

"Better, and bored.." I answered and made a miserable face in order to make my point clear.

"Aren't you supposed to rest?" Youngjae questioned.

"I am, but I'm bored staying at the dorm alone.."

"Jinu will kill you if he see you here.." Daehyun warned.

"I know.." I said quietly.

"Is it sprained?" Yongguk asked and pointed at my hurt leg. I got a little excited because it's the first time he talked to me, but I tried not to show it.

"Luckily no."

"Thats good." Yongguk smiled. It wasn't his famous gummy smile, but it was good enough for me. His smile can lighten any dark day.

"Hyeri! What are you doing here?" Jinu appeared. Speak of the devil.. He sounded a little angry.

"N.. Nothing.." I stuttred.

"You should be resting, not moving around." He scolded.

"I know, but I'm bored."

"Just go rest." Jinu ordered.

"hyung! can't she at least come and watch us practice?" Zelo asked, taking me be by surprise. "It's not like she can practice right now anyway, and it's better if she sit somewhere here then go back to her dorm, and we could use another opinion on our follow-up stage."

"You know trainees are not allowed to do that.." Jinu argued.

"I know, but pretty please?" Zelo asked and tried to use his aegyo.

"Fine." Jinu sighed. "Only for this practice, if your manager allows it, and don't tell the other trainees because I will be the one that need to provide explenations if it's discovered."

"Great! You know you are still my favourite manager, right hyung?" Zelo said hapilly and hugged Jinu.

"Yes, that's what you said to your manager as well.." Jinu rolled his eyes.

"Did you talk abaout me?" B.A.P's manager appeared.

"Take care of your boys, they are slacking around." Jinu jokingly said.

"Hyung!" The boys protested.

"Don't you have something to do? go busy yourself, I need to talk to your manager.."

"Wer'e going.." Himchan said, and we started walking to the practice room on the second floor.

 

"Here.." Daehyun gave me a bottle of water during their break. They were practicing for an hour and a half now, and they were supposed to keep practicing for another two hours.

"Thank you" I took the bottle from him and he sat on the floor next to me. "Your song is good" I smiled.

"I'm glad you like it." He smiled as well.

"Your fans must be happy.."

"Why?"

"Because you always spoil them with comebacks and events.."

"We try to.. Our BABYz are the best!" Daehyun smiled brightly while saying this.

"So cheesy.."

"I'm sincere, they really are awsome."

"Who is awsome?" Zelo sat at my other side.

"Your fans.." I answered.

"Right" Zelo smiled.

"Did you know zelo was one of the people making the choreography? along with Jongup and our choreographer." Daehyun said proudly like he made the choreography himself.

"Really? That's great! The dance is nice and fit the song well."

"Thanks" Zelo blushed a little because of my compliment.

"Will you stop flirting and come practice?" Himchan groaned from the other side of the room.

"Said the one who flirts with everything that breaths.." Daehyun mumbled, making everyone laugh.

"You little.."

"That's enough." Yongguk stopped him before the situation will get worse. "Go practice, all of you." He ordered.

"Ignore them, they are always like this.. You'll get used to it." Zelo said and stood up to join the rest of the guys.

 

The dance practice finally ended. I checked the time and it was already late afternoon. I was having so much fun that I didn't noticed so many hours passed, but that means I have less time to spend alone until the other girls come back to the dorm.

I was on the lower floor of the company when I saw Sumi coming out of the CEO office, again. I stayed in my place so she won't see me because I didn't have enough energy to deal with her at the moment. I watched her while she passed by me. She looked distracted and upset. Maybe she got scolded?

 

~

 

I woke up in panic thinking I'm late for practice, but my ankle reminded me that I need to rest. It was early morning and I couldn't bear stay in the dorm any longer, so I went to vocal training. I can't dance, but I can still sing and I didn't have anything better to do anyway. Hyerim was pleased because I did well, and I even helped Sey with her song because she needed a singer to accompany her rap.

After the vocal training I went to manners lesson and to language lesson. I'm good at english, so I learned japanese.

Jinu scolded me again for coming to the company instead of staying in bed, but eventually he gave up after a lot of aegyo from my side and after he realized it's useless arguing with me because I'll end up doing whatever I want anyway.. I can be very persistent when I want to and I'm a little workaholic, so I can't just sit still doing nothing for long. 

When I got to the third floor I passed by the bulletin board that was hung on the wall. It had all sorts of announcements and schedules on it, and also a list of the trainees height and weight after each evaluation. Jinu said it was supposed to encourage us to lose weight and to keep in shape, but it's just bad and embarrasing, since basically everyone can see it. I wonder how my weight will be in the next measurement because I didn't do any physical activity in the last few days.. I sighed. They probably going to tell me to cut the food to water and lettuce since I can't workout yet.

 

A week passed. I can finally dance and workout, although I'm more careful about it right now because of my ankle. I was so excited to dance again that I stayed in the practice room until late.

I was a little tired after practicing for hours and I needed a break from working on the dance for the evaluation, so I put my ipod on shuffle and danced to whatever was playing. When the song ended I heard clapping from the direction of the hallway. I turned around to see Yongguk leaning on the door and looking at me.

"Did.. did.. you.. watch.. me?" I stuttered. I was probably red as a tomato as well.

"Yes." He looked amused. . From all the songs that I had on my ipod and could have been played, he had to come and watch me dance when the most embarrasing song I have was played. Just my luck..

"What are you doing here? Don't you have Inkigayo recording tomorrow? This things start early.." I mumbled, looking at everywhere but him.

"I was working on a song, and I thought to come and check if there is someone here before I go back to the dorm.."

"Oh.." was all I could say.

"Are you going back to the dorm? it's already 3am, you should sleep as well.."

"Yes, I should."  I said and started gathering my stuff. I didn't realize it was this late.

"Good, then let's go back together." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back.

When I finished packing my stuff we started walking to my dorm.

"Are you sure it's ok? your dorm is in the other direction.." I said.

"I can't let you walk around alone this late at night, and my dorm is not that far from here.." he reasoned. He has a point, and he is a gentleman. 

"Thank you." I said while staring at the road.

"Why were you practicing this late? I never saw you here at night.."

"I was just excited to dance again.." I blushed and scolded myself for saying that. That sounds really pathetic.

"That's good." Yongguk smiled.

"How is your song going?"

"Good.. I almost finished it."

"That is great. I'm sure it's going to be a good song." I smiled.

"Thank you." He said and we walked quietly for a couple of minutes, each one of us caught in his own thoughts.

"Have you ever been to a music show recording?" Yongguk asked suddenly, breaking the silence.

"Yes, I did once, at Music Bank. I wanted to see my favourite group." I answered without thinking.

"Which group?"

I'm so stupid, Why did I have to mention it? Of course he will ask who is my favotire group, and if I'll say that I like B.A.P he will probably think I'm some weird saesang that came to TS just to be close to them.. It's partially true, but I'm not a saesang and I don't have any intention to hurt them or to be a stalker. I really don't want him to misunderstand.

"Well? Did you forget which groups you like?" He teased when I didn't answer.

"I like your group." I answered. There is no use hiding it, and if he will think I'm weird then I guess that's my punishment for being stupid and talking without thinking first. I looked at him, trying to figure out his facial expression when he didn't say anything.

"We arrived at your dorm." He said dryly and pointed at the building in front of us - the trainees dorm. That is not a good sign.

"Oh.. thank you. Have a good night." I said without looking at him.

"Good night" He said and turned to leave.

"Wait a minute!" I called after him.

"What?" He looked at me with a blank expression. He didn't sound mad or annoyed, and honestly it scared me more.

"Are you mad at me? Or do you think I'm weird?" I asked while looking at the pavement and kicking a small stone I found on the ground.

"No. Why did you think that?" He looked confused, and it made me even more confused than before. If he is not mad at me, why did he became cold all of a sudden after I said it?

"Because you looked like you didn't like my answer about my favourite group."

"Well, I don't quite like it." Yongguk admitted and stared at some spot on the sidewalk.

"Why? I'm not a saesang, I promise." I sounded pretty frightened.

"I know your'e not." He smiled, obviously amused by my reaction. "If you were a saesang you would have stalked the hell out of us when you first got here, when in reality we actually didn't see you at all until the evaluation, and we didn't see you that much even afterwards."

"Then why?" I asked confused.

"Because I can't be friends with my fans." I felt my heart sink a little. What was I expecting anyway? And he is right, there should be a line between his work and his personal life, but where am I standing? I mean, I'm not a hardcore fan, but I did followed them since they debuted, and I care about them. Now that I'm in TS I kind of crossed that line.. I actualy don't see them as my idols anymore, but more like friends, however I guess that they'll always just see me as a fan..

"What are you thinking about?" He asked when I didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry.." I said quietly and stared at a random spot in the distance, trying not to look at him. I'm too embarrassed to do it.

"About what?"

"About this.. Can you please try to forget What I said? It's true you were my idols when I came to TS, but after spending time with all of you I think of you as my friends and not like my idols anymore, so can we just be normal again?"

"Are you always like this?"

"Like what?"

"Worrying too much about stuff and overthinking things that are not important.."

"Yes." I admitted.

"We are fine, just don't fangirl too much in front of me because it will make me treat you like a fan, ok?"

"Deal." I smiled brightly. "And thank you."

"For?" He looked confused.

"For walking me home, and for not hating me." I said shyly.

"Your'e welcome, and I wouldn't hate you bacause of that. I was just a little surprised, that's all." He smiled.

"By the way, I first met the guys at your showcase, you were just busy with your manager when we went backstage."

"Oh right, the boys told me they met you.. They really like you."

"I like them as well.. I mean, as people, not because your'e idols.."

"I know, you didn't have to emphasize that."

"I just don't want to be misunderstood.." I said quietly.

"Well, good night. And don't worry too much." He gave me his gummy smile.

"Good night." I smiled brightly and went into the building after waving him goodbye. I feel like a small weight is lifted from my shoulders, and I'm thankful that he still treats me normally.

 

When I entered the dorm Sey was in the kitchen getting a glass of water.

"What's up?" I whispered when I saw her, trying not to make too much noise so the other girls won't wake up.

"Good, but I think you have more intresting things to tell.." She teased.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Yongguk.. I saw you talking downstairs." I blushed furiously.

"It's really nothing, he just walked me home from the company.."

"Then Why are you blushing?" She gave me a sly smile. "And you talked for quite a while.."

"Don't remind me.." I sighed.

"What happened?"

"Nothing.. I want to go take a shower since I'm sweaty and both of us need to sleep.. Good night, we'll talk tomorrow." I said and went to the bathroom before she could say anything.

 


  

Author's Note:

 

This is probably my longest chapter so far..

Mainly B.A.P\Yongguk this time :)

I guess you can call it a filler chapter, so therefore it's like this.

I'm not really happy with how Yongguk-Hyeri conversation turned out, but I couldn't find a way to fix it without ruining other parts, so it will stay like this..  And I wanted to explain Yongguk's reaction a little because I'm not sure if it's clear enough - Yongguk just thinks it's uncomfortable being too close to his fans, for obvious reasons, although he love them and appreciate them and he is nice to them, so he is taken aback a little when he found out Hyeri is his fan, but he comes back to his senses shortly after and with Hyeri's explanation they figure things out nicely.

 

Feedback is always welcomed!

 

M.